Quote Originally Posted by Zeoni View Post
    Oh man there was a fight like 10 feet away from us and I don't even care about the final score that was rowdy!
    That game was rough lol, in more ways than one.

Getting too fancy. Hudler's goal was a dirty one, need more of that.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

15+ Year Old Account
    Pretty strong start from Donskoi in San Jose. Scores with his ass and +3 with limited ice time. Not a bad debut.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Deleted
    Great start by the Sharks! Always feel great to kick Kings asses! Even more now that they have the disgusting Lucic in the team!

Sooo... Brown and Lucic didn't even wait for game 2 of the season to let the full blown retard come through. I don't know if the match penalty was necessary, but dude needs a message from someone (whether it's the league or team management) to grow up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    That game was rough lol, in more ways than one.

Getting too fancy. Hudler's goal was a dirty one, need more of that.
    Must have watched a different game than me

I think the Canucks went out with a lot to prove to their fans and themselves after last year's playoffs, and they really stepped up and answered the call. Ramo looked shaky out there, and after we potted a couple the Flames defense looked like they started to lose some confidence.

From what all my friends who live in Calgary tell me the whole city had been buzzing with a "we're going to crush those pussy ass Canucks, they're just a joke now" mentality leading up to that game ever since we went down to them in the playoffs last year. I'm always glad to see obnoxious fans get taken down a peg or two, but in this case it was especially nice because Vancouver has a lot of shitty fans who were echoing the things Calgary fans were saying.

If you have ever wondered what it's like to live in a city where it's considered cooler to cheer for every visiting team than your own, and where running down your own players is so common it's considered normal, let me tell you this - it sucks. Go Canucks, fuck but Vancouver so much.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    Must have watched a different game than me

I think the Canucks went out with a lot to prove to their fans and themselves after last year's playoffs, and they really stepped up and answered the call. Ramo looked shaky out there, and after we potted a couple the Flames defense looked like they started to lose some confidence.

From what all my friends who live in Calgary tell me the whole city had been buzzing with a "we're going to crush those pussy ass Canucks, they're just a joke now" mentality leading up to that game ever since we went down to them in the playoffs last year. I'm always glad to see obnoxious fans get taken down a peg or two, but in this case it was especially nice because Vancouver has a lot of shitty fans who were echoing the things Calgary fans were saying.

If you have ever wondered what it's like to live in a city where it's considered cooler to cheer for every visiting team than your own, and where running down your own players is so common it's considered normal, let me tell you this - it sucks. Go Canucks, fuck but Vancouver so much.
    Canucks looked good last night, I was at the game. Flames didn't look good what so ever and I'm a bit worried for our goaltending this season. Hopefully Hiller doesn't stink it up on Saturday 2 in a row down to the Nucks would be depressing. Oh well, first game of the season either way I'm just happy to have puck back. McCann and Hutton were very noticeable in a good way for you guys. There was definitely a whoooooooooooole lot less Vancouver fans in the crowd for this game than in any of the games in the past 4-5 years too. Probably pulled off their green and blue to put on some red.
    Last edited by Zeoni; 2015-10-08 at 07:55 PM.

I was somewhat surprised they put Ramo in for the opener. I don't think he had a very good preseason compared to Hiller.

That second goal was well placed, but it only went in because Ramo's cheating from his fuckin post again.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    For anyone looking for a recap of the Oilers/Blues broadcast:

Connor Mcdavid Connor McDavid

Connor
    McDavid

Connor Mcdavid Connor McDavid's Dad

That pretty much sums up Sportsnets coverage of the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    I watched the Jets hammer the Bruins. So I didn't have to listen to the media jizz all over McJesus.

For anyone looking for a recap of the Oilers/Blues broadcast:

Connor
    McDavid

Connor Mcdavid Connor McDavid's Dad

That pretty much sums up Sportsnets coverage of the game.
    You were at the game so you didn't get to enjoy the SN Pacific broadcast awfulness...Mike Johnson and idk who ever it was literally for about 6 or 7 minutes of the second period...just both started talking about some complete and utter bullshit about the Sedins and Sutter and "That Bo Horvat"...not even discussing the fucking game being played. Their first words in relation to the game was giving the fucking time left in the period before going to commercial, and within about 15 seconds of the faceoff after the commercial break...go into another 2 fucking minutes about Willie Desjardin and how much he likes McCann...

It was fucking excruciating...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VanillaO View Post
    Sooo... Brown and Lucic didn't even wait for game 2 of the season to let the full blown retard come through. I don't know if the match penalty was necessary, but dude needs a message from someone (whether it's the league or team management) to grow up.
    Lucic is a scumbag, what else is there to expect? I've been ignoring the offseason hype train since its been nothing except proclaiming how much Lucic will bring to the team. Well we saw what he brings, pissy bullshit when he gets hipchecked.

Deleted
    Holy crap the Pens - Stars game.. Niemi played out of his mind. I miss him in Sharks

Well we get the win by basically dominating the first. Rest of the game was mostly Carolina. 2 points it is so can't complain too much.

Oh and the complete melt down of Colorado was insane.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Armourboy View Post
    Well we get the win by basically dominating the first. Rest of the game was mostly Carolina. 2 points it is so can't complain too much.

Oh and the complete melt down of Colorado was insane.
    The meltdown by Boston must have been ever worse! From dominating first period to loosing 2-6!

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nazrark View Post
    I watched the Jets hammer the Bruins. So I didn't have to listen to the media jizz all over McJesus.
    Jets looked awesome. I'm calling them to have a big year.

Deleted
    Jets looked awesome. I'm calling them to have a big year.
    After one game?

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerdoz View Post
    After one game?
    After a solid season last year and a developing pre season thats seen them get better and better defensively. They got a couple young rookies who I've watched in junior too. I like their size, center depth, and D. Solid coach and good enough goaltending. Its been one game this year but this has been developing since they moved from ATL to Winnipeg.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Jets have employed the model Detroit and Chicago have been doing. Letting your players develop before bringing them in. Schiefle was 20 before he was brought onto the team. Petan and Elhers have shown that they won't benefit anymore from going into the Juniors, and they'll dominate at the AHL level. Both of those players along with Burmistrov were dancing around the enemy team. Throwing some crazy dangles and getting in a lot of shots. Each player from the Jets D can play 20+ minutes a night. Plus we've got another 5 under contract that can play a solid 18 minutes a night as well. The only issue we have now is that the Jets are a budget within a cap team. We work around a self imposed cap ceiling. Which is why Buff will probably be moved by the trade deadline. The only way I don't see him being moved is if he and Ladd take discounts on contracts. Schiefle and Trouba are both coming up next year. Chevy has been quietly building a solid team. Plus we've got quite the number of rookies that are projecting well.

The best part of anything I believe is that the NHL and AHL club all take part in the same practice when they are in town together. Both the Jets and Moose play in the MTS Centre.

Deleted
    The one line wonder do not seems to work in pittsburgh. Trade malkin for depth and picks?

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kreebs View Post
    The one line wonder do not seems to work in pittsburgh. Trade malkin for depth and picks?
    Really? After 1 game...?