15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    he'd be better off trading for Bernier, who I'd prefer since he is both younger and has more potential for post season success then a guy who is 36 and chokes as badly as the team in front of him.
    God ain't that the truth. I'd so much rather see the Leafs chase a young guy with potential than Lou with his massive contract.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hudler is injured, heard he was doing decently well in the KHL before it. But that's not saying much since the KHL is a joke considering the best they had was Radulov and he turned out to be a monster in the NHL right (heuh). If he can put up at least 20 goals I'll be pleased - 4 mil is steep but this team sucks so much dick that we need anything we can get our hands out. Unfortunately we don't exactly have any assets many teams want. Fuck it though, we got our game back. Thanks billionaires!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeoni View Post
    Hudler is injured, heard he was doing decently well in the KHL before it. But that's not saying much since the KHL is a joke considering the best they had was Radulov and he turned out to be a monster in the NHL right (heuh). If he can put up at least 20 goals I'll be pleased - 4 mil is steep but this team sucks so much dick that we need anything we can get our hands out. Unfortunately we don't exactly have any assets many teams want. Fuck it though, we got our game back. Thanks billionaires!
    Enjoy being 9th or 10th in the West again this year. Calgary, never good enough to matter (except the one year they lost to TAMPA in the Finals), never bad enough to get a good pick.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Good one, got me good there man! Fuckin' don't bring up 04' they had some Russian in net who was an absolute wall. Not to mention game 6 controversy. On the plus, hey if there's a lottery we have a shot at Seth Jones! JK "As the 2013 #1 overall selection, the Edmonton Oilers select Seth Jones". Also just heard on the radio (not confirmed at all) but they mentioned something about NHL Center Ice being free for this little half season we're getting. I'd be quite happy with that.
    Last edited by Zeoni; 2013-01-06 at 10:04 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lol... As if Edmonton would draft a d-man.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

10+ Year Old Account

2013 Season is a go! This is the year the Leafs go all the way! We have fans IN FUCKING SPACE!

GO LEAFS GO!

Quote Originally Posted by Atrea View Post
    We have fans IN FUCKING SPACE!
    You have to be either 'in f$%king SPACE' or on something to make you think you're there to like the Leafs. How's Brain "Can't Sign/Draft A Good Goalie For My Life" Burke treating ya?

Oh, and, wooooo hockey's back. Now I can wear hockey jerseys and not be looked at like I have three heads!

Wait, I'm a Sens fan deep in the heart of Leaf/Wing territory. I still have three heads....

toomanyrifts.blogspot.ca || A Gaming Blog

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeoni View Post
    Also just heard on the radio (not confirmed at all) but they mentioned something about NHL Center Ice being free for this little half season we're getting. I'd be quite happy with that.
    Never going to happen. NHL Center Ice is controlled by inDemand and is separately contracted to every major cable carrier. For it to be free, the league would have to convince every single cable and satellite company to give up their cut of the CI money. Never going to happen.

They could make the online and app versions free though, but I wouldn't hold your breath.

10+ Year Old Account
    Figures the season would come back two days after I get rid of my hockey avatar and sig.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Oh I'm not it was just something mentioned by one of their call in guests, can't remember who he was.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by willowe View Post
    You have to be either 'in f$%king SPACE' or on something to make you think you're there to like the Leafs. How's Brain "Can't Sign/Draft A Good Goalie For My Life" Burke treating ya?

Oh, and, wooooo hockey's back. Now I can wear hockey jerseys and not be looked at like I have three heads!

Wait, I'm a Sens fan deep in the heart of Leaf/Wing territory. I still have three heads....
    Pro tip, the Sens haven't won the Stanley Cup since 1923, the Leafs last won it in 1967. Which franchise sucks more? :P

---------- Post added 2013-01-06 at 06:27 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Zoma View Post
    Figures the season would come back two days after I get rid of my hockey avatar and sig.
    Keep the avatar, change the sig

15+ Year Old Account
    Pro tip, the Sens haven't won the Stanley Cup since 1923, the Leafs last won it in 1967. Which franchise sucks more? :P
    Well in his defense one of those two teams did actually stop existing for most of that time.

15+ Year Old Account
    meh.. Leafs bashers are coming out of their holes again. I think I'll just enjoy the short season and not deal with angry and bitter people on the internet.... later!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    meh.. Leafs bashers are coming out of their holes again. I think I'll just enjoy the short season and not deal with angry and bitter people on the internet.... later!
    angry people exist on the internets? since when?

10+ Year Old Account
    I have heard that Ballard was a complete and utter dickhole. I met a guy a couple of months back at Chapters, he used to cover the Leafs during the Ballard years and the Sabres after that, but he said Harold was one of the worst human beings you could ever meet, even when he was honest with you he was a prick.
    He was a total ass. He also owned the Hamilton Tigercats and used to taunt Toronto football fans at hockey games in Toronto.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BrandonC View Post
    He was a total ass. He also owned the Hamilton Tigercats and used to taunt Toronto football fans at hockey games in Toronto.
    Except the Argos are WAAAAAAYYYY better then the Tigercats!

Anyway, after mulling it over, I don't see Burke using the amnesty buyout on Komi, it's such a waste for a guy who will be gone after next season and he could easily be put on waivers if he gets beat out of a job. With so much dead weight being shed this coming summer, the Leafs are going to have a fair amount of cap space to work with.

Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    Well in his defense one of those two teams did actually stop existing for most of that time.
    Alright. The Leafs haven't won the Stanley Cup since 1992, Ottawa hasn't won the Cup since 1992. What could anyone say that makes Ottawa not suck? They went to the Stanley Cup finals, got blown out by Anaheim (outside of winning a fluke game) and scored the Stanley Cup game winning goal on themselves? Sure does give the Sens a lot to be proud about.

Also, just to dig a bit deeper, how many times did the Senators beat the Leafs in the post season since they became a team in 1992? Yeah, I still feel that Senator and Canuck (because it'll happen) fans really have no more of a right to flame us than Bluejackets fans.

I'm just curious because I've never played a fantasy sport in a shortened season. Will fantasy hockey begin with the season and just run a shortened season as well? Or will that just go by the wayside until the next full season?

Quote Originally Posted by Greeney View Post
    Alright. The Leafs haven't won the Stanley Cup since 1992, Ottawa hasn't won the Cup since 1992. What could anyone say that makes Ottawa not suck? They went to the Stanley Cup finals, got blown out by Anaheim (outside of winning a fluke game) and scored the Stanley Cup game winning goal on themselves? Sure does give the Sens a lot to be proud about.

Also, just to dig a bit deeper, how many times did the Senators beat the Leafs in the post season since they became a team in 1992? Yeah, I still feel that Senator and Canuck (because it'll happen) fans really have no more of a right to flame us than Bluejackets fans.
    Yea, but regardless, they are gonna try...

Woohoo! Hockey again.. sooo excited!

What about Leafs fans, Greeney? What do we do when I make fun of us D: