Quote Originally Posted by Zoma View Post
    We still remember you calling that hit from the World Juniors dirty while the rest of us thought it looked completely clean. We're watching you.
    That was dirty though (:

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Effing refs man, some really weak non existent penalties against the Leafs in the first period.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Every GM who didn't offer sheet P.K. Subban probably feels like an idiot right now. Leads defensemen in points by 4 despite missing that small portion at the beginning of the season. How did no one want to jump on that train?

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeoni View Post
    Every GM who didn't offer sheet P.K. Subban probably feels like an idiot right now. Leads defensemen in points by 4 despite missing that small portion at the beginning of the season. How did no one want to jump on that train?
    Probably because throwing an offer sheet at a player makes you look like a douche as a GM. We all know how well the O'Reilly offer sheet scenario worked out with Calgary right?

Also, whoever the fucking fuck of a Devils fan that has the vuvuzela needs to have the fucking thing shoved into their asshole! All I hear is HONK! HONK! HONK!
    Last edited by Rennadrel; 2013-04-07 at 12:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Also, whoever the fucking fuck of a Devils fan that has the vuvuzela needs to have the fucking thing shoved into their asshole! All I hear is HONK! HONK! HONK!
    It's Jersey. Don't their girls just make that sound naturally?

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Probably because throwing an offer sheet at a player makes you look like a douche as a GM. We all know how well the O'Reilly offer sheet scenario worked out with Calgary right?

You're right, not having the top scoring defenseman in the league who is super young but keeping your image is so much better. I don't see how offer sheets make you look bad, players holding out or teams not giving them the money they deserve seems a bit worse to me. Tell me how the ROR offer sheet situation panned out? No, I'm here waiting for you to tell me how it negatively impacted our team. We didn't get fucked over, did we? We could have lost the player plus our picks...but..we..didn't? So what the fuck does it matter now? Feaster made an ignorant mistake but at the end of the day it didn't backfire on us. Colorado ended up resigning the player for the price he wanted and the Av's ended up paying more than they wanted to. It's a win/win situation barring bonehead research on the matter. How do you NOT offer sheet Subban especially when your team lacks a top 4 defenseman (cough Detroit, Philly, ect) especially with the money they were supposedly putting on the table.

Who the fuck cares about looking like a douche when you have a job to do anyways? Really dude?

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Subban is only the top scoring D man because Karlsson is out. Otherwise, it would be no contest who the better player is. And I don't think being a point producer is all that makes one a good defenseman. Subban has done everything to warrant being a Norris candidate this year though, there is no denying that. He isn't worth giving up a shit ton just yet though, in a few years when he gets a contract renewal he will be getting paid like an elite defenseman. Most of the teams who would have wanted him, would have had to pay a shit ton on his contract.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I would assume it would be similar to what Wideman or Carle got paid though. He's almost going at a point per game pace right now and is 3rd in points on the team despite playing 5-6 less games than the majority of the roster. Points aren't everything no, but when you can get a guy like this on your team I don't see a reason to not at least try and see if you could get him.

these trades for the sharks have been working out great so far. yet i still don't see this year being their year, but it's a start.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinoashi View Post
    these trades for the sharks have been working out great so far. yet i still don't see this year being their year, but it's a start.
    It will never be the Sharks year. I predict the Leafs will win the Cup before San Jose does :P

10+ Year Old Account
    If you offer sheet a player you want to have a contract offer that works for your team but not for the player's previous team, apparently nobody was able to do that, any other offer sheet is just hastening the re-signing of the player when the old team matches

it isn't complicated

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    If you offer sheet a player you want to have a contract offer that works for your team but not for the player's previous team, apparently nobody was able to do that, any other offer sheet is just hastening the re-signing of the player when the old team matches

it isn't complicated
    Didn't say it was complicated I just don't understand why no one did it. They were lowballing him and he ended up signing for dirt. A team from the west like Detroit could have dropped an offer sheet on him for double the $ and double the years and even if Montreal matches, it hardly effects them at all considering they woulden't play each other till the finals if ever. And they would most likely have the deal locked up before the end of the season anyways. I guess it's a lot easier for me to armchair GM now that he is playing amazing. He's definitely been better than guys who signed way bigger contracts and he sure as hell is way bigger bang for your buck than other big name contracts like the one Ryan Suter signed.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    That is because he is on a transition contract. He wasn't worth 6 million at the start of the season, but if he plays consistently for the next few years he will get at least that much. People and GM's need to both remember that players have to earn their contracts, those who kneejerk and sign guys to big money and big term are setting themselves up for a let down when the player doesn't repeat after having a good year going into a new contract.

I honestly didn't think Subban proved himself prior to this season. When this contract ends, if he plays well next year, he'll have definitely proved me wrong and deserved it. However, I thought his attitude was too cocky last year and nobody on the worst team in a conference one year deserves a superstar quality contract the next IMO.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ouch Detroit should have had a 5 on 3 and then they give up a shitty goal immediately following the initial penalty.
    Last edited by Stommped; 2013-04-07 at 06:07 PM.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    God I fucking love the throwback jersey's for the Winter Classic next year. I seriously would love to have both the Leafs and Red Wings jersey's.

10+ Year Old Account
    there are some rumors about potentially doing the outdoor game in LA at Dodger Stadium, I like this idea, I haven't had much cause to care about the winter classic up until now, this would certainly change that

10+ Year Old Account
    there are some rumors about potentially doing the outdoor game in LA at Dodger Stadium, I like this idea, I haven't had much cause to care about the winter classic up until now, this would certainly change that
    Does it get cold enough to maintain ice outside in LA? Whenever I have been there, it was always warm, even in Winter.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Except it is never cold enough to maintain an outdoor rink in LA. You need an average outdoor temperature of about -5 Celsius during the day in order to keep the ice frozen properly. In the winter it's not really cold enough in California unless you go up into the mountains.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stommped View Post
    Ouch Detroit should have had a 5 on 3 and then they give up a shitty goal immediately following the initial penalty.
    saint louis got away with crap all over that game, including at the end when the scrum with zetterberg made it 4 on 4 and it shuold have been 4 on 3 (the saint louis player was holding the stick and roughing zetterberg, only got 1 penalty).