Quote Originally Posted by kilj View Post
    I love how everyone always references the pilly 3-0 thats all people can ever reference too... for the billionth time
    It happens so rarely that people aren't going to just forget about it, just like I'm sure you haven't let Yankee fans forget about when the Sox came back from 3-0 in the ALCS

And I write that assuming you are a Boston sports fan in general, not just a Bruins fan, so apologies otherwise
    Last edited by Rylon; 2013-06-04 at 06:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stommped View Post
    Very cocky you are. Destroy Chicago?

Least you forget you were down 3 goals with 10 minutes to go in game 7 against Toronto? Or perhaps you have forgotten the 3-0 series lead you had on Philly 3 years back? Momentum can switch very quickly in a hockey series.

Edit: I really like that capgeek site. I wished it worked for all sports.
    You realize in the 3-0 lead the bruins had on philly two things happened...David Krecji got hurt and taken out of the series and all of philly's firepower came back healthy pretty much in game 4.

If you dont think Krecji had any effect on that series...just look at the last four years(including this post season run so far) Krecji goes out against philly in 2010 they lose the series, in 2011 Krecji is the highest scorer of the playoffs and the Bruins win the cup, 2012 a pane of glass falls on his head and he's not the same during the capitols series, 2013 Krejci is the leading scorer in the playoffs again...Yea he has THAT kind of impact on the bruins when it comes time to play in May/June. However I don't think the B's would destroy Chicago...they are playing like they can beat anybody lately but Chicago would be the toughest opponent for them to overcome. Assuming the Bruins win(cause it's still possible they lose, although the pens look absolutely lost/checked out) I am rooting for LA only because Chicago would be such a tough series.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think David Krecji is one of the most underrated players in the NHL personally.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by valliant13 View Post
    You realize in the 3-0 lead the bruins had on philly two things happened...David Krecji got hurt and taken out of the series and all of philly's firepower came back healthy pretty much in game 4.
    My overall point still holds true, hockey is the least predictable sport of the major 4, which is what makes the playoffs so entertaining. With all the success the Pens have had this year would you really be surprised if they won games 3 and 4 in Boston? Because I sure wouldn't. Obviously the momentum/confidence/home ice/goaltending all greatly favor Boston but it's very unlikely that the Pens will be held to 1 goal in the 2 games in Boston like they were in the 2 games in Pittsburgh.

My overall point still holds true, hockey is the least predictable sport of the major 4, which is what makes the playoffs so entertaining. With all the success the Pens have had this year would you really be surprised if they won games 3 and 4 in Boston? Because I sure wouldn't. Obviously the momentum/confidence/home ice/goaltending all greatly favor Boston but it's very unlikely that the Pens will be held to 1 goal in the 2 games in Boston like they were in the 2 games in Pittsburgh.
    I get the point of the unpredictability of the sport(it's personally why no sports playoff system comes close to the NHL playoffs, including the NFL's with a winner takes all type deal on a weekly basis of the six best teams). However you can't just say well the Bruin's are prime examples of choking due to that series. There were TOO many variables in that series that came into effect that caused the outcome(however Losing 4-3 in game 7, after leading 3-0 is the IDEAL sense of choking)

Quote Originally Posted by valliant13 View Post
    I get the point of the unpredictability of the sport(it's personally why no sports playoff system comes close to the NHL playoffs, including the NFL's with a winner takes all type deal on a weekly basis of the six best teams). However you can't just say well the Bruin's are prime examples of choking due to that series. There were TOO many variables in that series that came into effect that caused the outcome(however Losing 4-3 in game 7, after leading 3-0 is the IDEAL sense of choking)
    I wouldn't say they are a prime example of choking (I think your example of blowing a 3-0 lead in a game better defines a "choke"), but they are the most recent example in the NHL of a team who couldn't get one win in four games and blew a series, which, from a statistical perspective, is a rare occurrence. So regardless of the variables behind that collapse (or whatever it should be called), it's still the most recent example of a team being up 3-0 and having the series fall apart, and will be the one that people easily fall back to when describing the unpredictability of the playoffs.

Meh I think the Pens are probably done, not because they lost the first two and couldn't win two in Boston, but because Boston has already gotten to them mentally. They have always seemed like a team that gets frustrated easily and once you get to them they just lose all focus and blow up.

As far as LA-Chicago goes, game 3 will be huge in deciding what happens. If LA wins they continue the home win streak and its a series, if Chicago wins, I think its all but over. LA is a team thats won as much on confidence and heart as skill, and if they finally get beat at home they may lose both of those.

Even though I hate seeing Vokoun get pulled, I enjoyed seeing Boston put 6 on the Pens.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Who do you start in game 3? They both gave up 3 and that last one on MAF was pretty disgusting. No traffic in front of the net and got beat from behind the circle.

Who do you start in game 3? They both gave up 3 and that last one on MAF was pretty disgusting. No traffic in front of the net and got beat from behind the circle.
    Vokoun; He was decent in game 1, the scoring chances he gave up were for the most part solid chances, and he stole plenty of games in the playoffs this year . Fleury has been awful just about every game he played and wouldn't have stopped anything Vokoun let in. Vokoun's also played more recently which is usually better for goaltenders.

Ugh, Thiessen? Hartzell? I say we give the rookie a shot.

Honestly I have no idea, and if the rest of the team doesn't settle down it doesn't matter who we start. I imagine it'll be Fleury. Partially in an attempt to light a spark under the team, partially because I think Vokoun's semi-hot streak is over, but mostly because Vokoun wasn't supposed to be the answer for the number one goaltender. I think this is going to be Fluery's last shot. If he cannot do what he's payed to do (and it's shaping up to be the case) then this is last chance to prove he shouldn't be bought out.
    Last edited by Rylon; 2013-06-04 at 09:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rylon View Post
    Ugh, Thiessen? Hartzell? I say we give the rookie a shot.

Honestly I have no idea, and if the rest of the team doesn't settle down it doesn't matter who we start. I imagine it'll be Fleury. Partially in an attempt to light a spark under the team, partially because I think Vokoun's semi-hot streak is over, but mostly because Vokoun wasn't supposed to be the answer for the number one goaltender. I think this is going to be Fluery's last shot. If he cannot do what he's payed to do (and it's shaping up to be the case) then this is last chance to prove he shouldn't be bought out.
    I think they should stay with vokoun personally. I a B's fan, but fluery has let in a lot of softer goals all post season that he has played. The first shot fleury saw was a goal and it was a great shot, but should have been a save. I think if fluery would basically be a death sentence for pittsburg in this series.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you guys missed the game last night this pic pretty much sums it up.

10+ Year Old Account
    So theres this lady who has been taking her dog over to Patrick Sharps house so it can take a dump in his yard. She says its good luck, not sure how. Sharp said hes aware and its fine with him as long as it gets picked up lol...

Quote Originally Posted by Garbles View Post
    So theres this lady who has been taking her dog over to Patrick Sharps house so it can take a dump in his yard. She says its good luck, not sure how. Sharp said hes aware and its fine with him as long as it gets picked up lol...
    Haha, whatever works. If the superstition is successful, you ride it as long as you can. Which reminds me, it may be time to switch up my beer of choice for game 3

10+ Year Old Account
    does Vokoun have a pulse? then Vokoun

Streit refusing to resign with Islanders; Guessing Tavares will become Captain in the near future. It'll be interesting to see who Streit signs with though.
    Also seems like visors will be grandfathered in; Rookies to be hating Marc Staal for years to come, but at least a few of them won't go blind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Greeney View Post
    Streit refusing to resign with Islanders; Guessing Tavares will become Captain in the near future. It'll be interesting to see who Streit signs with though.
    Also seems like visors will be grandfathered in; Rookies to be hating Marc Staal for years to come, but at least a few of them won't go blind.
    I found it a bit funny that the rest of the Staal brothers started wearing visors after that. I just had this conversation running through my head where the mother called up each of her sons and said "WEAR A VISOR!"

Really thought Saad was going to get a bad deflection goal off of Quick's foot there, not sure why, maybe because before the game they showed a bunch of bad goals scored on goalies who weren't paying attention.

---------- Post added 2013-06-04 at 11:07 PM ----------

Refs should have blown the whistle when Hawks got control. Guy could barely get to the bench.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not surprised, L.A. is a much better team at home for some reason. They actually played hard tonight.

10+ Year Old Account
    Saad came close to getting one later on, phew, at least worst-case scenario now the Kings can't join the Canucks in sweepsville

this series is going about how I expected, hard to believe anything other than another 7 gamer unless Quick scuffles again or the Kings get super lucky in game 5

also, Voynov scored his 4th game winning goal and is tied with Carter for the team lead in scoring
    Last edited by draynay; 2013-06-05 at 03:56 AM.