10+ Year Old Account
    Man this Jets team is scary. Put up over 50 shots in a game. Chased out Condon and Anderson comes in and plays one hell of a game. Easily could have been the Montreal-Detroit game that was 10-1. Except it might have been 13-0 for the Jets.

Quote Originally Posted by Nazrark View Post
    Man this Jets team is scary. Put up over 50 shots in a game. Chased out Condon and Anderson comes in and plays one hell of a game. Easily could have been the Montreal-Detroit game that was 10-1. Except it might have been 13-0 for the Jets.
    They are good, but I still think the goaltending sputters at some point and they come back down to earth a bit. Seen one too many teams ( including my own ) get hot early in the season and then fall face first at the end.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Armourboy View Post
    They are good, but I still think the goaltending sputters at some point and they come back down to earth a bit. Seen one too many teams ( including my own ) get hot early in the season and then fall face first at the end.
    Goaltending is where I hope to god it remains like this all season. Mason is out and we have Comrie backing us up.

Quote Originally Posted by Nazrark View Post
    Goaltending is where I hope to god it remains like this all season. Mason is out and we have Comrie backing us up.
    If they haven't done it for a full season yet then I wouldn't hold my breath. Just about every NHL goalie goes through a not so great stretch during the season, the question is how long does it last and do they get the mojo back.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Don't think I've seen the Flames play a better game this season yet and still lose. Freddy Andersen just wasn't gonna lose tonight.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeoni View Post
    Don't think I've seen the Flames play a better game this season yet and still lose. Freddy Andersen just wasn't gonna lose tonight.
    I hope they suspend Tkachuk for that spear from the bench. Oh, and continually trying to run over our goalie. God damn refs need to start calling that more often.

Can't comment on this game in particular bc I couldn't watch it, but it's amazing to me that goalie interference penalties are always called on us but never for us. Like I fucking remember years ago some senators player actually sitting on our fucking goalie and the goal was allowed, next game a penguins player tosses Bozak into their goalie and a goal is waived off. I know some team bias is involved but if we kept track of fair goalie interference calls against the Leafs, I bet the refs would be somewhere around -96 since 2013.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Whelp, Tkachuk is going to have a hearing for spearing Matt Martin from the bench. Odds are he gets a couple of games. He behaves a lot like Kadri did a few years ago, he needs to learn to play on the edge without being a punk, like Marchand does.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    His role model is Corey Perry but he is not as good of a pest as him yet. Perry does all that shit but doesn't get caught. Still love Tkachuk though, he draws more penalties than he takes. Just needs to clean it up a bit. That spear wasn't as bad as most of them, Martin didn't even know he did it until post game. Stupid move though, right in plain sight. How about that overtime though, holy fuck that was intense. Glad we finally showed up and took it to another good team for once, Calgary deserved to win that game but thats the way she goes.

10+ Year Old Account
    I saw the Kings traded for Subban and I did a double-take, oh, the youngest brother. Nice move for him though, the Kings have a good history of developing defensemen, maybe he makes the team in a year.

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I saw the Kings traded for Subban and I did a double-take, oh, the youngest brother. Nice move for him though, the Kings have a good history of developing defensemen, maybe he makes the team in a year.
    Meanwhile the other two brothers are playing against one another tonight

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yesterday was a good day for Toronto sports fans. MLS Championship? Check. Leafs win vs last year's NHL champions? Check.

But holy fucking back to back's Batman! Wed/Thursday this coming week the Leafs have a home and then road back to back, then a back to back the week after, and another one around the holidays. Basically after last night, the Leafs play 11 games in 20 days and 13 for the whole month. And it's not like we haven't played 2 or 3 more games than other teams in the league

Just looked at the standings though, holy fuck the Yotes have to be at the worst point in their history. Honestly, the league needs to move that franchise and get a management team that understands what it takes to win. Even great GM's and coaches couldn't fix that awful disaster overnight.

Well that was a fun back to back games. Outscored Vancouver and Edmonton 12-1, and thank you Ottawa for making that trade.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Armourboy View Post
    Well that was a fun back to back games. Outscored Vancouver and Edmonton 12-1, and thank you Ottawa for making that trade.
    Hey man, a sucker is born every minute!

3-0 through Western Canada with a combined score of 13-1 with two shootouts. Some luck involved but we've been on a hell of a run.

15+ Year Old Account
    I wonder when the name of the thread gets updated....
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    I wonder when the name of the thread gets updated....
    Hah I didn't even notice rofl

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Whelp, Carolina got thoroughly throttled this afternoon. RIP

Rinne with one of very few not so great performances of the season and still almost managed to win that thing. Can't win them all.

Well that's two in a row, 4 goals on 6 shots .333% sv. Brutal