Bro, we're gonna offer sheet Marner to force you to pay 13m for that kid.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Bro, we're gonna offer sheet Marner to force you to pay 13m for that kid.
    Nah, he gets his contract extension done in the new year, apparently they are already working on the deal with his agent. It'll be around 10 million a year I think, and that's more than reasonable. They won't be letting it go to July 1st that's for sure.

It's just ugly right now so I'm expecting Poile to make a move to shake up the room. We have some guys ( including the coaches) who have just gotten way too comfortable. Oh yeah Turris out again.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nazrark View Post
    I agree that players stepping up and getting the team to places. But for McJesus, he is doing it in spite of his team. His team by any metric should not be where it is. If not for Hitch coming in and doing what he does. That team is a bottom dweller. The Hockey Writers Association has a hard on for McDavid because he is the best player on the planet. Their narrative should be that he should win the award every year. It takes someone doing a monumental task to beat him (Taylor Hall).

If it is anything like the Lou Marsh Award. People were not happy that Kingsbury won it instead of Brooke Henderson or McDavid. The media has a massive rock hard erection for McDavid. Their coverage of McDavid is only outdone by the coverage of the Leafs.
    FWIW, McDavid isn't playing an individual sport, I don't think he should ever be considered for the Lou Marsh award. Brooke Henderson is arguably Canada's best athlete in an individual sport. Kingsbury desrved the award though, he's been dominant the last few years in an individual sport as well. Both of them are the best in non team sports.

10+ Year Old Account
    I will most certainly be going to the 2019 Winter Classic in Regina. Mosaic is a great place, I've been there for one of the Sask-Win games.
    Last edited by Nazrark; 2019-01-01 at 11:42 PM.

I know this is the NHL thread but since there is no other: Canada without silverware for the first time in a home-tournament by being beat by Finland in the quarterfinals of the WJC 2019! What a victory!

Quote Originally Posted by Henx View Post
    I know this is the NHL thread but since there is no other: Canada without silverware for the first time in a home-tournament by being beat by Finland in the quarterfinals of the WJC 2019! What a victory!
    UPL, Finland's goalie, is a Sabres prospect, so I've been watching all of Finland's goals. Can't wait til Ullmark and UPL are our goalies, I'm tired of small goalies like Hutton.

15+ Year Old Account
    UPL, Finland's goalie, is a Sabres prospect, so I've been watching all of Finland's goals. Can't wait til Ullmark and UPL are our goalies, I'm tired of small goalies like Hutton.
    UPL is really good. I like the calmness of his style. Reminds me of Pekka Rinne.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    UPL is really good. I like the calmness of his style. Reminds me of Pekka Rinne.
    Pekka's calmness is a rather recent development in his game. In his early years he was all over the place and his play was anything but calm. Usually when he gets in a slump now it's because he starts to revert back to that and just fights everything. Oddly enough Saros has the same issue when he is off.

Seems like LA traded Muzzin to us.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Greeney View Post
    Seems like LA traded Muzzin to us.
    Another good old Taranah boy coming home!

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh god the West is having issues this year. That is even if I take the Edmonton McDavids out of the equation. I watched an utterly disinterested team tonight. Like the Buffalo Bills in week 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Nazrark View Post
    Oh god the West is having issues this year. That is even if I take the Edmonton McDavids out of the equation. I watched an utterly disinterested team tonight. Like the Buffalo Bills in week 2.
    Why are you trying to hurt me?

The Sabres are the 3rd worst team in the NHL since November. It's been a cold, bitter winter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why are you trying to hurt me?

The Sabres are the 3rd worst team in the NHL since November. It's been a cold, bitter winter.
    When you tell people their record and then others wonder who else is worse. I honestly feel bad for Buffalo people in general. They’ve got bad GMs running their organizations for a long time . The Sabres have got one that is genuinely trying to build a contender. But the players aren’t doing what they are capable of doing.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Buffalo was trending in the right direction early in the season, I really don't know what's been happening lately though. Their goaltending hasn't been as good and they look a bit porous on the back end. The Skinner/Eichel combo looked like world beaters but the rest of the team needs to step the fuck up.

Talking about failures of teams, the Ducks are a fucking mess.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Buffalo was trending in the right direction early in the season, I really don't know what's been happening lately though. Their goaltending hasn't been as good and they look a bit porous on the back end. The Skinner/Eichel combo looked like world beaters but the rest of the team needs to step the fuck up.

Talking about failures of teams, the Ducks are a fucking mess.
    Their goaltending in the beginning of the season was hovering around .930, now it's around .905 (and that's factoring in the early season success). Our defense is slow and bad outside of Dahlin, another Swedish kid we have Pilut, and maybe McCabe and Ristolainen. Bogosian I feel I can safely say is a bust for a #3 pick, he's been completely healthy this season and is still shit, Scandella is a fucking nightmare on skates. We have maybe a pair-and-a-half on defense worth putting on the ice.

Oh Edmonton. Never stop.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    The dumpster fire in Edmonton continues. Talbot traded to the Flyers for Stolerz, then they trade for Sam Gagner, who is playing in the AHL for the Toronto Marlies because I guess the Canucks didn't want him on their AHL roster.

15+ Year Old Account
    How many goalies has Flyers had this season...?
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    How many goalies has Flyers had this season...?
    It has been quite the historic season for the Flyers. Just trying to replicate Vegas' success.