The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Can't you guys just take Kompon back

10+ Year Old Account
    Rangers will probably lose their assistant coaches, already being pursued.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was wondering why the leafs didn't hire any new assistant coaches.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Man Spezza makes me lol. What a whining little cunt, asking for a trade because he doesn't like being criticized as the captain of a team. He wants to go to St. Louis where he can try to get carried to a Cup win by a team where he will at best be a third string forward. To be honest, he isn't that good for a guy with a $7 million cap hit. He has 251 goals and 687 points in 686 regular season games over 11 seasons, that's only an average of 22 goals per season. And people whine about Bozak's contract.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Man Spezza makes me lol. What a whining little cunt, asking for a trade because he doesn't like being criticized as the captain of a team. He wants to go to St. Louis where he can try to get carried to a Cup win by a team where he will at best be a third string forward. To be honest, he isn't that good for a guy with a $7 million cap hit. He has 251 goals and 687 points in 686 regular season games over 11 seasons, that's only an average of 22 goals per season. And people whine about Bozak's contract.
    Spezza only makes 4.5 mill this season and the next.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nazrark View Post
    Spezza only makes 4.5 mill this season and the next.
    He only makes that much (minus .5m) but the cap hit is the same. It's too much to pay for the guy anyways considering he will want to resign a similar contract. I've always felt he's overrated by Canadian media. He always seems to be injured as well and disappears a bit in the playoffs when he needs to be the wheels on the Senators bus. Every year is the same too, they always talk about how if Ottawa is going to be an okay team, Spezza will have to play good. You can sign someone for 2 less million who will do just as good of a job. I think he'd be better as a piece instead of the main attraction. Who knows, he'll get paid regardless. I wonder if a team like Florida takes a run at him next season. That would give them a really solid split down the middle with Spezza, Barkov, Bjugstad plus Huberdeau was good in his rookie season and I can't see them not taking Ekblad at the draft this year.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah... once Selanne retires I'll be able to count the number of point per game players in the league on one hand. Guys that have at least 500 points, if you count Stamkos then Spezza is 6th

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    He won't be a #1 center on any team he gets traded to I imagine, especially if he's trying to go to a contender. What teams need another piece and have the space for 7m? He has good numbers and all that but I've never been a big fan of him myself. I don't think he will get it done when it matters the most.

My prediction is he ends up in Anaheim and they lose in the 2nd round again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeoni View Post
    He won't be a #1 center on any team he gets traded to I imagine, especially if he's trying to go to a contender.
    I think he realizes he isn't a centerpiece player and doesn't want to be one. Lots of teams are trying to match the Kings' depth at center and Spezza would be a great step toward that for one of the established contenders if they can afford him and keep him beyond this season.

If Ottawa eats 1M of his salary, isn't that like 2Mish off the cap? So it'd only be 5Mish.

10+ Year Old Account
    Richards officially bought out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    Richards officially bought out.
    Now every team will be going after him. This effects the trade value for Spezza. So Ottawa will definitely have to eat some of the salary in order to move him.

The guys from Oilers TV did a small Mock Draft.

If you watched it, feel free to debate about it.
    "Our greatest glory is not in never falling,
    but in rising every time we fall."
    - Kong Fuzi

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    They actually think Calgary was going to go for Jake Virtanen, shows how much research they've even done. Dude hasn't been in the conversation at all for us. No real surprises here, this is how the draft will likely go for the top 5 at least. I don't think Ehlers drops as far as they have him, I'd imagine he goes before Nylander and Kappanin. They also think Dallas needs gamebreakers, oh boy. Anything after 14 overall is pretty vague this year it seems. These guys are kind of amatuers it's pretty clear they just looked at a bunch of draft rankings and went at it. Maybe it's because it's Oilers TV but the dudes on the show just made me not like them.

10+ Year Old Account
    The opening games of the 2014-15 season
    Anaheim Ducks: Friday, Oct. 17 vs. Minnesota

* Arizona Coyotes: Thursday, Oct. 9 vs. Winnipeg

Boston Bruins: Wednesday, Oct. 8 vs. Philadelphia

Buffalo Sabres: Thursday, Oct. 9 vs. Columbus

Calgary Flames: Wednesday, Oct. 8 vs. Vancouver

Carolina Hurricanes: Friday, Oct. 10 vs. NY Islanders

Chicago Blackhawks: Saturday, Oct. 11 vs. Buffalo

Colorado Avalanche: Saturday, Oct. 11 vs. Minnesota

Columbus Blue Jackets: Saturday, Oct. 11 vs. NY Rangers

Dallas Stars: Thursday, Oct. 9 vs. Chicago

Detroit Red Wings: Thursday, Oct. 9 vs. Boston

Edmonton Oilers: Thursday, Oct. 9 vs. Calgary

Florida Panthers: Saturday, Oct. 11 vs. New Jersey

Los Angeles Kings: Wednesday, Oct. 8 vs. San Jose

Minnesota Wild: Thursday, Oct. 9 vs. Colorado

Montreal Canadiens: Thursday, Oct. 16 vs. Boston

Nashville Predators: Thursday, Oct. 9 vs. Ottawa

New Jersey Devils: Saturday, Oct. 18 vs. San Jose

New York Islanders: Saturday, Oct. 11 vs. Carolina

New York Rangers: Sunday, Oct. 12 vs. Toronto

Ottawa Senators: Thursday, Oct. 16 vs. Colorado

Philadelphia Flyers: Thursday, Oct. 9 vs. New Jersey

Pittsburgh Penguins: Thursday, Oct. 9 vs. Anaheim

San Jose Sharks: Saturday, Oct. 11 vs. Winnipeg

St. Louis Blues: Thursday, Oct. 9 vs. NY Rangers

Tampa Bay Lightning: Thursday, Oct. 9 vs. Florida

Toronto Maple Leafs: Wednesday, Oct. 8 vs. Montreal

Vancouver Canucks: Saturday, Oct. 11 vs. Edmonton

Washington Capitals: Thursday, Oct. 9 vs. Montreal

Winnipeg Jets: Friday, Oct. 17 vs. Nashville

10+ Year Old Account
    Full schedules released. No ridiculous road trip to start the year for the Rangers lol 12 sets of back to back games. 8 of their final 10 games against Eastern Conference teams. No game on my birthday this year I liked seeing Kreider with a hat trick against Torts and the Canucks on my birthday last year!

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Jesus, people complaining about CBC losing hockey night in Canada can shut up now. CBC will be broadcasting ~150 games on Saturday nights, the first night has 7 Canadian teams playing.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/r...cast-schedule/

The Leafs have a pretty fucked up schedule. From December 21 to February 6, they play 20 games, 16 of which are on the road. Obviously, this means they have a lot more home games at the start and end of the season, but... that is the kind of stretch that seems to break their backs every year. Some other stuff I'm not super fond of, like we play Montreal to open the season and then not again until mid-February. Same thing with Buffalo (I know they're not as good, but I like to watch young teams develop, especially if they do it better than the Leafs) in that we play them twice before mid-November then not again until mid-March. Play Detroit 5 times by mid-December, and that's the whole season series.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Jesus, people complaining about CBC losing hockey night in Canada can shut up now. CBC will be broadcasting ~150 games on Saturday nights, the first night has 7 Canadian teams playing.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/r...cast-schedule/
    I just hope they start the year by shooting Glen Healy out of a cannon into the sun.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

So...

Philly acquires R.J. Umberger + 4th in 2015.
    Columbus acquires Scott Hartnell.

Would not have considered Hartnell would be on the move, but... I apparently know nothing.