Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    So they had Tavaras - Stampkos - Couture on the same line together for the Olympic camp thing today. Yeah uh, doesn't get much better than that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeoni View Post
    So they had Tavaras - Stampkos - Couture on the same line together for the Olympic camp thing today. Yeah uh, doesn't get much better than that.
    I guess Couture is just there to complain to the refs

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeoni View Post
    Stamkos-Toews-Crosby. That line would generate a shit-ton of points.
    "Some people believe football is a matter of life and death, I am very disappointed with that attitude. I can assure you it is much, much more important than that".
    Bill Shankly
    "You're playing worse and worse every day and right now you're playing like it's next month".
    Herb Brooks

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elgefar View Post
    Stamkos-Toews-Crosby. That line would generate a shit-ton of points.
    But would be weaker defensively because Crosby is soft and can't backcheck.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    But would be weaker defensively because Crosby is soft and can't backcheck.
    but the complaining is still covered

15+ Year Old Account
    The Nike Olympic jerseys are fucking horrendous. The stars on the shoulders is dumb, the logo is the K-Swiss logo, and the fake plastic laces are just wow...

The jerseys from the last Olympics were fantastic. These are bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    they are fuck ugly indeed

Wonder how this Henrique signing will change Kadri's outlook (either more towards 'oh maybe the team is right' or further towards 'I want what I want') if it does anything at all. I don't think the rumours that he's asking for 5-6 years at 5-6M are true, but I imagine something in the area of Henrique's contract is what he's looking for (6/24M). To me, that's still too much for a player that you're essentially hoping didn't have a fluky 35 games... not to mention that would force the club's hand pretty hard on Fransson since we can't seem to move anyone else.

10+ Year Old Account
    When he sees a third line player like Clarkson get 5.25 million for 6 years, he should wait for more...
    "Some people believe football is a matter of life and death, I am very disappointed with that attitude. I can assure you it is much, much more important than that".
    Bill Shankly
    "You're playing worse and worse every day and right now you're playing like it's next month".
    Herb Brooks

Quote Originally Posted by Elgefar View Post
    When he sees a third line player like Clarkson get 5.25 million for 6 years, he should wait for more...
    Pretty much this. The Leafs can't give out a contract like that to a player like Clarkson and then turn around and try and keep their rising young talent on the cheap. That was poor decision making, and it's looking like it will cost them either Kadri or Franson. If the Leafs won't give him the contract he's looking for, someone else surely will. I'm kind of surprised we haven't seen an offer sheet yet to be honest. Someone should force the Leafs hand on this imo.

Philly probably would if they had space. Seems like a Holmgren thing to do.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Liles has to be shown the door, but you also have to think that Kadri has miles more upside the Henrique does. From what I have heard from the reports, there doesn't seem to be any friction when it comes to making a deal with either player, but it's up to Nonis to get the contracts balanced. I think both players will take bridge contracts, however the Devils massively overpaid Henrique. 4 million for a guy who has only 67 points over 3 years in 117 games? In 99 games, Kadri has 63 points and he is a +13, of course he will make more money because he is a better player, but the Devils way overpaid in my mind.

Bluejackets, Hurricanes, Flyers, Bruins, Redwings, Capitals.

Please rank those teams as you think they'd be fun to watch in a game against the islanders. I want to buy tickets. Btw I'm not a TOTAL noob, I know Bruins were in Finals but those tickets are expensive and only shitty seats are left.

10+ Year Old Account
    Of those 6 you have chosen, I would go with Red Wings - Blue Jackets - Bruins - Capitals - Flyers - Hurricanes last.
    Bill Shankly
    Herb Brooks

Red Wings > Capitals > Hurricanes > Bluejackets > Flyers > Bruins

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Bluejackets, Hurricanes, Flyers, Bruins, Redwings, Capitals.

Please rank those teams as you think they'd be fun to watch in a game against the islanders. I want to buy tickets. Btw I'm not a TOTAL noob, I know Bruins were in Finals but those tickets are expensive and only shitty seats are left.
    Red Wings> Caps>Flyers>Jackets>Canes>Bruins

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Why are we saying Bruins last? Getting to watch a skyscraper like Z play and the small chance he'll get into a fight puts them easily as #1 for me.

Bruins > Caps > Wings > Flyers > Jackets > Canes

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stommped View Post
    Why are we saying Bruins last? Getting to watch a skyscraper like Z play and the small chance he'll get into a fight puts them easily as #1 for me.

Bruins > Caps > Wings > Flyers > Jackets > Canes
    Chara was in two fights last year. Two. He has been in all of nine fights over the last five seasons. And if you want to watch him play for the excitement, I have two words for you:

Pavel
    Datsyuk

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    Chara was in two fights last year. Two. He has been in all of nine fights over the last five seasons. And if you want to watch him play for the excitement, I have two words for you:

Pavel
    Datsyuk
    Yeah my #2 was hard choosing between Pavs and Ovi. As far as Boston, I can't really explain why, I just enjoy watching 7 ft tall monsters glide around the ice.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Chara's little dance moves for that one goal he had were a thing of beauty.