10+ Year Old Account
    The Bruins have scored 6 or more goals in 11 games this season. Closest to that is the Penguins with 4.
    If actions speak louder than words
    I'll be the most deafening noise you've heard.
    I'll be that ringing in your ears
    That will stick around for years.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    3-0 my friend. Some sweet redemption after the last game.
    You need to read time stamps my friend.

15+ Year Old Account
    Gustavsson with the save with no glove and no stick! I think Reimer should take a seat for a few weeks. His goaltending has been well below par these past few weeks. Gustavsson looks like he really wants it. I hope he gets the SO tonight.

---------- Post added 2012-01-05 at 09:02 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    You need to read time stamps my friend.
    I know! It was an update!

15+ Year Old Account
    Gustavsson with the save with no glove and no stick! I think Reimer should take a seat for a few weeks. His goaltending has been well below par these past few weeks. Gustavsson looks like he really wants it. I hope he gets the SO tonight.

now now fuzzzie, just cuz you were corrected doesn't mean you can get hostile and nitpicky and change your story =P

I like Gustavsson. I really hope he's starting to pace up, so he reaches the potential we all saw back home a few years ago.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by marcelos11 View Post
    now now fuzzzie, just cuz you were corrected doesn't mean you can get hostile and nitpicky and change your story =P
    4-0 What?

Enjoying this game. Too bad I don't get the channel and have to watch a shitty stream. Grabo looking good too!

---------- Post added 2012-01-05 at 09:07 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    I like Gustavsson. I really hope he's starting to pace up, so he reaches the potential we all saw back home a few years ago.
    He was doing fantastic until Reimer came back. Then Reimer took over and we had a shitty December.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ketzil View Post
    The Bruins have scored 6 or more goals in 11 games this season. Closest to that is the Penguins with 4.
    Boston leads the league in goals scored on average per game with 3.50 goals so that really isn't a surprise. They also have the lowest goals against of any team in the league, something the Leafs need to work on since they are 25th in the league in goals against, but 33 of the 75 goals scored against were on the PK. Either Toronto needs to stay out of the box or improve their PK in the next few months if they are going to compete in the post season :P

---------- Post added 2012-01-05 at 09:09 PM ----------

Fuzzzie, I have the TV on in front of me, I multi task like a boss :P

---------- Post added 2012-01-05 at 09:15 PM ----------

4-0 What?

Enjoying this game. Too bad I don't get the channel and have to watch a shitty stream. Grabo looking good too!

---------- Post added 2012-01-05 at 09:07 PM ----------

He was doing fantastic until Reimer came back. Then Reimer took over and we had a shitty December.
    Reimer was playing great when they weren't on the PK. Improve the PK in front of both goalies and they will both be capable of being starters or at least battling for the starting job. It's good to have healthy competition, especially in net, it makes your whole team work harder. Reimer got hung out to dry way too often on the PK, not entirely his fault they lost those games. Plus turn overs or bad defensive plays screwed him over more then his own play because he was lights out when they weren't killing penalties or turning over pucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Reimer was playing great when they weren't on the PK. Improve the PK in front of both goalies and they will both be capable of being starters or at least battling for the starting job. It's good to have healthy competition, especially in net, it makes your whole team work harder. Reimer got hung out to dry way too often on the PK, not entirely his fault they lost those games. Plus turn overs or bad defensive plays screwed him over more then his own play because he was lights out when they weren't killing penalties or turning over pucks.
    I agree 100%. When a goalie is doing great until the Penalty Kill, all the time, the players are probably at fault.
    Shutout for Gustavsson, glad to see him getting more confidence.

I'm sorry for bringing up non-NHL hockey again, but Sweden is outshooting the Russians with 39-4 after two periods, and they've had some seriously weak third periods. Let's hope it sticks like that..

I'd watch NHL games to contribute, but other games are holding my attention (and Flames backup Henrik Karlsson now in the Swedish studio, Kent Nilsson was before)

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Greeney View Post
    I agree 100%. When a goalie is doing great until the Penalty Kill, all the time, the players are probably at fault.
    Shutout for Gustavsson, glad to see him getting more confidence.
    Sure it's not 100% his fault, but he let in a lot of soft goals during 5 on 5 as well. I dunno, I like both goalies, I'll go with whats working now. If Gustavsson gets tired then swap them, but really we need solid play to climb back up the chart a bit to keep the playoff hopes alive.

10+ Year Old Account
    Philly vs Chicago, awesome game, glad Philly won and exploited the Hawks inability to clear the puck.

Quote Originally Posted by Irony View Post
    Philly vs Chicago, awesome game, glad Philly won and exploited the Hawks inability to clear the puck.
    Chicago proved the same thing about Philly, if you look at it that much. We basically gave them a power play when Talbot lost his stick and mezzy gave the puck to him and we couldn't clear for 1:15 in the 2nd. Was so ashamed of that.
    But it was payback from the last stanley cup match, so I'm ecstatic we won (even though Chicago still has a cup :P).
    As you said, though, great game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by keelea View Post
    Chicago proved the same thing about Philly, if you look at it that much. We basically gave them a power play when Talbot lost his stick and mezzy gave the puck to him and we couldn't clear for 1:15 in the 2nd. Was so ashamed of that.
    But it was payback from the last stanley cup match, so I'm ecstatic we won (even though Chicago still has a cup :P).
    As you said, though, great game.
    Not really a good game at all for the Hawks, our D forgot to show up, the special teams looked like garbage, Emery wasn't on his game tonight, and kids we called up like 2 days ago did most of the scoring, Hawks are 1-3-0 in the past 4 games.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Garbles View Post
    Not really a good game at all for the Hawks, our D forgot to show up, the special teams looked like garbage, Emery wasn't on his game tonight, and kids we called up like 2 days ago did most of the scoring, Hawks are 1-3-0 in the past 4 games.
    don't worry, on sunday you play Detroit at home, with Detroit on the wrong end of a back to back.

15+ Year Old Account
    This side of an imaginary line in the sand
    Hrm...

Detroit... strong offense, potent defense, and Howard's having a stellar season.

Chicago... very strong offense, seemingly haphazard defense, and Crawford is doing well.

It could go either way, but I'd wager on Detroit. Especially with home ice advantage.
    red panda red panda red panda!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asera View Post
    Hrm...

Detroit... strong offense, potent defense, and Howard's having a stellar season.

Chicago... very strong offense, seemingly haphazard defense, and Crawford is doing well.

It could go either way, but I'd wager on Detroit. Especially with home ice advantage.
    Detroit doesn't have home ice advantage.

15+ Year Old Account
    This side of an imaginary line in the sand
    Quote Originally Posted by marcelos11 View Post
    detroit doesn't have home ice advantage.
    they do on the 14th!
    red panda red panda red panda!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asera View Post
    they do on the 14th!
    yeah. on the 14th. but not till than.

Quote Originally Posted by keelea View Post
    I know the Bruins are good, but having 6+ goals a game for the past few weeks is a bit insane. 7-0 right now over Calgary (although, really, it's Calgary).
    I'm a little hesitant to jump the gun, but possible repeat or at least deep into the playoffs for the Bruins seems inevitable right about now. Just hope that someone finds out a weakness for Tim Thomas and can stone-wall their ridiculous offense.
    its not just thomas you have to worry about, we also have rask who is #1 in the league in GAA, and SV%. Great game B's. Bring on the Canfucks. I got my swim trunks on, all ready for the sedin sisters diving competion

10+ Year Old Account

i think reimer has been solid, lets see how many of those goals where from the bad pk