Other that Edmonton or mcdavids future home, any western team can make it with a small streak.

10+ Year Old Account
    I saw a fight break out at our curling rink in the local town over the wild game last night. They had it up on the big screen, and one of the sweeping people (I don't curl or watch it much, was there for a fun event :P ) hit someone on the other team for cheering when the other team won. I assume the guy cheering was from vancouver, we get a lot of canadians in here.
    You're a towel.

Deleted
    Oh yeah, right, you're our resident Wild fan.

Your opinion on Devan Dubnyk?

10+ Year Old Account
    I saw that NFL was over, I was wondering when Gumboy would come back.

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    5 straight wins is enough to climb from 10th to 9th in the West, but with 2 games in hand on the Sharks, that final playoff spot looks a lot closer now.
    You are welcome.

Rinne was a beast tonight, once they get the highlights up I'll post the one series of stops he had. He was freaking nuts.

Quote Originally Posted by Armourboy View Post
    You are welcome.

Rinne was a beast tonight, once they get the highlights up I'll post the one series of stops he had. He was freaking nuts.
    Pekka is amazing when he's healthy; there are brick walls more forgiving than he is.

Sad thing is that I still suspect he'll get shafted at the NHL awards again this year.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well it's between him and Price and Price is absolutely carrying the Canadians again while Rinne is actually getting some scoring support from Forsberg ect. Their stats are so incredibly close but Price has actually been the better goalie and he has 2 more shutouts. Price has more shots against too, if the season ended today I think he'd deserve it over Rinne but there's still plenty of games to be played. Definitely would not be a shaft.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anassi View Post
    Oh yeah, right, you're our resident Wild fan.

Your opinion on Devan Dubnyk?
    The only one on the boards? :P Their has to be at least one more!

Goalies are probably the most easily hated on people in any sport, counting hockey and soccer goalies. Hard, hard jobs :P I think he might be alright.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nazrark View Post
    I saw that NFL was over, I was wondering when Gumboy would come back.
    I've been around, just don't pay that much attention to any sports regular season, they all seem so long (other than football)
    You're a towel.

10+ Year Old Account
    You are welcome.

I've been looking forward to a Predators/Kings playoff match-up because it should be a lot of fun, but if the Kings dawdle in the wild card range its gonna happen a lot sooner in the playoffs than I'd like.

10+ Year Old Account
    I almost forgot how much I hate Detroit. I think they're 8-0-2 vs Central teams right now? Wings are pretty lethal again...

Quote Originally Posted by Zeoni View Post
    Well it's between him and Price and Price is absolutely carrying the Canadians again while Rinne is actually getting some scoring support from Forsberg ect. Their stats are so incredibly close but Price has actually been the better goalie and he has 2 more shutouts. Price has more shots against too, if the season ended today I think he'd deserve it over Rinne but there's still plenty of games to be played. Definitely would not be a shaft.

Pekka also plays in a much tougher division, and the better conference. I have a hard time believing the only reason Price keeps getting all of the Pub is because he plays for Montreal, if it was swapped around Rinne would be considered the best. Oh and btw check this out, article 1 why I'll take Rinne.

http://video.predators.nhl.com/video...id=DL|NSH|home

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I've been looking forward to a Predators/Kings playoff match-up because it should be a lot of fun, but if the Kings dawdle in the wild card range its gonna happen a lot sooner in the playoffs than I'd like.
    I'm ready for it to get going tbh. Can honestly say I'm not scared to play anyone, at least not right now. That may change by the time the playoffs hit.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Pekka also plays in a much tougher division, and the better conference. I have a hard time believing the only reason Price keeps getting all of the Pub is because he plays for Montreal, if it was swapped around Rinne would be considered the best. Oh and btw check this out, article 1 why I'll take Rinne.

http://video.predators.nhl.com/video...id=DL|NSH|home

- - - Updated - - -

I'm ready for it to get going tbh. Can honestly say I'm not scared to play anyone, at least not right now. That may change by the time the playoffs hit.
    Division and conference historically have not mattered for awards (as far as consideration goes, there is a bit of an East Coast bias in the media however). It has nothing to do with playing in Montreal (being a popular franchise) this year man, he's simply been amazing. Rinne has been really really good too as seen by both their stats but he hasn't had to stand on his head like in years past. Things like this: http://i.imgur.com/t2dbjOL.jpg show how much better the Predators are defensively vs the Canadiens. Price is having such a good year that he's getting Hart considerations as well and I woulden't be surprised to see him a nominee depending on the ending of the season. Essentially, the 2 goalies stats are almost identical. Rinne's 1.94 GAA vs Price's 1.93 and .932 / .935 SV% respectively. Carey Price currently has better stats while facing more shots (albiet with 2 more games played) on a worse team defensively as well as offensively (which matters because goal support means they have to rely on their goalie more). There's no Shea Weber on Montreal, there's a turnover prone P.K. Subban.
    Last edited by Zeoni; 2015-02-19 at 06:27 PM.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Still can't believe this forum is devoid of Wings fans...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stommped View Post
    Still can't believe this forum is devoid of Wings fans...
    yea, they all wandered off or something

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Used to be like 3 of them too, rip marcelos

10+ Year Old Account
    Conscript was the only sane one

Deleted
    That hit from Nystrom... auch..

10+ Year Old Account
    Crosby and Dubi fight lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reg View Post
    Crosby and Dubi fight lol
    I'm going to call that fight a Draw but Dubinsky won where it counted.

Also: McElhinney's stop on Crosby was sick

Quote Originally Posted by Zeoni View Post
    Division and conference historically have not mattered for awards (as far as consideration goes, there is a bit of an East Coast bias in the media however). It has nothing to do with playing in Montreal (being a popular franchise) this year man, he's simply been amazing. Rinne has been really really good too as seen by both their stats but he hasn't had to stand on his head like in years past. Things like this: http://i.imgur.com/t2dbjOL.jpg show how much better the Predators are defensively vs the Canadiens. Price is having such a good year that he's getting Hart considerations as well and I woulden't be surprised to see him a nominee depending on the ending of the season. Essentially, the 2 goalies stats are almost identical. Rinne's 1.94 GAA vs Price's 1.93 and .932 / .935 SV% respectively. Carey Price currently has better stats while facing more shots (albiet with 2 more games played) on a worse team defensively as well as offensively (which matters because goal support means they have to rely on their goalie more). There's no Shea Weber on Montreal, there's a turnover prone P.K. Subban.
    I've heard Pekka's named mentioned for the Hart as well, and frankly I think he deserves it. Yeah we won some games without him, but over the course of the season without him we aren't even a playoff team. He hides a ton of mistakes and part of the reason the team plays the way it does is because they know he is back there. In fact that win vs San Jose was all on his shoulders, the Sharks should have been up 4-5 goals early but he stood on his head. When you look at the stats in that game the score pretty much hides the fact that we scored on every single good scoring chance we had.

I know Price is good, I've watched him play, but as a Preds fan if Pekka doesn't win something this season its a freaking joke, especially if he ends up reaching the single season wins mark. Even with his time out its still reachable.

If this team doesn't come out of this season with multiple awards, well someone has their head in their ass.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kreebs View Post
    That hit from Nystrom... auch..
    Need more of that from him if he is going to keep his spot, otherwise he may be in the press box.