Hey marcellos11, my friend bought a Datsyuk shirt today just to taunt me with it. He's a fan of hockey but doesn't really follow it and he knows it pisses me off.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by marcelos11 View Post
    so every Sabre fan owns that movie huh?
    still makes you +1 on San Jose and St Louis.

and vancouver, minn, columbus, fla, nashville, ott, winnipeg, wash and phx
    Last edited by Masqerader; 2012-02-25 at 01:47 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Minnesota finally traded Zidlicky to the Devils in what may have been the least secretive, most expected deal in awhile. Wild get a couple picks, a couple UFAs they will dump (who were ex-Wild they dumped before) and an RFA forward prospect. The Devils get a mediocre 35 year old defenseman with 1 year $4 million left on his contract. But hey, they are paying him with the NHLs money anyways since the owner is broke and the team is surviving right now on money loaned from the NHL and soon loan from a private financer. Good ownership is good. Can't wait to see the Devils get force sold to a new owner. The NHL had to kick and scream for three years to get the Yotes sold. How quick do you think the Devils will sell? If it takes more than a month I will be shocked with the massive media market.

---------- Post added 2012-02-25 at 09:39 AM ----------

No clue what to think of the Hemsky deal. He turned down more money on a longer contract and the chance to play for a team that doesn't suck. At the same time though Edmonton just gave a guy who can't play more than 50 games per year $5 million per year for two years. Hes missed 108 games over the last three seasons. Their argument seems to be that they signed him for that much because that is what it would cost to get a comparable player on the market. But hey, seems like a good idea to effectively pay the guy $8 million per82 games played unless he can actually not get hurt. Not like they don't have boatloads of money to throw around seeing a their entire team is young guys because they suck year after year and can draft great prospects.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Greeney View Post
    Lombardi I really don't know if I'd want to lose. He's been playing bad, but he seems to get at least one break away every game. If they can train him properly, he could get a whole lot of goals. As for Connolly, at least he's been playing very well saving our penalty kill; it's not good enough, but he's not doing any worse than Kulemin and I really don't want to go back to a penalty guaranteeing the opponent a goal. Komisarek needs to go and Kadri still feels like a bust.

All around the team isn't good enough to be a serious contender though. There's not enough battling for the puck, puck control & handling, crowding the net, shot blocking (few exceptions), and goaltending confidence to name a few.
    Lombardi has the worst Plus/Minus on the team with a -10, followed by Steckel at -9. The Leafs lack of scoring from all of the lines right now is what's hurting them badly, and it's not like our first and second lines haven't been trying, but the 3rd line is non existent with Connolly and Lombardi while Crabb is working his ass off trying to make the plays. Lombardi has 13 points in 43 games, which is horrid for a 3rd line player, that whole line should be combining for 60 points by now. This month has been shit for the Leafs, if we can steal wins from Washington and Florida tonight and Tuesday, we are right back in it again. Some trades need to be made and getting rid of Lombardi and Connolly will help this team. Since Boyce is going to the minors, that means Armstrong is going to play and he is as much of a presence on the ice as he is in the locker room.
    Last edited by Rennadrel; 2012-02-25 at 03:54 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    that is why they're 3rd and 4th liners... crabb has dried up since his hot streak during the call up. the line doesn't get much ice time.. to assume they are a 60 point line sadly isn't the case. in any case. i would much rather see colborne, kardi and frattin up though.

15+ Year Old Account

10+ Year Old Account

15+ Year Old Account
    The Rangers traded Wojtek Wolski to Florida for a bag of pucks and two unsharpened skate blades to clear cap space. That frees up another $3.8 million in cap space going forward and puts them at $10 million or so under cap right now at the deadline. So, prepare yourselves for Rick Nash, New York Ranger. Good lord that team is going to be incredibly scary in the playoffs.

Sather gets a lot of shit, and deservedly so with some past contracts, but the Rangers are freaking loaded for the next couple years and have a tremendous amount of talent second to pretty much none in the NHL. Prust, Del Zotto, and Biron are their only important players not under contract next year. If they get Nash they are going to be really, really good.
    Last edited by conscript; 2012-02-25 at 08:02 PM.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    How long before Stamkos asks for a trade to Toronto?

Well they're going to have to give up Del Zotto or McDonagh for Nash (along with a couple prospects and a 1st rounder, likely), which is going to sting... 2 under-23 D-men both logging 22-25 mins a game on average... trying to measure the upside on guys that young is always tough.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    How long before Stamkos asks for a trade to anywhere that's basically not Tampa?
    Fixed that for you.

Was nice to see how the Bolts got utterly annihilated. I mean, seriously, 8-1? Holy shit. In addition to that, the stuff Fleury pulled off was freaking amazing...

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Good job giving the Jets at least a point St Louis.

Blues win in a shootout.
    Last edited by Rennadrel; 2012-02-25 at 09:50 PM.

Big 2 points in Winnipeg after we gave up 40 shots. They deserved to win, Halak bailed us out. Got to love the Halakness Monster.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bluesfan18 View Post
    Thanks, had to change it since Garbles copied me
    Im just tryin to run you outta town.

Also... i got a BROKEN bobble head for being on of the first 10,000 to the Hawks game on Thursday, never doing that again...
    Last edited by Garbles; 2012-02-25 at 11:28 PM.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Kevin Weekes is such a Senators homer. One of my relatives was playing a gig in Ottawa last night and the HNIC crew were there. Weekes effectively said that Toronto has no chance of making the playoffs.

15+ Year Old Account
    Big 2 points in Winnipeg after we gave up 40 shots. They deserved to win, Halak bailed us out. Got to love the Halakness Monster.
    That is the first time I have heard that nickname. Love it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Garbles View Post
    Im just tryin to run you outta town.

Also... i got a BROKEN bobble head for being on of the first 10,000 to the Hawks game on Thursday, never doing that again...
    Good thing you aren't a Phoenix fan. When they do those first 10,000 fan promotions you can show up in the third period and still get an item in the six thousands.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    Good thing you aren't a Phoenix fan. When they do those first 10,000 fan promotions you can show up in the third period and still get an item in the six thousands.
    Ya I got there an hour before the game started... I was probably one of the last ones.

Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    I'm pretty sure they came up with it during his playoff run with the Habs 2 years ago.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    What the fuck? Reimer, are you sleeping in your net?

15+ Year Old Account
    This side of an imaginary line in the sand
    I'm pretty sure they came up with it during his playoff run with the Habs 2 years ago.
    Me and a friend came up with the nickname "Haxlak" during the 2010 playoffs.

Also, LETS GO CAPS!!! <3
    red panda red panda red panda!