Gonna be real fun for Pittsburgh to beat whoever comes out of tbl/tor/bos

After last night a Nashville/ Winnipeg series would be nuts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Armourboy View Post
    After last night a Nashville/ Winnipeg series would be nuts.
    Should make a bet if it does happen.

And the x's begin.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Man, Habs fans were salty as hell after putting up a donut against the Leafs. We could very well see TB/TOR as a first round match. They play one another Tuesday, TB has two more games against Boston which they are likely to lose if Saturday is any indication.

So uh Pekka Rinne is starting to get talk for the Hart Trophy. Apparently some of his stats are better ( if not all of them ) than when Price won the Trophy. He has pretty much been nuts since the first of the year and was having a very good season to begin with.

2.21 GAA
    .931 SV%
    40 wins and 8 shutouts
    Best SV% in the league for high danger chances
    Quality start % is .692 which is the highest in the league in the last 4 year. Carey Price was at .591 when he won the Hart.

10+ Year Old Account
    So uh Pekka Rinne is starting to get talk for the Hart Trophy. Apparently some of his stats are better ( if not all of them ) than when Price won the Trophy. He has pretty much been nuts since the first of the year and was having a very good season to begin with.

2.21 GAA
    .931 SV%
    40 wins and 8 shutouts
    Best SV% in the league for high danger chances
    Quality start % is .692 which is the highest in the league in the last 4 year. Carey Price was at .591 when he won the Hart.
    I'd be happy to see Rinne get some recognition, he's been playing well this year.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    I'd be happy to see Rinne get some recognition, he's been playing well this year.
    I'd just be happy to see him get the Vezina. He's had some really good seasons before but always seems to not really get the attention. Granted he's had several cut short by injury as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    He has been great. I am just waiting to see if the hard on for McDavid getting the Hart will still be there when award times come around.

I get that he is the best player in the league right now. But his team is awful. Great players bring their linemates up with them. That can't be said for McDavid.

I don't think McDavid will win. It's gotta be insanely rare for someone to win it who isn't on a playoff team. If Colorado can make the playoffs McKinnon gets my vote if I'm going to vote for Forward.

Feel like shy of having a horrendous season Rinne will win Vezina, maybe Vaslevsky. Id love Andersen to get nominated, but feel like Fleury or Rask are put above him. Hart, I can see any of those goalies or MacKinnon, Kucherov, Kopitar, Ovechkin and maybe even Laine or Hall over McDavid.

I just think there are far too many deserving players this season for it to be handed to a guy on a non-playoff team, even if his name is McDavid.

10 games in 17 days and I think the only non-playoff team we get is one game against Buffalo. Gonna be a rough stretch to end the season on.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just think there are far too many deserving players this season for it to be handed to a guy on a non-playoff team, even if his name is McDavid.

10 games in 17 days and I think the only non-playoff team we get is one game against Buffalo. Gonna be a rough stretch to end the season on.
    I think McDavid is a fantastic player but he's going to be another Ovie instead of a Crosby as far as hardware is concerned if he ends up staying in Edmonton.

I also think he can't possibly win the Hart if he's not performing in the playoffs.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nazrark View Post
    He has been great. I am just waiting to see if the hard on for McDavid getting the Hart will still be there when award times come around.

I get that he is the best player in the league right now. But his team is awful. Great players bring their linemates up with them. That can't be said for McDavid.
    I don't think anyone on a losing team should be league MVP. Honestly, you can't be a successful team in the NHL without an ace goalie, it's my opinion that the goalie should be the more likely candidate for MVP because those guys backstop your team to wins. That's a harder job than putting up points.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Greeney View Post
    Feel like shy of having a horrendous season Rinne will win Vezina, maybe Vaslevsky. Id love Andersen to get nominated, but feel like Fleury or Rask are put above him. Hart, I can see any of those goalies or MacKinnon, Kucherov, Kopitar, Ovechkin and maybe even Laine or Hall over McDavid.
    Considering how awful our D is, Andersen should be a lock for a Vezina nomination. Christ, last night was a prime example of how shit we can be.

10+ Year Old Account
    I still believe McDavid will be a finalist because the writers are stupid for the most part. Take a look at the scoring sheet and whose name do you recognize. Good thing they are publicizing their votes this year.

In all honesty, with the lack of a clear #1 outstanding player. Goalies have a great shot at it. The Hart will be a close one this year. The other trophies might not be so close. The only other one will probably be the Norris. Which we still don't have an outstanding D-man this year. Top 3 of 5 point D-men are minuses. Doughty, Hedman and Subban have the closest to high points and high +/-.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    What a disappointing end to the season lol. Was hoping to at least go out with a bang not a whimper. Tkachuk is more valuable to this team than most people know

Quote Originally Posted by Zeoni View Post
    What a disappointing end to the season lol. Was hoping to at least go out with a bang not a whimper. Tkachuk is more valuable to this team than most people know
    What happened to him. And I know the feeling on losing a guy, Jarnkrok is one of those guys for us and was having his best season and playing strictly 3rd line to boot.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeoni View Post
    Someone on Reddit says if you guys miss playoffs the only picks you have are like 4, 6, 7. Good luck if that's the case.

As far as tkatchuk goes I was really hoping to have traded for him in that draft. Really would have gone great finishing chances from our big 3 especially with his history with marner.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dang, I went out for dinner and missed a Kopitar hat trick. This is what happens when you figure you'll at least be able to watch half the game and its already a 5-1 lead midway through. I blame the mountain timezone.

- - - Updated - - -

At least I got to see goal #4
    Last edited by draynay; 2018-03-23 at 03:22 AM.

Home stretch, time to secure last place for the Sabres and hope we win the Rasmus Dahlin lottery. I hate the new lottery, btw, and I know it was changed because of the tanking we partly contributed to, but I still hate it.