Hey, when the Greater Calgary Area is bigger than every other province and territory save one, makes up nearly 1/6 of the country's entire population, and realizes like the rest of us that the CFL doesn't matter, you can have some NHL.com coverage.

Well played Leafs camera guy
    I remember it all too well

In other news Connoly nearly half-blinds Franson in practice. O_o

8 In row for Penguins. Crosby back can you say Stanley Cup?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Knails View Post
    That'll DO-YA! Hawks Win! Hawks Win! God damn what a terrific game that was!

4-3 Final
    My 5-4 predition almost went home! What a good game indeed.*
    Now it's time to beat up those LA "Kings"*

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VanillaO View Post
    Hey, when the Greater Calgary Area is bigger than every other province and territory save one, makes up nearly 1/6 of the country's entire population, and realizes like the rest of us that the CFL doesn't matter, you can have some NHL.com coverage.
    Really? That's like me saying "Hey, when the Toronto area pumps out the majority of oil that will ever be used in Canada they can get sports coverage". You do realize TSN is the only station that covers CFL exclusively during its seasons right? You do know they had a special on the TORONTO Argonauts, right? Why would you even bring up a joke football league in a hockey forum anyways? You can't ignore the fact that the majority of NHL.com coverage is from the East. You also can't ignore that the quality of teams in the East is very inferior to the West. All I'm asking for is for them to actually cover teams that are interesting. Both playoff races are awesome, nobody cares that Crosby is going to maybe perhaps hopefully play this weekend except Penguin fans. It's def. a lost cause for me to argue when the 2nd response from anyone is "CALGARY ISN'T AS BIG SO U DONT GET COVERED SRY CFL HURR".

enjoy 12th

Quote Originally Posted by Zeoni View Post
    Really? That's like me saying "Hey, when the Toronto area pumps out the majority of oil that will ever be used in Canada they can get sports coverage". You do realize TSN is the only station that covers CFL exclusively during its seasons right? You do know they had a special on the TORONTO Argonauts, right? Why would you even bring up a joke football league in a hockey forum anyways? You can't ignore the fact that the majority of NHL.com coverage is from the East. You also can't ignore that the quality of teams in the East is very inferior to the West. All I'm asking for is for them to actually cover teams that are interesting. Both playoff races are awesome, nobody cares that Crosby is going to maybe perhaps hopefully play this weekend except Penguin fans. It's def. a lost cause for me to argue when the 2nd response from anyone is "CALGARY ISN'T AS BIG SO U DONT GET COVERED SRY CFL HURR".

enjoy 12th
    I guess as a Preds fan I've gotten used to it over the years, I'm was actually surprised they even mentioned us even on trade day lol. In fact I'm more surprised that we are even brought up at all for anything.

One of the best goalies in the league
    What is arguably the best defensive pairing in the leaugue
    Top PP in the leauge ( unless we slipped in the last game or so, OT at work is getting me behind)
    A coach who for some reason I can't figure out still hasn't won the Jack Adams
    And if we were in any division other than the Central we would probably be winning it or real damn close. I mean seriously, 85 points and we are 3rd in the division jesus.

Its kinda sad that at this point we aren't just building a team to win the Stanley Cup, heck we are having to build it just not to be dead last in the division lol. I'm not real sure how it happened, but the Central is bloated like crazy atm.

BTW I just now found this thread which is why I just now started posting, but I knew ST. Louis was gonna be decent, just not sitting at the top of the division decent. They would have been in the playoffs last year if it wasn't because of a slew of injuries, so I'm not shocked by it really.

I think the Western Conference Playoffs are gonna be crazy, and TBH I wouldn't be shocked if any of the top 6 teams go all the way. 7 and 8 would surprise me, a bit, but not even sure I would be shocked by them. I'll say this though, if you advance past the first round in the West you are definately gonna earn it, I wouldn't really wanna play any of the top 6 right now.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by camelhoarder View Post
    8 In row for Penguins. Crosby back can you say Stanley Cup?
    You mean Mr Glass is going to whore up more media time? I can't wait till he gets rocked with one good clean check and it ends his career.

Going to add a class on 'understanding sarcastic jokes in text' to the Alberta education plan. *We'll fit it in right between 'oil drilling' and 'how to host a very big rodeo' (hint: lesson one)

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    You mean Mr Glass is going to whore up more media time? I can't wait till he gets rocked with one good clean check and it ends his career.
    KRONWALLED! nah i wouldn't wish that on anyone. even if it is Mr Glass.

---------- Post added 2012-03-10 at 10:27 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Xevan View Post
    Well played Leafs camera guy
    those camera guys...man...what a tease.

10+ Year Old Account

enjoy 12th
    Of all the teams in the league that can make fun of Toronto, Calgary isn't one of them. The garbage team that is bandaged together every year so you can make a run at 8th place.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Irony View Post
    Of all the teams in the league that can make fun of Toronto, Calgary isn't one of them. The garbage team that is bandaged together every year so you can make a run at 8th place.
    i can't really make fun of Toronto either, Detroit normally loses to them.
    damn leafs.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yup, and that was the same philosophy in the Leafs organization for many years prior to the lockout, however at least that philosophy went out the window when JFJ was finally fired. But right now there is so much bitching and whining about the Leafs not making the playoffs, acting like when Burke said at the start of this season and last that "our goal is to make the playoffs and I think this is a playoff team", equates to "we are going to make the playoffs". Every team's goal is to make the playoffs, yet the Toronto media tries to find some way of making stories out of nothing. People seem to think the Leafs are worse off this year then they were last year but I don't think that's the case. Lack of experience in net is what is costing us games, as well as some really shitty defence during this slide. I think they are a better team this year because they are more experienced then last, but the lack of effort from some guys on the ice night in and night out is also a real bother. Not to mention our defence pairings have been stupid all season. Why would you put an offensive D man like Gardiner who can skate with a guy like Schenn who can't skate? Also, the East is a much better conference this year then it was last year from top to bottom, the only teams that are really shitting the bed and playing horribly are the Habs and Islanders, you have 13 teams gunning for a playoff spot.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Really? Thats pretty greasy.

10+ Year Old Account
    go to nhl.com
    see he who must not be named on the front page
    leave
    damn that guy....

10+ Year Old Account
    11 games going on tonight, and that's the top story. Man it's not like playoff races are heating up.

15+ Year Old Account
    11 games going on tonight, and that's the top story. Man it's not like playoff races are heating up.
    wait, the playoffs are soon?

---------- Post added 2012-03-10 at 02:06 PM ----------

in other news. if i had a dollar for every time captain glass for brains had an article written about him, i could retire today. in style.

wait, this isn't news to anyone?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by marcelos11 View Post
    wait, this isn't news to anyone?
    nah we already saw it on nhl.com

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Washington looks like they'll grab that 4 point lead over the Jets.
    Last edited by Zeoni; 2012-03-10 at 08:22 PM.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Washington looks like they'll grab that 4 point lead over the Jets.
    lol they have back to backs this weekend, and tomorrow it's a date with the Leafs. Boston though, is playing like absolute balls lately, nearly dropped a win against the Leafs this week and lost to Washington of all teams. If Toronto wins tonight, you can be sure they will be all fired up going into Washington tomorrow night.