10+ Year Old Account
    Dang was kind of hoping winnipeg would win this first game to make thes eries a bit more interesting. I mean they still could obviously.
    You're a towel.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    So that was interesting in the WPG-ANA game. No goal was called but after the next stop because of a penalty on ANA(minute or so later) they reviewed the play and called good goal. They put the time back to what it was when the goal was scored but the penalty on ANA stayed. So essentially the penalty and goal on ANA occurred at the same time per the box score. I had always thought all action after the goal would be wiped out.

I decided to look up the rule and found a good article explaining the rule here: http://www2.tsn.ca/blogs/kerry_fraser/?id=446724

I'm trying to think if this rule could be changed, but the only thing I can think of is if the referee on the ice can use his judgement on whether he thinks something is close enough to be reviewed. Then it can function like a delayed penalty and let play continue while the team who might have scored has the puck, but blow the play dead as soon as the other team possesses and review it.

Waiting for the outlier where play goes abnormally long and we have like 10 minutes of pointless hockey to be wound back. Also the rule specifically states only penalties on the goal scoring team will be enforced, penalties on the team getting scored on gets wiped out (unless the penalty occurs after the whistle). What would happen if a Subban type penalty happens during play before the review? The 5 minute major and Game Misconduct get thrown and PK gets to stay in the game? Feels like wonky stuff can happen.
    Last edited by Stommped; 2015-04-17 at 05:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stommped View Post
    Waiting for the outlier where play goes abnormally long and we have like 10 minutes of pointless hockey to be wound back. Also the rule specifically states only penalties on the goal scoring team will be enforced, penalties on the team getting scored on gets wiped out (unless the penalty occurs after the whistle. What would happen if a Subban type penalty happens during play before the review? The 5 minute major and Game Misconduct get thrown and PK gets to stay in the game? Feels like wonky stuff can happen.
    Unless I'm misreading something because I'm tired, I think the last bullet point in your article covers it...
    "• *If an infraction happens after the first stoppage of play following an apparent goal (i.e. infraction committed by Mark Fraser or a Preds player occurred after the whistle) by either team, it is assessed and served in the normal manner regardless as to the decision rendered by the Video Goal Judge."

Either way, they're not going to let a player back into the game after ejecting him.
    -

Perry got points on all of Anaheims goals, hope he continues to be a thorn in the Thrasher's side.

10+ Year Old Account
    Rewatching the wild game it's kind of crazy how dominant our first two periods were, the blues fans were so pissed, not sure if that will matter or not.inthink if the wild score first next game the Blues fans might just revolt or something
    You're a towel.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Greeney View Post
    Unless I'm misreading something because I'm tired, I think the last bullet point in your article covers it...
    "• *If an infraction happens after the first stoppage of play following an apparent goal (i.e. infraction committed by Mark Fraser or a Preds player occurred after the whistle) by either team, it is assessed and served in the normal manner regardless as to the decision rendered by the Video Goal Judge."

Either way, they're not going to let a player back into the game after ejecting him.
    -

Perry got points on all of Anaheims goals, hope he continues to be a thorn in the Thrasher's side.
    I read that point is if the penalty occurs after the whistle, i.e. fighting or something. Subban's slash happened during live play so the first stoppage of play following an apparent goal hadn't occurred yet. (in our make believe world)

10+ Year Old Account
    Def a strange thing. Is their a limit on how much gameplay can be rewound? I've never seen this happen in a game I watched.
    You're a towel.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    Def a strange thing. Is their a limit on how much gameplay can be rewound? I've never seen this happen in a game I watched.
    Two strange things in the first two days. Could you imagine the outrage of the play if Winnipeg scored a goal on the back swing after the Anaheim goal and only Anaheim got the goal because of awful Ref work.

Well I get to watch game two tonight. Frankly its either do or die. I don't see it happening, especially if our center group looks like Ribs - Jarnkrok/Santorelli - Cullen. That's about as weak as it gets.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone see the DET-TBL game last night?

Originally I thought that this would be a good match up for Tampa but after sending 46 shots at the kid and only getting 2 through I'm concerned. Given it looked like he was doing his best price impression and I don't think that will last, but it could last long enough to get them through the series. Either way DET can't give up that many shots. There is no success coming from a team that gives up that much.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-Signature by Winter Blossom-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

fuck yeah ticket for sunday is in the bag.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Last weird thing I'll mention about that Perry reviewed goal, it goes in the books as a short handed goal because the penalty on ANA that got rolled back was at the same time. So short handed goal for Perry in the official record books despite both teams having no one in the penalty box.

- - - Updated - - -

That Backstrom goal was awesome

bring on sunday, jesus christ this series is going to be amazing.

There's so many penalties being handed out the boxscore is still updating, it's been like 10 minutes now.

Curious though if the double misconduct to Hamhuis and Engelland means they're suspended next game. Not sure why Dorsett isn't getting double game misconduct either for going back at Engelland the second time. What a cluster fuck lol.
    Last edited by Tradewind; 2015-04-18 at 04:58 AM.

Game 2 and the Preds eat the Hawks 6 - 2...and I had to miss it because of work. GOD. DAMN. IT.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Dorsett woulden't fight Ferland in game 1, suddenly wants to fight Engelland when it's 2 vs 1 with his boyfriend Dan Hamhuis. Hilarious, that guy tried to fight Gaudreau before and has fought Ryan Nugent-Hopkins in the past. Shows you how tough he is. Can't wait for game 3 baby, it'll be fun beaking a buncha bandwagon loser fans!

Oh fuck I guess only Engelland got the double misconduct, how fucked is that considering Hamhuis was the 3rd man in?

Quote Originally Posted by Zeoni View Post
    Dorsett woulden't fight Ferland in game 1, suddenly wants to fight Engelland when it's 2 vs 1 with his boyfriend Dan Hamhuis. Hilarious, that guy tried to fight Gaudreau before and has fought Ryan Nugent-Hopkins in the past. Shows you how tough he is. Can't wait for game 3 baby, it'll be fun beaking a buncha bandwagon loser fans!
    Totally fucked. I can't wait for sunday, got my ticket...going in loud!

If only we could champion a "Dorsett is a fucking caveman!" chant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dorsett has also had plenty of fights against guys like Maroon this year, so I don't know where you get off calling him chickenshit - he fights up most of the time.

I'm not saying that I would disagree with Tradewind's caveman chant, and I didn't see him back off from Engelland in G1, but he has fought with anyone who wanted to go all season.

On another note, I can't wait for game three either, but you can stow your "Canucks fans are loser bandwagoners" rhetoric. People can be fans of different hockey clubs without being cunts to one another, even when they're divisional rivals. And all hockey clubs have bandwagons - that doesn't mean they don't also have loyal fanbases.

Oh, and I thought I heard that Hamhuis got a two misconducts and that Engelland got three.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

So many empty seats.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    Dorsett has also had plenty of fights against guys like Maroon this year, so I don't know where you get off calling him chickenshit - he fights up most of the time.

I'm not saying that I would disagree with Tradewind's caveman chant, and I didn't see him back off from Engelland in G1, but he has fought with anyone who wanted to go all season.

On another note, I can't wait for game three either, but you can stow your "Canucks fans are loser bandwagoners" rhetoric. People can be fans of different hockey clubs without being cunts to one another, even when they're divisional rivals. And all hockey clubs have bandwagons - that doesn't mean they don't also have loyal fanbases.

Oh, and I thought I heard that Hamhuis got a two misconducts and that Engelland got three.
    In that particular instance, he didn't go Ferland in game one for no reason and fights this one when it's 2v1 in game 2. Most of my hate was directed at Hamhuis, god that guy is soft. And come on man, beaking Canuck fans is all part of the game. It's not like I'm fighting them or anything but you gotta let them know who's city they're in, even if they know it already .

10+ Year Old Account
    In that particular instance, he didn't go Ferland in game one for no reason and fights this one when it's 2v1 in game 2. Most of my hate was directed at Hamhuis, god that guy is soft. And come on man, beaking Canuck fans is all part of the game. It's not like I'm fighting them or anything but you gotta let them know who's city they're in, even if they know it already .
    I don't know - I get that some people love to beak other teams' fans, but I think it's more fun to have a respectful rivalry than one where you just cuss each other out.
    Last edited by jackofwind; 2015-04-18 at 06:12 AM.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    I don't know - I get that some people love to beak other teams' fans, but I think it's more fun to have a respectful rivalry than one where you just cuss each other out.
    Goes both ways. I see someone with a Canucks jersey, I'll let them know that I think the Canucks suck. They'll flip me the bird and we'll both laugh and carry on with our days. I didn't know there was such thing as a respectful rivalry, especially not in a Canucks/Flames playoff series. All the best rivalries are fueled by hate but at the end of the day it's a game. The only people who take it too seriously are drunken idiots who fight each other and spend a night in the drunk tank. Montreal/Boston would suck if it was a "respectful rivalry" and so would ours.