I can live with the Rangers. Not a good team, really.

Any hockey fans who missed that TB CBJ game missed out. 5 OT’s and they were all giving maximum effort the entire time.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Any hockey fans who missed that TB CBJ game missed out. 5 OT’s and they were all giving maximum effort the entire time.
    I started watching it from the first puck drop. I eventually took a shower, a nap, and made dinner and I still sat down and watched the last 3 OT periods. Those guys gotta be hurting this morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Armourboy View Post
    I started watching it from the first puck drop. I eventually took a shower, a nap, and made dinner and I still sat down and watched the last 3 OT periods. Those guys gotta be hurting this morning.
    And because their game took 6 hours to complete we get the Boston Carolina game this morning.

Imagine that... giving maximum effort.

Quote Originally Posted by Greeney View Post
    Imagine that... giving maximum effort.
    When I say that I mean until the game ended everyone was skating as if it was their first shift. In most games that go super long you see guys getting gassed.

When I say that I mean until the game ended everyone was skating as if it was their first shift. In most games that go super long you see guys getting gassed.
    I was just commenting about how my team lacked interest in giving effort.

Tuuka Rask opts out in the middle of Round 1.

I hope everything is alright with him, I appreciate him waiting to make sure the Leafs were eliminated.

Titan
    Speaking of lacking effort, Rask was about as mediocre a goalie as there has been this playoffs. Looked like garbage in the round robin games as well. It's probably for the best that he's out, it was obvious he had given up on the team, now it's just official.

I'm not gonna give anyone crap for wanting to be at home with their family during something like this. Something tells me it took a bunch of convincing to get him there in the first place.

If he wasn't feeling it he's better off and so is the team.

I am all about the Habs. But I was super disappointed to see players start getting hurt for the Jets again. It is what has been happening all season long for them. Little is 99% sure he won’t play hockey ever again. At least professionally.

Titan
    Sounds like Mike Millbury got yanked from the US broadcasts after he made some sexist remarks during a game earlier this week. I hope he gets his ass booted from hockey for life because he's just such a stupid useless tool.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Sounds like Mike Millbury got yanked from the US broadcasts after he made some sexist remarks during a game earlier this week. I hope he gets his ass booted from hockey for life because he's just such a stupid useless tool.
    He said "maybe hockey is better in a bubble because women are a distraction." By far not the worst thing he's ever said, but probably the straw that broke the camel's back.

Titan
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    He said "maybe hockey is better in a bubble because women are a distraction." By far not the worst thing he's ever said, but probably the straw that broke the camel's back.
    Yeah, kinda like Don Cherry's stupidity there last year that got him sacked, eventually you can only get away with saying bigoted things so many times before you get sent packing. I don't think Milbury was officially canned, but he likely will be if NBC has any brains

I've never understood why Milbury as a color guy was a thing anyways, he's never been good at it.

Quote Originally Posted by Armourboy View Post
    I've never understood why Milbury as a color guy was a thing anyways, he's never been good at it.
    Milbury is the prime example of the Old Boys Club. He has made enough friends high up that they won't let him sink.

Titan
    Quote Originally Posted by Nazrark View Post
    Milbury is the prime example of the Old Boys Club. He has made enough friends high up that they won't let him sink.
    I have a feeling they will this time. Hockey is trying to get rid of that Old Boys Club moniker, that's why Don Cherry is gone, Mike Milbury is next to get the axe. Those who don't evolve and adapt in hockey broadcasting and keep on with the same tired diatribe that those guys have both spouted, are the ones shown the door.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    I have a feeling they will this time. Hockey is trying to get rid of that Old Boys Club moniker, that's why Don Cherry is gone, Mike Milbury is next to get the axe. Those who don't evolve and adapt in hockey broadcasting and keep on with the same tired diatribe that those guys have both spouted, are the ones shown the door.
    We have a radio show in Buffalo, 2 hours EVERY DAY just dedicated to hockey, called The Instigators. It's anchored by two fourth liners we once had who were, at best, enforcers, good at fighting. All they do every day is bitch about how soft the game is, and all the retired old men who are listening to the radio from 10-12 every day call in and talk about how Jack Eichel has no guts and doesn't deserve the C because he isn't a real leader of men.

Titan
    We have a radio show in Buffalo, 2 hours EVERY DAY just dedicated to hockey, called The Instigators. It's anchored by two fourth liners we once had who were, at best, enforcers, good at fighting. All they do every day is bitch about how soft the game is, and all the retired old men who are listening to the radio from 10-12 every day call in and talk about how Jack Eichel has no guts and doesn't deserve the C because he isn't a real leader of men.
    Thankfully not all older hockey fans are stuck in the old ways. My grandfather loves watching this generation of the Leafs, same with the Jays. It's not old time hockey, but when you are in your 90's and you've seen a lot in life, it's great to watch these young kids play and it can be thrilling. Old time hockey of guys beating the crap out of one another is nothing more than a meme for most of the young players today.

Winnipeg's TSN radio has this problem. It's why I will listen to Overdrive in Toronto rather than my own city.