Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    This made me laugh for ages. Both because the kid deserved it and it's overkill at the same time.

To reiterate something said on an earlier page that people probably won't look through and read:

The reason the FBI made the raid was due to the Fraudulent Bank Accounts issue.
    That is a serious crime, regardless of the reasoning behind it.

made my day... no... week. I lol'd so hard.

from what you just said , they raided them for making fraudulent bank accounts , and they just happen to be gold farmers , stop being stupid and making it seem like it had to do with wow
    "lol uh oh , spelling correction, the sure sign someone is losing an argument "

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Klog View Post
    Why is the FBI raiding low level content?
    +1 man that was a nice lol

Gold farmers = Terrorists....

College Students Buy gold.....

WoW gold = IRL Money......

Nerdy College Students = Terrorists?

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Deleted
    ahahhahah links to terrorists, its nothign to do with that, its because the transactions take place untaxed obviously

WTF?? Seriously?
    “You have died of dysentery” – Oregon Trail

100% absolute pure organic win right there.

While I agree that gold seller spam is annoying, I don't think the FBI needs to get involved.

And does the FBI really have jurisdiction in Azeroth?
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx View Post
    Blizzard is a conglomerate that through lower sub numbers has raised revenue. They're not stupid, they're just not catering to you.
    Yes yes, I know, the sky just bonked you on the head, casuals are taking over the government, and some baddie just got a raid drop... I think you'll live.

http://darisdroppings.wordpress.com

maybe grinding up a low level trainee, get him some experience and lewt

Can the OP take the terrorist speculation out of the first post since that's just a horrible lie?

Go to the real article and read it.

It's for false bank accounts.

Guys, it seems there's a greater threat to us than weapons of mass destruction. It's called....Gold Farming. Little is known about this except that we may believe terrorists are reacruiting both Horde and Alliance members. We need to stop this and get our fake moneys back before this becomes the end of the world.... Of warcraft...
    Finché ci temono, essi ci obbedire.
    Chomh fada feiceáilimní orthu Linn, Siad beidh de réir Linn

As long as they fear us, they will obey us.

10+ Year Old Account
    lol this just made my evening.

The title of this thread (and most people who have posted in it) are flat out wrong, and either didn't read the article or don't have an ounce of reading comprehension. As has been pointed out multiple times, it has nothing to do with gold selling. The issue is the fraudulent bank accounts.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerion View Post
    The title of this thread (and most people who have posted in it) are flat out wrong, and either didn't read the article or don't have an ounce of reading comprehension. As has been pointed out multiple times, it has nothing to do with gold selling. The issue is the fraudulent bank accounts.
    While I understand many people don't get it, many of us are just along for the giggles.
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx View Post
    Blizzard is a conglomerate that through lower sub numbers has raised revenue. They're not stupid, they're just not catering to you.
    Yes yes, I know, the sky just bonked you on the head, casuals are taking over the government, and some baddie just got a raid drop... I think you'll live.

http://darisdroppings.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by Dariela View Post
    While I understand many people don't get it, many of us are just along for the giggles.
    Oh don't get me wrong, I know that you just because you make a joke about it doesn't mean you don't understand the article. I'm talking about the people who are asking do the FBI really need to get involved in such a small issue and similar comments.

This may be off topic, but just because it is virtual doesn't make it any less illegal. You are still accessing someones personal account that contains personal info including credit card information. This could lead to identity theft. You are also depriving them of something they have paid for, aka theft.

LOL

(random text to make this 10 characters)

10+ Year Old Account
    University students? Police action? The masses of Chinese gold farmers must be laughing their ass off

Glass houses and such...

Quote Originally Posted by qu1rex View Post
    Across the pond, we stereotype the average US citizen as being quite dim-witted, albeit due to the poor education standards subject to them by their curriculum. I'm merely playing on my sarcy humour towards the FBI.
    "subject to them by their curriculum"

You might want to use proper grammar while asserting your intellectual superiority. On this side of the pond, we stereotype the average Brit as being frumpy, effete and forgettable.