10+ Year Old Account
    Is Corey Perry really going to lose in the finals for the third consecutive year? Because I love that.
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    Is Corey Perry really going to lose in the finals for the third consecutive year? Because I love that.
    Colorado Avalanche win the CUP! Hurray, anytime a team from Tampa loses it's a good thing.

GIVE ME BACK MY THRASHERS YOU CANDIAN WINNEPEG THIEVES!!!!

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    Thank god. Rats don't deserve Cups.

The NHL draft is so boring and uneventful. Started 20 minutes ago and they haven't even made the first pick yet.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hockey szn is upon us fam

Sabres have a good young core. Dunno what that translates to this year, and the Atlantic is always a fucking bitch and a half, but at least they should be fun.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Sabres have a good young core. Dunno what that translates to this year, and the Atlantic is always a fucking bitch and a half, but at least they should be fun.
    This year is gonna be a crapshoot for the Atlantic. Tampa and Toronto are the top two (hinging a lot on our goaltending not being complete ass with Murray and Samsonov), Boston may be third but I doubt it since they lost Krejci to retirement and their first line is another year older and how much can they carry a team that is lacking depth up front and on D. Alternatively, I think the Panthers are going to fight for that 3rd spot as well. After that, who really knows. I don't know much about who Buffalo and Detroit have drafted, but I'd expect them to be more competitive. The Habs are going to be in the basement alongside them.

Sabres off to a good start, and more importantly it doesn't seem lucky or coincidental.

Dahlin has scored 5 straight games to set a new NHL record for defensemen for goal streaks to start a season. Only the 13th defensemen in the past 20 years to have a streak of 5 games at any point. Also Alex Tuch continues to have more goals than Eichel, and Tuch was the consolation prize for us trading Eichel.

Still early though so I imagine the Leafs will somehow grind out 108 points and lose in the first round while we miss the playoffs.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Early season injuries aside, Tavares has come out swinging to start the season. The first line isn't producing, but it's kinda absurd that they didn't really capitalize against Vegas despite having some insanely good chances the other night. But they'll find their game soon enough.

Sabres ended October by pasting the Red Wings (who are supposedly decent) 8-3, and are second in the division.

They've had good Octobers before, though, and fallen apart in Dec/Jan, so we'll hold off for now. Until they're in the playoffs I won't consider it a good season.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Lol Devils fans absolutely malding after they had 3 goals waved off against the Leafs. The first for goaltender interference in the crease, the second for goaltender interference in the trapezoid and the third for kicking the puck in the net.

I think people conflate consulting the referee crew in Toronto with bias towards the Leafs. It does seem sus to me, but it's just a bit too conspiracy-y for me.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think people conflate consulting the referee crew in Toronto with bias towards the Leafs. It does seem sus to me, but it's just a bit too conspiracy-y for me.
    The Hockey Hall of Fame is in Toronto but it doesn't give any bias to Toronto players

Murray barely moves against a slap shot he can’t stop, Bastian in the blue but never touches him, but interference…subjective call. Bumped in the trap??, dude Murray was halfway up his zone on that one. Tatar tries to kicks it to himself and fucks that up but it bounces off a Leaf into the net. As the rules stands, they got it 100% right, but fuck man kicking motions were meant to stop an intentional scrambled kick in to push it across, not every incidental call out there.

1&2 are subjective, due to them being called that way originally.

Craziest part of that night was the first ref comically slipped and called it a good goal when announcing.

Quote Originally Posted by RCA View Post
    Murray barely moves against a slap shot he can’t stop, Bastian in the blue but never touches him, but interference…subjective call. Bumped in the trap??, dude Murray was halfway up his zone on that one. Tatar tries to kicks it to himself and fucks that up but it bounces off a Leaf into the net. As the rules stands, they got it 100% right, but fuck man kicking motions were meant to stop an intentional scrambled kick in to push it across, not every incidental call out there.

1&2 are subjective, due to them being called that way originally.

Craziest part of that night was the first ref comically slipped and called it a good goal when announcing.
    Who picked the NHL all-star uniforms? Almost can't tell who is who...

I actually like the black and pink ones. Very California themed.

10+ Year Old Account
    I actually like the black and pink ones. Very California themed.
    Err, how do you figure?
    /s

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think it was supposed to be Miami Vice themed. Didn't watch the ASG, I don't really care about glorified pond hockey.

it was the underpants gnomes and timeskips...but tonight was special, this reminder doesn't help tho
    @Logwyn

Quote Originally Posted by RCA View Post
    it was the underpants gnomes and timeskips...but tonight was special, this reminder doesn't help tho
    @Logwyn
    Good to know!!!!!