I'm a little confused. You get a match penalty for that game, not the next one. What's the big deal that he played in Game 3? Or am i reading that wrong? A game misconduct is just your removal from the current game.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VanillaO View Post
    I'm a little confused. You get a match penalty for that game, not the next one. What's the big deal that he played in Game 3? Or am i reading that wrong? A game misconduct is just your removal from the current game.
    wrong. since he had a 5 minute major for the last 5 Minutes of the final game, he takes the game misconduct the NEXT game.

Man, Price was amazing in goal in that game. Thomas didn't look like Thomas. It looked like he was struggling. He got so freakin' lucky so many times it's ridiculous. I don't know how many times he gave the Canadiens an empty net to shoot at. Bruins kept turning over the puck at the blue line, passing to no one in the offensive zone, and just playing catch with the puck instead of shooting ultimately resulting in turn overs. Wasn't a good game for them. They didn't look too bad in the second though.

Not the best sign when all the teams you're rooting for get shutout in the first game. At least Buffalo and Detroit won their first.

15+ Year Old Account
    This side of an imaginary line in the sand
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuukkatime View Post
    Man, Price was amazing in goal in that game. Thomas didn't look like Thomas. It looked like he was struggling. He got so freakin' lucky so many times it's ridiculous. I don't know how many times he gave the Canadiens an empty net to shoot at. Bruins kept turning over the puck at the blue line, passing to no one in the offensive zone, and just playing catch with the puck instead of shooting ultimately resulting in turn overs. Wasn't a good game for them. They didn't look too bad in the second though.

Not the best sign when all the teams you're rooting for get shutout in the first game. At least Buffalo and Detroit won their first.
    Marchand had some good chances too, he played very well.

He used to play for the Halifax Mooseheads too!
    red panda red panda red panda!

46.22 Fines and Suspensions – Instigator in Final Five Minutes of Regulation Time (or Anytime in Overtime) - A player who is deemed to be the instigator of an altercation in the final five (5) minutes of regulation time or at anytime in overtime (see 46.12) shall be suspended for one game, pending a review of the incident.

When the one-game suspension is imposed, the Coach shall be fined $10,000 – a fine that will double for each subsequent incident.

The suspension shall be served unless, upon review of the incident, the Director of Hockey Operations, at his discretion, deems the incident is not related to the score, previous incidents in the game or prior games, retaliatory in nature, “message sending”, etc. The length of suspension will double for each subsequent offense. This suspension shall be served in addition to any other automatic suspensions a player may incur for an accumulation of three or more instigator penalties.

No team appeals will be permitted either verbally or in writing regarding the assessment of this automatic suspension as all incidents are reviewed by the Director of Hockey Operations as outlined above.

Sounds pretty acceptable to me.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VanillaO View Post
    46.22 Fines and Suspensions – Instigator in Final Five Minutes of Regulation Time (or Anytime in Overtime) - A player who is deemed to be the instigator of an altercation in the final five (5) minutes of regulation time or at anytime in overtime (see 46.12) shall be suspended for one game, pending a review of the incident.

When the one-game suspension is imposed, the Coach shall be fined $10,000 – a fine that will double for each subsequent incident.

The suspension shall be served unless, upon review of the incident, the Director of Hockey Operations, at his discretion, deems the incident is not related to the score, previous incidents in the game or prior games, retaliatory in nature, “message sending”, etc. The length of suspension will double for each subsequent offense. This suspension shall be served in addition to any other automatic suspensions a player may incur for an accumulation of three or more instigator penalties.

No team appeals will be permitted either verbally or in writing regarding the assessment of this automatic suspension as all incidents are reviewed by the Director of Hockey Operations as outlined above.

Sounds pretty acceptable to me.
    so basicly the NHL gave the Penguins YET another gift. yeah. go figure,anyone shocked in that one?

CANUCKS FIGHTING

(This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by marcelos11 View Post
    so basicly the NHL gave the Penguins YET another gift. yeah. go figure,anyone shocked in that one?
    Speaking of that, Tampa Bay just got called for a nonexistant hooking call in this game.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asera View Post
    Speaking of that, Tampa Bay just got called for a nonexistant hooking call in this game.
    and Pitt didn't get called for slashing the goalie, suprised?

---------- Post added 2011-04-16 at 01:21 AM ----------

Also pitts 0 for 12 while tampa is 2 for 6 on the pp, how does pitt, the most penalized team in the league have half the penalties of Tampa?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cineplex View Post
    CANUCKS FIGHTING

I just want to point out there is absolutely no footage of the 'Nucks scoring on my team. <3

and Pitt didn't get called for slashing the goalie, suprised?
    At Consol? Of course not. I'd be a bit surprised if it was St. Pete Times.

15+ Year Old Account
    I just want to point out there is absolutely no footage of the 'Nucks scoring on my team. <3

At Consol? Of course not. I'd be a bit surprised if it was St. Pete Times.
    i am glad someone here realizes the truth, wheres all the air headed half decade penguins fans?

remember in 2009 game 7 when they all wanted a penalty on franzen because crosby all but jumped on franzens back and The Mule kicked him into the wall?

oh hey look, cross checking, not called. bueller bueller?

Thats an interference call? Gimme...
    Last edited by AceofHarts; 2011-04-16 at 01:31 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    i am glad someone here realizes the truth, wheres all the air headed half decade penguins fans?

remember in 2009 game 7 when they all wanted a penalty on franzen because crosby all but jumped on franzens back and The Mule kicked him into the wall?

oh hey look, cross checking, not called. bueller bueller?

Thats an interference call? Gimme...
    I saw some people with crossed out Red Wings signs during the 2009 playoffs. It was pretty sad.

Y'know, after they were given the cup, Crosby and his butt buddy at the time decided to take the Stanley Cup out for a freaking Seadoo ride on Shubenacadie Grand Lake up in Enfield. Put a life jacket on it and everything. Frigging kids.

15+ Year Old Account
    I saw some people with crossed out Red Wings signs during the 2009 playoffs. It was pretty sad.

Y'know, after they were given the cup, Crosby and his butt buddy at the time decided to take the Stanley Cup out for a freaking Seadoo ride on Shubenacadie Grand Lake up in Enfield. Put a life jacket on it and everything. Frigging kids.
    wait, they took the cup for a seadoo ride? i would have killed to see the life jacket fall off and the cup fall in the water and sink so i could laugh at how stupid he is.

15+ Year Old Account
    wait, they took the cup for a seadoo ride? i would have killed to see the life jacket fall off and the cup fall in the water and sink so i could laugh at how stupid he is.
    Oh that wasn't the only thing.

Here's a video of him taking the cup on a CH-124 Seaking. Yes, the same kind of helicopter they used to recover APOLLO CAPSULES FROM THE OCEAN IN THE 60'S. The US hasn't used these things in over a decade, and Canada has been trying to replace them since I've been in elementary school. They require 6-8 hours of maintenance per 1 hour flight time, on average.

---------- Post added 2011-04-15 at 10:57 PM ----------

I think the only good thing he did with it was visit the IWK children's hospital.

15+ Year Old Account
    Oh that wasn't the only thing.

Here's a video of him taking the cup on a CH-124 Seaking. Yes, the same kind of helicopter they used to recover APOLLO CAPSULES FROM THE OCEAN IN THE 60'S. The US hasn't used these things in over a decade, and Canada has been trying to replace them since I've been in elementary school. They require 6-8 hours of maintenance per 1 hour flight time, on average.
    and people wonder why we don't like his cocky arrogant ass. hey did someone teach him how to shake hands yet? or is that after we teach him how to not have a glass head?

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    San Jose. All the way. Got a feeling they wont suck it up this year.
    Boston also. Gotta rep my hometown xD

10+ Year Old Account
    1-0 vancouver!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Epuration View Post
    1-0 vancouver!
    Detroit is coming for you vancouver. and lol @ chicago giving up so many fast goals.

Sharks will win it all and once again all of the Bay Area will be in ecstatic for a team they had not really payed attention to ALL season! I hate bandwagon fans, they drive me crazy...

Being from michigan you can only be truly proud of the red wings, i'm not saying the tigers are bad (and lets just not talk about the lions) but the red wings just seem to hold this state together sports wise.