Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Gotta love the refs handing this game to Washington by giving the Leafs weak ass penalties. Someone must be jelly the Leafs are playing so well. Also, Toronto sucks in back to back games, the league needs to get rid of them just like they do shootouts.

Washington's outplaying us, and we're exhausted from 3 games in 4 nights, can't blame the refs here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ready to go wild? TSN is expecting six outdoor games to happen NEXT YEAR! Detroit/Toronto at the Big House, Rangers/Islanders at Yankee Stadium, Rangers/Devils at Yankee Stadium, Ducks/Kings at Dodger Stadium, Sens/Canucks at BC Place, AND most importantly PENGUINS/BLACKHAWKS AT SOLDIER FIELD!

Back to back games are just a part of the league, especially in a year like this. You don't get them often in the playoffs (like seriously, very rarely, and only ever due to weird scheduling issues), and I think they're actually good for your team in the regular season. Tests your team's mettle in a kind of similar way to a 7 game series (in terms of the physical toll on the body and mind, as well as making sure you're in peak condition.

15+ Year Old Account
    unless your a chicago or detroit fan i don't want to hear you talk about back to back games. those two teams have 12 sets of back to backs (half the season).

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Kind of why I said the league needs to get rid of shootouts and back to back games so that we can have regular overtime like the old days.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Kind of why I said the league needs to get rid of shootouts and back to back games so that we can have regular overtime like the old days.
    Back to back games aren't likely to go away anytime soon.
    Now shootouts... I think every real hockey fan wants that to disafuckinppear.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Greeney View Post
    Back to back games aren't likely to go away anytime soon.
    Shootouts are fun to watch when it's not your team involved. Though I definitely wouldn't mind 20 mins of 4 on 4 first before they go to the SO.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Why are the refs always an issue in Toronto games but not as many other games?

Obviously because the refs are out to get Toronto.

Quote Originally Posted by Greeney View Post
    Nope. But it makes no sense in a 2-point system. Move to 3, and it makes all the sense. (awarding 3 points in a 2-point system makes as little sense as awarding 2 points in a 3-point system).
    3 point systems are superior in either event.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeoni View Post
    Why are the refs always an issue in Toronto games but not as many other games?
    Because they make the worst fucking calls against us and constantly throw our players out of the faceoff circle, delaying the game. Then they go and ignore blatantly obvious hooks and high sticks that even people on TV can see.

---------- Post added 2013-04-17 at 05:55 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    Nope. But it makes no sense in a 2-point system. Move to 3, and it makes all the sense. (awarding 3 points in a 2-point system makes as little sense as awarding 2 points in a 3-point system).
    3 point systems are superior in either event.
    The 3 point system gives teams who don't deserve it, point gains. Just look at Ottawa, they probably wouldn't be in a playoff position if it wasn't for the 3 point system.

The 3 point system gives teams who don't deserve it, point gains. Just look at Ottawa, they probably wouldn't be in a playoff position if it wasn't for the 3 point system.
    FWIW, I refer to the NHL as a 2-point system, albeit manhandled.

It ONLY happens to Toronto, too. There's literally never any instances where the exact same things happen to other teams over and over again. It's outrageous!

10+ Year Old Account
    Because they make the worst fucking calls against us and constantly throw our players out of the faceoff circle, delaying the game. Then they go and ignore blatantly obvious hooks and high sticks that even people on TV can see.
    Then you obviously only watch Toronto games...

So 50 points out of 1st place in the MMO Champion Yahoo Fantasy Hockey Pool with a week and a half left. I'm so going to win.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Detroit gets their look at the Abbotsford Heat tonight, GOOD LUCK!

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Garbles View Post
    Ducks/Kings at Dodger Stadium,
    How in the world is that supposed to work?

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    It won't. NHL management is stoned out of their minds if they think that having multiple outdoor games will interest fans or work in some of the proposed markets. Even BC place in Vancouver, terrible idea, Vancouver is one of the warmest areas in Canada during the winter, unless they want to try and chop a section of a mountain off and put the game up there :P

10+ Year Old Account
    It won't. NHL management is stoned out of their minds if they think that having multiple outdoor games will interest fans or work in some of the proposed markets.
    You can debate the merits of some locations from a practicality perspective, but OF COURSE, more games would interest more fans, I have never watched one of the outdoor games, I don't care about the teams that have been involved, Ducks and Kings? you bet your ass I'd watch that, I'd scramble to be there.