Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I hope Rennedrel is okay

I'm just shocked I haven't read something about the Refs yet lol

Quote Originally Posted by Armourboy View Post
    lol, so am i, especially in the caps/rangers series..... caps blew it for themselves in tonights game 7 though

Quote Originally Posted by Zeoni View Post
    I hope Rennedrel is okay
    Heart attack. Calling it now.

It sucks, but we played probably our toughest rival in current NHL term's to a full 7 games after going down 3-1. I'm extremely happy just too see how well they played, with experience they will be an amazing team. I have zero to be disappointed as a fan, its a heart breaker, but the future is REALLY bright.

Penguins vs Senators = Pens in 6
    New York vs Boston = New York in 6, Boston just looks too tired and New York is playing amazingly good defensive hockey right now.

San Jose vs LA = LA in 5
    Detroit vs Chicago = Chicago in 6

And meh, I expect as much from Nuck fans.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoma View Post
    Pittsburgh vs New York Islanders - Pittsburgh in 5
    Montreal vs Ottawa - Montreal in 7
    Washington vs New York Rangers - Washington in 6
    Boston vs Toronto - Boston in 6
    Only one right in the East. 3/8

Western Conference Semi-Finals

Chicago vs Detroit - Chicago in 6
    Los Angeles vs San Jose - San Jose in 7
    Eastern Conference Semi-Finals

Pittsburgh vs Ottawa - Ottawa in 7
    Boston vs New York - Boston in 6

---------- Post added 2013-05-13 at 08:05 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Juno86 View Post
    And meh, I expect as much from Nuck fans.
    Because it's not like Toronto fans have been trashing the Nucks all playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    It was like 6 pages back, I had to go hunting to see if anyone noticed Creimer. Plus I was watching the game...Lucic then Bergeron's 3rd period goals...I won't lie, I was totally doing this:

I was doing the same thing 3 years ago, but I don't think this was quite as devastating.

Because it's not like the Nucks have trashed the Leafs since this thread started?

Quote Originally Posted by Armourboy View Post
    I did complain earlier, but I don't blame them for the loss; Some more horrid calls tonight, but we blew it badly.

===============================

Kings - 4
    Penguins - 5
    Rangers - 6
    Hawks - 7 [Just something about the rivalry that I feel will bring out the best in the Wings].
    Last edited by Greeney; 2013-05-14 at 03:18 AM.

Well, we only had 4 games to get our shots in >.>

I kid, I kid.

To be honest, the amount of hate for Toronto by Nucks fan's still blows me away.

I kid, I kid.

To be honest, the amount of hate for Toronto by Nucks fan's still blows me away.
    I blame all the homers on CBC/TSN for encouraging the Leafs hate in the west.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't hate Toronto. I hate people who constantly trash talk Vancouver, and it usually feels like the Toronto fans doing it outnumber the Chicago and Boston fans combined, though this could be because there are a lot more Toronto fans overall in this thread.

On an unrelated note, I wish there was a way that everyone in this thread had an avatar related to their team, that only appeared when they are posting in this thread, in case they wanted no avatar/ a different avatar for other threads.

Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    I blame all the homers on CBC/TSN for encouraging the Leafs hate in the west.
    As I've posted before, CBC and TSN are both based in Toronto, Toronto is the largest hockey market in the world. They are in the business of making money, they would be INSANE not to have a little centric coverage of the Leafs. And if they are real homers, how come not a single analyst on either TSN or CBC predicted the Leafs to win?

15+ Year Old Account
    Kings over sharks in 5
    Hawks over Wings in 6
    Sens over Pens in 7
    Rangers over Bruins in 6 (4 if Lundy plays the way he did in the last two games)

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow what a game. Can't really believe it I thought Boston was done like dinner. Oh well. All will fall before the might of the Blackhawks.

As I've posted before, CBC and TSN are both based in Toronto, Toronto is the largest hockey market in the world. They are in the business of making money, they would be INSANE not to have a little centric coverage of the Leafs. And if they are real homers, how come not a single analyst on either TSN or CBC predicted the Leafs to win?
    Because they would run the risk of confirming it to the entire world that they are all ball cupping homers :P It's also a bit of reserved optimism...had they won the tone would have changed to "Nobody could have predicted the Leafs would be in round 2..." It's easier to prop up an underdog.

But just listen to the commentary in a game...even tonight...it wasn't "oh Boston made a good play" it's "Toronto made a bad decision."

I don't hate Toronto. I hate people who constantly trash talk Vancouver, and it usually feels like the Toronto fans doing it outnumber the Chicago and Boston fans combined, though this could be because there are a lot more Toronto fans overall in this thread.

On an unrelated note, I wish there was a way that everyone in this thread had an avatar related to their team, that only appeared when they are posting in this thread, in case they wanted no avatar/ a different avatar for other threads.
    Canucks were my second favourite team as a kid; Bure was my favourite player and I liked the Canucks in the Naslund era too. Attitude of Vancouver fans made me hate your team with a passion, I never experienced anyone from Toronto making fun of Canucks before the late 2000's.

Let's not even begin to mention how much Healy tries to shit on the Leafs every time he opens his mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by Greeney View Post
    Let's not even begin to mention how much Healy tries to shit on the Leafs every time he opens his mouth.
    I've always equated that to being similar to Cubs fans...except Healy can't drown the anger with beer between the benches. So his sorrows come out more easily.

Toronto shouldn't have been in the playoffs to begin with they are the worst team ever. Anyone who thought they even had a chance of beating Boston I laugh at you. Americans are the best at everything if there was an all American team they would dominate forever silly Canadians you are good for nothing we could take your country over if we wanted to. You guys are lucky you have us to protect you since you can't do it yourself you don't even have a military.

[Infracted]
    Last edited by Radux; 2013-05-14 at 04:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by fireskull View Post
    Toronto shouldn't have been in the playoffs to begin with they are the worst team ever. Anyone who thought they even had a chance of beating Boston I laugh at you. Americans are the best at everything if there was an all American team they would dominate forever silly Canadians you are good for nothing we could take your country over if we wanted to. You guys are lucky you have us to protect you since you can't do it yourself you don't even have a military.
    What is this shit doing in our hockey thread?

Semi-biting...most if not all American NHL teams are loaded with non-US players. Ta-da!

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Greeney View Post
    To be fair, he shits on everything. Him and P.J. Stock are their "critical analysts" who always find the bad in every situation. Unless it's about Crosby, then Stock swoons. The telecast is all about the Leafs and that's perfectly fine I understand why. But that doesn't make me like the Leafs at all, it's why I disliked the team for so long. Everything is about the Leafs, they are the center of attention. If you're going to call yourself Canada's Sports Network or whatever they call themselves, then be Canada's Sports Network. Don't be Leafs Central featuring 29 other teams. Just call yourself Toronto Sports Network instead of The Sports Network (that's what it is right? I'll feel awfully dumb if not ). The media fuels the hate, people are going to hate a team if they hear about them every episode of Hockey Night and everyday on Sportscenter.

Also no one picked the Leafs because they shoulden't have had a chance. Boston choked this series hardcore and woke up in the last 12 mins when they realized they were a better team. Reimer's play got them to game 7, he was an absolute monster in this series and was most definitely the mvp. They're huge Leaf fans on both networks but they're realistic hockey analysts too. It's a double edged sword, analyze the Leafs every night for the large viewership of Leaf fans or appeal to smaller markets. That's why we have Sportsnet Canucks/Flames/Oilers ect. Even though it's a pretty garbage network with second rate analysts

I blame the boston schedule in april for them starting flat...so many home away home away games between florida in the last like week and a half. That and injuries.

Shit even in "That's Hockey 2 Nite"...it's nothing about how Boston played well, it's all just Leafs played like shit and lost.

I kid, I kid.

'lol go riot', 'lol sedin sisters', 'lol divers'

It goes both ways. And to be honest, during the past few years when TO failed to get into the playoffs, the loudest objectors of the Canucks would be from, you guessed it, TO. I don't care much about sports journalism anymore, for what its worth. But every fanbase has impressionable fans and they eat that shit up.

This is why "your fanbase is terrible and so by affiliation, your team is terrible" doesn't hold up with me. Any arguments with that I usually ignore
    I remember it all too well