15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Armourboy View Post
    Well we apparently decided to score tonight. Only played a good decent period and a half but it was damn good.
    it was 30 minutes of me going FUCK YES HAHAHA TAKE THAT SAINT LOUIS!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by marcelos11 View Post
    it was 30 minutes of me going FUCK YES HAHAHA TAKE THAT SAINT LOUIS!
    Wow Smashville dropped 6 goal on St Louis? What did that double their season total?

The Lightning are up to 40 goals now in 9 games (and a scant 23 against). Kinda excited that they might be back.
    Last edited by conscript; 2013-02-06 at 01:51 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    Wow Smashville dropped 6 goal on St Louis? What did that double their season total?
    and they did iti n 30 minutes too. more or less.

---------- Post added 2013-02-06 at 08:52 AM ----------

Yep. Didn't end up watching the game (got distracted catching up on FaceOff then fell asleep). Glad I didn't. I am disappoint.

---------- Post added 2013-02-06 at 08:29 AM ----------

4) Hi we are from Michigan. The Detroit Lions haven't won anything of significance since the 50s. In fact I think they have made the playoffs once in my lifetime. We have watched them go 0-16. We have watched them burn multiple #1-5 picks for a decade on players who washed out of the league within a few years. You wanna talk about wounds, we know wounds. Also, oh noes three years in a row without playoffs? The Lions are up to 20 something now with one appearance. (Edited because I forgot the Lions actually made the playoffs last year).
    don't forget about the Pistons being a two sided coin of "how are we going to do this year" that seams to be more of a 12 sided coin and 11 of the sides involve the word "suck".
    and then theres the tigers...but yeah. Outside of the Red Wings...we have...???

---------- Post added 2013-02-06 at 08:52 AM ----------

The Lightning are up to 40 goals now in 9 games (and a scant 23 against). Kinda excited that they might be back.
    come to think of it i think it doubled STL GAA too.

---------- Post added 2013-02-06 at 08:57 AM ----------

not trying to sound gay or anything but the Red Wings have been Michigans only real ray of sunshine in the darkness >.>

10+ Year Old Account
    Im in love with a stripper..I mean Saad.

You guys are spoiled with your 4 teams. Calgary has the Flames and a CFL team. And a rodeo once a year.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VanillaO View Post
    You guys are spoiled with your 4 teams. Calgary has the Flames and a CFL team. And a rodeo once a year.
    Ya but its CALGARY! There are like 17 people in Alberta.

Note: This is when I looked up Calgary's population and found out it is significantly higher than Detroit's. Baffled.

10+ Year Old Account
    I cant wait to see some stupid headline on NHL.com tomorrow about Torres vsing the Hawks...maybe they'll even add in a stupid pun...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Garbles View Post
    I cant wait to see some stupid headline on NHL.com tomorrow about Torres vsing the Hawks...maybe they'll even add in a stupid pun...
    Torresurrection. The return of one of the most reviled athletes to Chicago.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Are there any Rangers fans in here? Why have they been struggling? I've watched the last few Pittsburgh games and they look pretty damn good, but I honestly don't think I've seen one NYR game this year - just see their average 4-5 record.

Its possible lol. Tonight was probably the first night where I have seen the guys just shoot the puck and drive the net, almost every goal was scored that way.

Funny thing is its looking like we are going to be playing 7 defenseman and 11 forwards if it keeps up like this. Colin Wilson has been a freaking beast, even if the goal total isn't showing it. This setup is getting him more playing time and thats a good thing.

End the road trip from hell 4-2-1 and on a roll. It wasn't pretty, but Preds Hockey never is. Now we get to come home and hopefully goes well. TBH I'm kind of glad we had that long away stretch, gave them a chance to work the bugs out before coming back home and the fans will be ready!

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yep. Didn't end up watching the game (got distracted catching up on FaceOff then fell asleep). Glad I didn't. I am disappoint.

---------- Post added 2013-02-06 at 08:29 AM ----------

1) What the hell are you talking about. It is the Flames, you were never going to be more than 9th place in the West anyways.
    2) Kipper has been arguably the worst non-Holtby goalie in the NHL this season. His save percentage is .870!
    3) Being bad is GOOOOOOOD for the Flames! Maybe you guys can start rebuilding properly with a high pick instead of always landing in the middle.
    4) Hi we are from Michigan. The Detroit Lions haven't won anything of significance since the 50s. In fact I think they have made the playoffs once in my lifetime. We have watched them go 0-16. We have watched them burn multiple #1-5 picks for a decade on players who washed out of the league within a few years. You wanna talk about wounds, we know wounds. Also, oh noes three years in a row without playoffs? The Lions are up to 20 something now with one appearance. (Edited because I forgot the Lions actually made the playoffs last year).
    Do you actually think I was going to cheer for my team to be bad? Why the fuck would anyone do that? Kiprusoff is having a bad start and I am fairly certain he'll bounce back because he has been amazing for the Flames since the day we got him. He has always carried us through the times when Jarome wasn't performing well and now that we actually have secondary scoring the team is actually fun to watch. That is if he returns, not sure how bad this injury is. Regardless of my team being shitty and the likely outcome being grim, I don't give a fuck man. I love Calgary and I want to see those guys do well. You can't just want your team to lose because of the possibility that you might draft a great player.

It's funny that you should bring up another sport. Sure, you guys have a bad football team but regardless of them being bad, you will ALWAYS have the Red Wings - the best run organization in almost all of sports. That will always be there and unless Football is your main favourite sport then I don't know how you can bring up the fact that you have a bad football team in your state. I assume hockey is your favourite considering I've never seen the Detroit Lions or Calvin Johnson in your signature or Avatar (shitty assumption, I know). Maybe I should restate what I said to "hockey wound".

---------- Post added 2013-02-06 at 01:45 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by VanillaO View Post
    That rodeo is sick though

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stommped View Post
    Are there any Rangers fans in here? Why have they been struggling? I've watched the last few Pittsburgh games and they look pretty damn good, but I honestly don't think I've seen one NYR game this year - just see their average 4-5 record.
    I was at the Lightning game when the Rangers came to town on Saturday. They looked good and beat us 3-2.

I think Tortarella is just tweaking the lines. I'm sure NYR will surge and be a top 4 seed going into the playoffs. They're too stacked not to.
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stommped View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Toxigen View Post
    I was at the Lightning game when the Rangers came to town on Saturday. They looked good and beat us 3-2.

I think Tortarella is just tweaking the lines. I'm sure NYR will surge and be a top 4 seed going into the playoffs. They're too stacked not to.
    Torts tweaking the lines is an understatement. He seems to be mixing up lines several times throughout the game and it's getting a bit ridiculous. Any time a line gets hot, he goes and changes it up.

There are other things. They've taken a lot of bad penalties. I think they are something like 18th in the league in penalty kills. And they can't score on power plays, but they're like that every year... I think they are dead last in PP%. They aren't taking as many shots as I would like either.

I'm hoping they come around because they are pretty stacked.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Regennis View Post
    Torts tweaking the lines is an understatement. He seems to be mixing up lines several times throughout the game and it's getting a bit ridiculous. Any time a line gets hot, he goes and changes it up.

There are other things. They've taken a lot of bad penalties. I think they are something like 18th in the league in penalty kills. And they can't score on power plays, but they're like that every year... I think they are dead last in PP%. They aren't taking as many shots as I would like either.

I'm hoping they come around because they are pretty stacked.
    They'll be fine. It isn't a bad idea to mix lines up all the time early on in the season. He's probably just trying to figure out the best linemates for Nash.
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Toxigen View Post
    They'll be fine. It isn't a bad idea to mix lines up all the time early on in the season. He's probably just trying to figure out the best linemates for Nash.
    It's not just now though. He's always fucked with the lines a lot during the games. I can see changing them between games to try something new, but he's not letting them get into a rhythm.

If my team was bad (wait a second), I would expect them to tank and go for a better chance at #1. If you're not a playoff team there is no point in finishing 10th or 11th. Well now a little bit of a point... but still.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Right now it's hard to say whether the Leafs should truly tank it this year. They have a lot of good talent up front, getting that true FLC would really help though. Reimer has been good even in losses, the defense needs to be better like they were in the first few games. If Kessel can get going and the other two lines score with more consistency, they will be a threat in the East. Holding onto the 7th position while playing .500 hockey isn't bad, but it shows you how weak the East is right now. If Toronto plans on making a run for the playoffs, they need to get the points early and establish a solid position. The advantage to the 48 game schedule is all the games are inter-conference which really allows teams to oust others hopes of making the playoffs.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Wow, Flyers resign Timonen 1 year / 6m. Seems really random..

source: https://twitter.com/BroadStBull/stat...43328795820033

Quote Originally Posted by Zeoni View Post
    Wow, Flyers resign Timonen 1 year / 6m. Seems really random..

source: https://twitter.com/BroadStBull/stat...43328795820033

I'm more shocked they are paying him 6 million. He's a solid defenseman but damn

Herald of the Titans Skarsguard's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Fasth is looking really good as a backup goalie he keeps this up he might take the starting job.