10+ Year Old Account
    Alright, two things.

First is Craig's mock draft. Which is basically the exact way you should expect players to be taken.
    http://www.tsn.ca/button-s-post-worl...draft-1.418389

Second is that I noticed TSN 1050 has a Free Agency watch with a picture of Stammer.
    http://www.tsn.ca/radio/toronto-1050

- - - Updated - - -

I wouldn't have much of an issue with drafting Tkachuk. He is an American, but he has a lot of family in Winnipeg.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerdoz View Post
    For what?
    For what you said yourself.
    Also my shots at Finland was ofc abit too hard, but you get my point. I can't see how you are going to be able to win the entire thing with the defense you have.

But now that I have said that you will ofc go on and win it all and I have to eat my words xD
    I am still 100% behind my words that you had the worst defense out of the top 4 teams. And the worst goalkeeper. But then again showed that you have an amazing offense. I mean what did you end up on in PP? 45%? That is insanly good.
    The Finnish defense (as in defensemen) were just as good as any other top team. What was wrong with Finnish defense was how they defended as a team. Some of the forwards had issues with defending.

But Sweden were apparently fine with making to the semi's since we stopped playing completly against you and in the bronze game. If you watched any of our games in the group stages and the game against Finland you have to admit they looked like 2 different teams.
    Yes and that was because Finland outplayed them in the semis. Made Sweden look very weak - completely toothless. And that wasn't due to Finland having bad defense.

Finnish goalies were somewhat shit (compared to what we are used to have) in this tournament.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nazrark View Post
    I wouldn't have much of an issue with drafting Tkachuk. He is an American, but he has a lot of family in Winnipeg.
    Kinda forgot about Tkachuk, he might also very well end up before Puljujärvi and Laine.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    The Finnish defense (as in defensemen) were just as good as any other top team. What was wrong with Finnish defense was how they defended as a team. Some of the forwards had issues with defending.

Yes and that was because Finland outplayed them in the semis. Made Sweden look very weak - completely toothless. And that wasn't due to Finland having bad defense.

Finnish goalies were somewhat shit (compared to what we are used to have) in this tournament.
    I am not taking anything from Finland. They won the gold. But I still think that if we would have played as we did against Canada in the group stages we would have had way better chance of winning, I mean we werent even close to scoring. Our 1st and 2nd line was complete trash.

10+ Year Old Account
    Kings just traded for Lecavalier and defenseman Schenn and only have to pick up half of their remaining contract values. Essentially one-year rentals for both with Schenn at the end of his deal and Lecavalier about to retire.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nazrark View Post
    Alright, two things.

First is Craig's mock draft. Which is basically the exact way you should expect players to be taken.
    http://www.tsn.ca/button-s-post-worl...draft-1.418389

Second is that I noticed TSN 1050 has a Free Agency watch with a picture of Stammer.
    http://www.tsn.ca/radio/toronto-1050

- - - Updated - - -

Don't put it past the asshats that are Toronto media to think that Tampa Bay is letting Stamkos walk or they are willing to trade him. Though with Drouin also an issue, one must wonder if there is a bigger issue with the Lightning right now. Either way, if the trade deadline comes and they haven't signed Stamkos, they can bet their asses that the Leafs will do everything in their power to sign him and Tampa gets nothing as compensation as a UFA.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    Kings just traded for Lecavalier and defenseman Schenn and only have to pick up half of their remaining contract values. Essentially one-year rentals for both with Schenn at the end of his deal and Lecavalier about to retire.
    So it's official, the Leafs won the Schenn/JVR trade.

15+ Year Old Account
    Columbus traded Ryan Johansen to Nashville for Seth Jones. It's about time Columbus traded him....

- - - Updated - - -

This also seals the deal on Columbus drafting Matthews as number one.
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.

10+ Year Old Account
    This also seals the deal on Columbus drafting Matthews as number one.
    They gonna trade up for Edmonton's pick?

Thats a pretty big trade, sorry to see Jones go somewhere crummy I like that kid.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    They gonna trade up for Edmonton's pick?

Thats a pretty big trade, sorry to see Jones go somewhere crummy I like that kid.
    Isn't Columbus picking first?

Deleted
    Don't get that trade. Why would Nashville give up Jones? Sure they have Ekholm and Josi but after that it feels like their D's are pretty old.

EDIT: nvm. I thought Webber was alot older Looks like he is 35+ xD

10+ Year Old Account
    Isn't Columbus picking first?
    Nope, the last place team is guaranteed fourth. The top 3 slots are all lottery. This was to defeat Edmonton and them being #1 in the draft.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Bang bang, good trade for both teams on paper. If CBJ does indeed win the lotto, they have a helluva team brewing in the wings there. Jones, Werenski, Murray on D with Saad, Mathews on forward. I hope to god for the one Nashville fan in this threads sake that Johansen actually tries for the Preds. He looked like he had just mailed it in the other night.
    Last edited by Zeoni; 2016-01-07 at 04:48 AM.

I think a change of scenery will probably help Johansen's effort level. Its really hard to get your ass in gear for a coach that doesn't care for you and a team that is out of it and is basically knowingly looking to trade you. Not to mention, he has to walk in a locker room with Shea Weber, Mike Fisher, and Roman Josi. He might get a puck to the face if he half asses it.

- - - Updated - - -

Don't get that trade. Why would Nashville give up Jones? Sure they have Ekholm and Josi but after that it feels like their D's are pretty old.

EDIT: nvm. I thought Webber was alot older Looks like he is 35+ xD
    We have our top 4 signed long term, and other than Weber to insanely good contracts. Weber is the oldest at 30, the rest are all pretty young. Jones was basically expendable on this team, as crazy as it sounds. If we kept him, we would basically be hamstrung by spending way to much cap space on D.

Jones is a solid D man right now, but definitely no where close to Josi or Weber, so I hope Columbus isn't expecting him to be on that level for another couple of years.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think the reason why the Ducks suck this year is because of those godawful jerseys they are being forced to wear. Whoever designed them needs to be shot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    I think the reason why the Ducks suck this year is because of those godawful jerseys they are being forced to wear. Whoever designed them needs to be shot.
    What do you have against high visibility orange?
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Well good first game for RyJo, too bad the rest of the team was sucking ass ( including Weber and Josi).

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ovechkin scores his 499th goal today, if he scores a goal in the next 2 games he'll be top 5 quickest to 500. We're witnessing the greatest goal scorer of our current generation boys. I'm indifferent towards the Caps but man Ovie is sick.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeoni View Post
    Ovechkin scores his 499th goal today, if he scores a goal in the next 2 games he'll be top 5 quickest to 500. We're witnessing the greatest goal scorer of our current generation boys. I'm indifferent towards the Caps but man Ovie is sick.
    Ooooovie. Bow down to the greatness.

This is the Caps year boys. Best team in the Ovie era by far and now we're getting the Ranger monkey off our back(two wins in MSG already).

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FobManX View Post

This is the Caps year boys. Best team in the Ovie era by far and now we're getting the Ranger monkey off our back(two wins in MSG already).
    They're set up quite nice. Scoring depth, solid blue line, excellent goaltending. It's not just the OV show like in the past, they got guys like Kuz, Backstrom, Oshie, Williams, ect. Right now, I'd say they're one of the favourites out of the East but we'll see how things shape up come April.

Quote Originally Posted by FobManX View Post

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if you're the ECF, but winning in MSG in the regular season isn't the same as doing it in the playoffs.