Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Imo, your best player should be your captain. And that's Boeser. Same reason Matthews will likely be captain of the Leafs next year. Leaders lead by example.
    Kane always has been better than Toews. Marchand is better than Chara. Brown wasn't even a top tier player in LA when they won the cup. Cbj, nj, win all doing fine without best players as captains. Only team with the best player as captain that won the cup since 2008 was Pittsburgh. Doesn't need to be the best player but seems the league is moving back to that more and more lately.

Matthews without a doubt should be our captain for every reason though.

Yeah but Marchand is a scum bag who shouldn't even be in the league. $5k fine, that'll teach him!

10+ Year Old Account
    Captaincy should go to the player who commands the most respect in the room. It is their job to set the tone of the game and what will and will not be tolerated. If you have a young guy who a lot more mature than others for his age. Go ahead and give it to him. But giving a young guy the Captaincy isn't the best thing all the time.

Fisher wasn't the best player on the team but was the best man for the job last season.

Oh and glad to see the NHL is still picking winners and losers, flat out stole at least one point on an horrible goalie interference from Toronto. Even the freaking Florida announcers thought it was good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Armourboy View Post
    Fisher wasn't the best player on the team but was the best man for the job last season.

Oh and glad to see the NHL is still picking winners and losers, flat out stole at least one point on an horrible goalie interference from Toronto. Even the freaking Florida announcers thought it was good.
    I think that's the way things are going to be trending now that they're phoning those calls to Toronto - could get interesting in the playoffs. Intent to blow it down doesn't matter so much now that Hockey Ops can just override it and say play should have been dead.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

I just want them to be consistent. We had one the other night that had way more contact but was deemed ok.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Pacific playoff teams are set, if things hold as they are it will be LA vs Vegas in round 1, which sounds like fun, too early on for a real rivalry, this would be a chance to build one. I already intensely hate the Sharks and Ducks, lets add another!

10+ Year Old Account
    https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/...uver-farewell/

There couldn't have been a more perfect ending to this game - Daniel and Henrik combine for the OT winner.

It looked like 2011 again tonight, and I'm man enough to admit that there were tears at the end.

So grateful to have been able to cheer for these two fantastic Canucks for their whole careers.
    Last edited by jackofwind; 2018-04-06 at 05:17 AM.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Sabres have clinched last place. 3 weeks to see if we get that 18.5% chance to score Rasmus Dahlin.

Preds win the Central, Western Conference and the President's Trophy. I really never thought I would see the day.

Looks like we end up with either the Avs or Blues

10+ Year Old Account
    Preds win the Central, Western Conference and the President's Trophy. I really never thought I would see the day.

Looks like we end up with either the Avs or Blues
    Yea, we're gonna get that exciting Avs vs. Blues one game playoff.

Heart goes out to all of those affected by the Humboldt Broncos accident. That's just tragic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Heart goes out to all of those affected by the Humboldt Broncos accident. That's just tragic.
    What a horrible day for hockey. Jonathon Pitre died and now this accident. I spent a solid 10 minutes crying. Too many people losing their lives. I believe it hurts more being a parent.

10+ Year Old Account
    I heard "multiple fatalities" yesterday and was just hoping it would only be two or three, and then today I see fourteen and my heart just sank.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    To us Canadians, losing kids in an accident is as much a tragedy as those who are victims of gun crimes in the USA. Pretty much preventable, but until the investigation is concluded, it's hard to determine who was at fault and if weather played a part in it. When I saw what the totals were this morning, that was like a knife to the chest.

10+ Year Old Account
    In some happier news, the AVs did it, won their "one game playoff" and went from 48 points last year to 95 and a playoff spot this year.

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    In some happier news, the AVs did it, won their "one game playoff" and went from 48 points last year to 95 and a playoff spot this year.
    Bad thing for them is I think the injuries are just too much unless Bernier turns into God.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Good god I am too excited for the inevitable Nashville - Winnipeg series. Spiciest matchup in the playoffs imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Who is starting up our bracket? I am ready to gloriously beat @Toxigen this year.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Here we go!

BRACKET CHALLENGE