Hide your Rihannas.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    So that makes Cory Schneider and Roberto Luongo for Bo Horvat, Jacob Markstrom, and Shawn Matthias + eating some of Luongo's money (saw this in a tweet). How do u not just fire Gillis right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeoni View Post
    So that makes Cory Schneider and Roberto Luongo for Bo Horvat, Jacob Markstrom, and Shawn Matthias + eating some of Luongo's money (saw this in a tweet). How do u not just fire Gillis right now.
    Bo Horvat might be worth Schneider. W would have given them way more for Luongo a couple years ago, it's ridiculous.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Greeney View Post
    Bo Horvat might be worth Schneider. W would have given them way more for Luongo a couple years ago, it's ridiculous.
    He's worth Horvat if the player turns out to be as good as he is supposed to be. Schneider was already going to be a starter in the NHL and perhaps a stellar goalie. He's been up and down in New Jersey as far as I've noticed. Kesler has to go tomorrow too if they want to salvage anything out of this deadline.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    So is Thomas #2 now? He's going to love that...

Quote Originally Posted by Zeoni View Post
    I'm hoping this does get Gillis fired. Not because it's a bad trade, but because Gillis and Vigneault were both terrible for the team and it'd be nice to see the other half of that shitshow disappear. That said, getting rid of Luongo right now is the only proper course of action. He's not going to do anything for Vancouver anymore, and shipping him to Florida is basically like trading Wilt Chamberlain to the Washington Generals. The Panthers aren't exactly Cup contenders, so there isn't much to fear about coming up against him ever again in regular season, and especially in the playoffs. Plus, we need another young solid goalie, and since Schneider's not here anymore, it may as well be Markstrom.

The trade makes sense. It might not be the most we could've gotten for him, but I really think Luongo's best is behind him and sending him to Florida ensures that even if that's not true, the team will weigh him down enough that he won't see another finals run.

Now we just need to trade off Kesler, maybe Edler, and the Sedins. I prefer a rebuild to stagnation.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Rinne beautiful save his first game back oh and

Nathan Mackinnon Ties Wayne Gretzky for Longest Point streak in consecutive games for an 18yo. (at 12 Games)

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stommped View Post
    So is Thomas #2 now? He's going to love that...
    TT didnt mind Luongo coming to Florida. He's been plagued with injuries so he's most likely retiring after this season(gave hints about it in the interview before the game when the trade was announced)

But it doesent stop there. There's been alot of talk around Luongo also doing the same, not next season but in 2-3 seasons which caused alot of "drama" around his 2021-22(?) deal with Vancouver.

All in all i highly doubt any of these two goalies if they both continue next season in florida will mind splitting like Bernier and Reimer did majority of the early season.
    TT know's he's getting old and the injuries are preventing him from playing 110% like he has since joining nhl. The break he had in Boston Bruins werent just to be with family, it was also because of old injuries flaming up

10+ Year Old Account
    Brodeur has submitted a list of teams. I can see him dealt tomorrow

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well, Nonis clearly looks like a genius for trading Scrivens plus Frattin for Bernier after what Vancouver ultimately got for greasy Lou. And Gillis wanted fucking Kadri and Gardiner for him, what a retard!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kabookiejoez View Post
    Brodeur has submitted a list of teams. I can see him dealt tomorrow
    I can't see what team would want him though? He's not really good enough to be a starter anymore. (even though he himself seem to think so ) I guess he'd be a good veteran presence for any cup contenders, but the reason he wants to get out of Jersey, is because he wants to play more games, something I seriously doubt he'd be doing anywhere else. I just wish he stays in Jersey and retires after this year, don't want to see him in a different uniform.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosh View Post

I love Rinne and i hope he gets back on track, sadly i dont think he will do much this season. and yes im VERY happy to be wrong here.
    Saw the games he played while he was sent down and he still needs time to adjust and get back on track.
    again im very happy to be proven wrong here as i simply love the style he plays. and that he has the nastiest glove in NHL (Dem zaves!)
    The score doesn't really reflect it but he played pretty well. First one he would normally stop and I think it was mainly due to the rust which obviously is gonna happen. 2nd one was on a break out from a really wild play by Fluery and don't really put on him. 3rd was a no call on a trip by Crosby ( no shocker there) on Josi that left him wide open to wait for someone to get open on a point blank shot. Weber got 2 minutes and thrown out of the game for that one.

All in all he looked much better than we thought he would against a pretty high powered offense. I think people tend to forget that there was nothing wrong with him injury wise, so really he just needs to get some game action to get back used to the speed again. I see him doing fine and will be back to his old self once next season rolled around.

Trade note, we all thought Poile might sell, but its beginning to look like the eye still has him dazed and confused. I'm actually beginning to believe he thinks Rinne coming back is going to push us into the playoffs.

I keep seeing rumors about the Flyers offering a ton for Kesler. Why? I mean, Holmgren hasn't been the most sensible GM, but Couturier and picks for Kesler? Why would anyone think the Flyers would do that?

If it's gonna happen, it will involve one (or both) of the Schenn brothers, Mez and a pick for Kesler and Edler.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerolav View Post
    I can't see what team would want him though? He's not really good enough to be a starter anymore. (even though he himself seem to think so ) I guess he'd be a good veteran presence for any cup contenders, but the reason he wants to get out of Jersey, is because he wants to play more games, something I seriously doubt he'd be doing anywhere else. I just wish he stays in Jersey and retires after this year, don't want to see him in a different uniform.
    If Leafs could get a decent prospect or young player out of it, I could see them trading Reimer for Brodeur.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Greeney View Post
    If Leafs could get a decent prospect or young player out of it, I could see them trading Reimer for Brodeur.
    But why would Devils go after Reimer, though?

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ugh this tradecenter on tsn is pretty cringeworthy. All the different people they have in locations just sound like fucking morons. And yes, Pierre McQuire reporting in from Philly. I haven't actually tuned into TSN in awhile either, is this Gary Lawless guy a regular analyst or anything? Dude can't even read the words off the teleprompter. It's funny because you can tell when they just have nothing coming in for the guys to say because they all stumble and bumble over words. God I hate TSN.

Man.. if this St. Louis trade is because of the Olympic roster... grow up, man.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Great trade for NYR

Ya people all over are saying Tampa won because of the picks. If Callahan re-signs for 4M I agree. Since he probably won't play more than 30 games in Tampa, Rangers smoked Tampa in this trade. That 1st round pick next year is only worthwhile if the Rangers somehow finish 25th or worse, and 2nd round picks aren't typically NHL-ready for 2-4 seasons unless you get real lucky.

- - - Updated - - -

Ooof... 5M over 2 years to re-sign Chris Phillips? I guess that's good for him.. I'm just now looking at their defensive depth and it's good for Ottawa too... that being said, it explains why that team is so bad defensively.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VanillaO View Post
    Ya people all over are saying Tampa won because of the picks. If Callahan re-signs for 4M I agree. Since he probably won't play more than 30 games in Tampa, Rangers smoked Tampa in this trade. That 1st round pick next year is only worthwhile if the Rangers somehow finish 25th or worse, and 2nd round picks aren't typically NHL-ready for 2-4 seasons unless you get real lucky.

- - - Updated - - -

Ooof... 5M over 2 years to re-sign Chris Phillips? I guess that's good for him.. I'm just now looking at their defensive depth and it's good for Ottawa too... that being said, it explains why that team is so bad defensively.
    Not much Tampa could really do though, St Louis named 1 team he'd go to and they can't really keep him if he's going to be pissed all the time. Calling it now! Lundqvist goes down, Nash goes down, St Louis has an off year. Rangers finish 30th, Tampa gets McDavid! I've also heard that 2014 2nd rounder is a conditional one, if New York reaches the conference finals it will turn into a 1st round pick. I dunno, it's not a horrible trade either way.
    Last edited by Zeoni; 2014-03-05 at 05:19 PM.