Yeah mostly likely some changes coming in Vancouver unless they pull a miracle.

Schneider's been injured and hasn't played in two weeks, and then is thrust into a losing situation against a team that's been making fools of the Canucks for the past two games. He didn't play as well as Luongo did, but he wasn't so much worse that the doomsaying is warranted. If anything, this should be a wake-up call for the Canucks, since they're losing 3-0 while starting two top goalies and have, what, five goals in total to be proud of?

I think the biggest - and only - change we really need this year is in the coaching staff and management. Fix some of the crap our team has to put up with behind the bench, and then work on the problems that exist within the roster. But you need a good coach to do that, and AV isn't one.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by marcelos11 View Post
    and lets not even talk about what Shea Weber deserved in last years playoffs for his grabbing of Zetterberg's head, and slamming it into the boards.
    Falk did something very similar to that to Frolik during yesterday's game. I'm kinda surprised it hasn't gotten more attention, then again I'm kind of happy since he's a huge liabilty on the ice for them. Have no idea what prompted him to do this either:

Last edited by Stommped; 2013-05-06 at 02:37 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kabookiejoez View Post
    Seems like the ones that do are brony's
    I'm a regular reader, I just rarely post.

Quote Originally Posted by Sykol View Post
    Schneider's been injured and hasn't played in two weeks, and then is thrust into a losing situation against a team that's been making fools of the Canucks for the past two games. He didn't play as well as Luongo did, but he wasn't so much worse that the doomsaying is warranted. If anything, this should be a wake-up call for the Canucks, since they're losing 3-0 while starting two top goalies and have, what, five goals in total to be proud of?

I think the biggest - and only - change we really need this year is in the coaching staff and management. Fix some of the crap our team has to put up with behind the bench, and then work on the problems that exist within the roster. But you need a good coach to do that, and AV isn't one.
    Coaching staff and management is a good start, but the goalie situation needs to be resolved. Both of them is overkill and thanks to Luongos contract he is likely unmovable. Maybe one of the bottom feeders (or the Flyers for that matter) is desperate enough to make a deal but at this point it just seems easier to trade Schneider and keep Luongo. They both play pretty much on the same level anyway, maybe a new goalie coach could try to work with Lu at his weaknesses (5-hole). But one of them has to go, and if I were in Gillis position I'd try to trade Schneider.

---------- Post added 2013-05-06 at 05:37 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Stommped View Post
    Falk did something very similar to that to Frolik during yesterday's game. I'm kinda surprised it hasn't gotten more attention, then again I'm kind of happy since he's a huge liabilty on the ice for them. Have no idea what prompted him to do this either:

[video=youtube;pjOTgDSYhQk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjOTgDSYhQk[*/video]
    Well, Weber and Zetterberg are legitimate and established stars and were in a close and heated battle between two rivals. Of course they are getting way more attention than a similar incident in a Hawks vs. Wild game.

Gallagher, Huberdeau, and Saad are the finalists for the Calder. My vote would go to Huberdeau. Kid was dynamite for the Panthers this season, and honestly didn't have much there to help him out.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raleik View Post
    Gallagher, Huberdeau, and Saad are the finalists for the Calder. My vote would go to Huberdeau. Kid was dynamite for the Panthers this season, and honestly didn't have much there to help him out.
    Canucks are pretty much done...
    I still think the Hawks will beat Minnesota which means...
    San Jose vs Chicago....
    Raffi Torres....We meet again!
    I'm bias but Saad deserves the Calder.

10+ Year Old Account
    How the fuck did Brodin not get a nomination? He averaged 23 min per game and was a lot more important for his team than Gallagher and Saad was.
    "Some people believe football is a matter of life and death, I am very disappointed with that attitude. I can assure you it is much, much more important than that".
    Bill Shankly
    "You're playing worse and worse every day and right now you're playing like it's next month".
    Herb Brooks

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sure you guys saw this but if not, picture of the entire Canadien bench late in game 3.

15+ Year Old Account
    for those who are arguing the abdelkader hit.

http://www.nightmareonhelmstreet.com...uspension.html

the picture in there quite clearly points out that contact is made and abdelkader quite clearly has BOTH feet still on the ice. furthermore, the contact is shoulder to shoulder.

CLEAN HOCKEY HIT.
    Charging at most. 2 minute minor. not a 5 minute major. not a game misconduct. not 2 game suspension.

10+ Year Old Account
    You're kidding right? A frozen image won't show him clearly leaving his feet on contact. Definite charge.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reg View Post
    You're kidding right? A frozen image won't show him clearly leaving his feet on contact. Definite charge.
    the point is, right there in that image, contact is being made, and his feet are on the ice. therefore, the leaving of his feet came AFTER contact. this is a 2 minute minor for charging at best. no 5 minute major. no game misconduct, no 2 game suspension.

10+ Year Old Account
    the point is, right there in that image, contact is being made, and his feet are on the ice. therefore, the leaving of his feet came AFTER contact. this is a 2 minute minor for charging at best. no 5 minute major. no game misconduct, no 2 game suspension.
    And guaranteed if that happened to your beloved Datsyuk, you would say the exact opposite. I can make still images of a couple of the elbowing suspensions showing it shouldn't have been a penalty because what started off as a forearm turned into an elbow. Still images don't show anything, the video at full speed does. He damn near crosses half the ice at full speed and blind sides him. Definite charging and suspension is justified.

15+ Year Old Account
    And guaranteed if that happened to your beloved Datsyuk, you would say the exact opposite. I can make still images of a couple of the elbowing suspensions showing it shouldn't have been a penalty because what started off as a forearm turned into an elbow. Still images don't show anything, the video at full speed does. He damn near crosses half the ice at full speed and blind sides him. Definite charging and suspension is justified.
    ive seen Datsyuk hit in similar fashion before. granted, Datsyuk getting hit doesn't happen often, but at most that is a charging.

show me his feet leaving the ice before contact. show me the head being hit first.

that is a clean hit. charging? yes. but since when has charging ever been a suspension?

10+ Year Old Account
    ive seen Datsyuk hit in similar fashion before. granted, Datsyuk getting hit doesn't happen often, but at most that is a charging.

show me his feet leaving the ice before contact. show me the head being hit first.

that is a clean hit. charging? yes. but since when has charging ever been a suspension?
    Not a clean hit at all. Charging has always been a penalty that can receive a major/misconduct/suspension.

42.1 Charging - A minor or major penalty shall be imposed on a player who skates or jumps into, or charges an opponent in any manner.

He was clearly leaving his feet at contact.

15+ Year Old Account
    Not a clean hit at all. Charging has always been a penalty that can receive a major/misconduct/suspension.

42.1 Charging - A minor or major penalty shall be imposed on a player who skates or jumps into, or charges an opponent in any manner.

He was clearly leaving his feet at contact.

actually no, that picture shows that, at the point of contact, his feet are still solidly on the ice. momentum change caused him to leave his feet.

10+ Year Old Account
    actually no, that picture shows that, at the point of contact, his feet are still solidly on the ice. momentum change caused him to leave his feet.
    His right foot is coming off the ice at contact... Momentum changes don't cause people to leave the ice like that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KXsLg3QXR8Q

I have no idea how you can watch this hit and not see him leaving his feet to make the hit, other than being a Detroit fan.
    Last edited by Reg; 2013-05-06 at 09:26 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    if unintentional contact with the head warrants two games. i want selanne to get suspended too for his punch to the back of dekeysers head in game 2. that was intentional, should deserve at least a game. more than 2 if abs gets 2 for his hit.

10+ Year Old Account
    if unintentional contact with the head warrants two games. i want selanne to get suspended too for his punch to the back of dekeysers head in game 2. that was intentional, should deserve at least a game. more than 2 if abs gets 2 for his hit.
    Can't comment on that one since that game wasn't on in my area and I can't find a video of it anywhere to comment.

Quote Originally Posted by Sykol View Post

It's the nucks gm that needs to be fired IMO for not getting rid of luongo for what was offered before. Not taking what was it... Bozak, kadri, scrivens and a draft pick or something? And then not to take 2 2nd rounders and just 1 mil of Lou's contract. Not completely sure if those were the exact offers, But just wow.

In case anyone from mafia calls me out for posting here and not there; I'm posting from my phone and not reading that thread until the game tonight is over.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Greeney View Post
    It's the nucks gm that needs to be fired IMO for not getting rid of luongo for what was offered before. Not taking what was it... Bozak, kadri, scrivens and a draft pick or something? And then not to take 2 2nd rounders and just 1 mil of Lou's contract. Not completely sure if those were the exact offers, But just wow.

In case anyone from mafia calls me out for posting here and not there; I'm posting from my phone and not reading that thread until the game tonight is over.
    No, that is what Gillis wanted, Nonis wasn't going to give it to him. The best offer Gillis got from Nonis was Scrivens and Bozak.