Page 1 of 2
LastLast

[Shadow] PVP against warriors

I need help to fight with warriors, i just can't win in x1

I imagine it's possible I just don't know how

They start with charge that stun me, i use trinket to not be raped with 3 seg of fight, use shield, put dots and shadowfiend in warrior while im running, he broke my shield and my life is falling quickly, i need heal me, so i try to use fear but dont works in warriors, i use disarm and he use trinket. I use dispersion and shield, all dots again, he have life > 50% and i have < 30%, i dont have cc anymore, i just run or try flash heal if he not interrupt me, and i die. =/

ATM i have 3800 resil, and its happened when i face a warrior arms full vicious

EDIT: in arena x2 with feral partner i can survive if the warrior dont have a healer druid or shaman to cc feral

Anyone can help me?
    Last edited by ricorav; 2011-04-14 at 07:43 PM.

pvp isn't balanced around duels; warriors are meant to destroy clothies when they have no snares on them

Deleted
    I am an average warrior, casual pvp player, so i dont qualify as an expert.My opinion when fighting warriors is this :

- shield when you see him coming and refresh it on cd
    - fear immediately so he uses zerker rage
    - dot him + dispersion
    -disarm + try to survive (heal if you have to) till fear is available
    - fear + redot + start running

I consider arms as the proper pvp spec.If its a fury warr and you are alone , i suggest you avoid them till the next patch goes live.

look at his status bar some warriors pop zerkers rage early if u wait 10 seconds it will be on cd and u can get a full 8 second fear on them if they trinket just disarm them. When he charges u jump it will give u breathing room also key bind inner fire and inner will. use inner will when he isnt in range of u and inner fire when he catches u in a stun. get a fear ward shadowfiend marco so he cant fear it save ur trinket for his fear.use dispersion to avoid dmg if u see him pop his trinketed and throwdown = good time to disperion. other then that just kite him and pray he is a baddie. try to use mind flay when u get breathing room and use ur fear to get distance and fade his cripples piercing howl needs crazy nerfs but w/e watch out for spell reflects. use ur cds to get distance and avoid dmg as much as possible a good warrior is a hard kill and near impossible thou. ur druid needs to keep him cycloned
    Last edited by worsthitmanNa; 2011-04-15 at 10:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ricorav View Post
    I need help to fight with warriors, i just can't win in x1

I imagine it's possible I just don't know how

They start with charge that stun me, i use trinket to not be raped with 3 seg of fight, use shield, put dots and shadowfiend in warrior while im running, he broke my shield and my life is falling quickly, i need heal me, so i try to use fear but dont works in warriors, i use disarm and he use trinket. I use dispersion and shield, all dots again, he have life > 50% and i have < 30%, i dont have cc anymore, i just run or try flash heal if he not interrupt me, and i die. =/

ATM i have 3800 resil, and its happened when i face a warrior arms full vicious

EDIT: in arena x2 with feral partner i can survive if the warrior dont have a healer druid or shaman to cc feral

Anyone can help me?
    Warriors have always owned shadow priests 1on1. Your best bet is too avoid the warrior and kill his partner while your feral druid CCs the warrior. via cyclone / root etc. Your not doing anything wrong if you get stomped by a warrior. Warriors are rediculously overpowered in pvp right now, this isnt a secret. Go for the warriors partner. Have your feral lock the warrior down as long as possible. Keep your dots on the warrior between cyclones. Having the warriors hp low and then having him cycloned to be kept low while you work on his partner is very good. It gives you the option to cc the healer and hard switch to the warrior who is now already low.
    HTML Code:
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/doomhammer/Johnish/simple

Quote Originally Posted by jonish View Post
    Warriors have always owned shadow priests 1on1. Your best bet is too avoid the warrior and kill his partner while your feral druid CCs the warrior. via cyclone / root etc. Your not doing anything wrong if you get stomped by a warrior. Warriors are rediculously overpowered in pvp right now, this isnt a secret. Go for the warriors partner. Have your feral lock the warrior down as long as possible. Keep your dots on the warrior between cyclones. Having the warriors hp low and then having him cycloned to be kept low while you work on his partner is very good. It gives you the option to cc the healer and hard switch to the warrior who is now already low.
    Until now, Spriests have ALWAYS owned Warriors 1v1. You are wrong there, sir.

Quote Originally Posted by Devanox View Post
    Please describe how, priests have no way at all the escape from the warrior. The last time they did was when blackout was still in the game (for those of you that can remember)

In wraith warriors ran from me lol

it's funny how the roles change. I remember seeing the warrior as a free kill, and rogues being my mortal enemy.

Now I see rogues as a free kill, and warriors as my enemy.

Funny.

80 Kingslayer Shadow Priest - Spirestone
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...e&n=Direshadow

In TBC days, a warrior vs a shadow priest was a losing battle for the warrior. They had no thirst for blood overpowers, and their shields absorbed all of the dmg done and the warrior would be rage starved. All the priest would have to do is bubble, dot, and jump around.

In WotLK, it was still priest favored, especially with the snare breaks, psychic horror and dispersion. Bubble, dot, jump around, dispersion/ph if needed.
    Last edited by Snookeys; 2011-04-15 at 05:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Devanox View Post
    Ive been playing since closed beta sunshine, you are wrong.

---------- Post added 2011-04-15 at 10:11 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Snookeys View Post
    In TBC days, a warrior vs a shadow priest was a losing battle for the warrior. They had no thirst for blood overpowers, and their shields absorbed all of the dmg done and the warrior would be rage starved. All the priest would have to do is bubble, dot, and jump around.

In WotLK, it was still priest favored, especially with the snare breaks, psychic horror and dispersion. Bubble, dot, jump around, dispersion/ph if needed.
    these are concepts that only work in the first tier of gear of any expansion. Once a warrior is into the second level of gear of any of the 3 expansions they faceroll. They always have. This is a constant in this game. Shadow priests are always most dominant the first tier of gear because we get new spell ranks and with bad gear we are at our best. Once gear comes into play and our poor spell scaling is taken into account with new gear we fall off the radar. Welcome to both TBC and Wotlk. Cataclysm isnt far enough in to make that claim so I won't.
    HTML Code:
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/doomhammer/Johnish/simple

Ignore those saying spriests trash warrior balh blah. they are playing bads.

Here's the deal. My mate is a 2400 rated spriest and we have discussed warriors numerous times. They DO counter spriests. At the top tier, 2400 vs 2400 rated, warrior WILL win provided he knows the strats. Anything less, and spriests have good chance. Im talking about duels here as well, arena comps are another story.

Arena - spriests can go all the way to the top np provided your comp is solid, i.e u get peels, synergy and u got the skills. Feral is holding you back but if its fun keep your kitty.

15+ Year Old Account
    these are concepts that only work in the first tier of gear of any expansion. Once a warrior is into the second level of gear of any of the 3 expansions they faceroll. They always have. This is a constant in this game. Shadow priests are always most dominant the first tier of gear because we get new spell ranks and with bad gear we are at our best. Once gear comes into play and our poor spell scaling is taken into account with new gear we fall off the radar. Welcome to both TBC and Wotlk. Cataclysm isnt far enough in to make that claim so I won't.
    At the end of Wrath a good spriest would kill a good warrior in a duel most of the time

---------- Post added 2011-04-15 at 10:11 PM ----------

lmao no he's not cupcake, spriest vs warrior was a free kill before, long time on both....

Using time played as an argument, are we? "I've played longer than you so I'm right" ? Good one.

Back in Wrath, Warriors were a free kill. Disarm -> nuke -> teabag.

I don't remember having any trouble with them when I did some Rated BG a month or two ago, either.
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

Some quick tips for Warrior Duels.

- Fakecast alot - you dont want to get spell lockouts against other melees
    - Try to outjump his charges
    - Fearward your shadowfiend - this one is crucial against good warriors. The fiend is your best damage spell in a duel.
    - The obvious: always keeps yourself shielded, renewed, pom'ed
    - Keep your instantdots up the whole time
    - you can try to sneak in a mind control shortly after a charge to gain some distance - watch for his pummel cd. Mindcontrol is also a good option if you try to heal and got kicked on holy school.
    - Save your dispersion for recklessnes, if possible. you can expect this if he has 3 stacks of lambs to the slaughter.

first of all. Stick with him to avoid charge.
    second: start the fight with 5secs left on WS to shield early again.
    i open with fear but they zerk it then i disarm him to put up VP, its important. then just get DP and SW:P up. Run in circles to proc Shadowy but not to far for him to get intercept up....Spam DP and use Dispersion when he pops 1shot macro.

keep pw:S up as much as you can. Once he charges you dont get to far away from him or he can intcept u. U need to kite him relatively close. Use your stun as a chance to re-apply VT. When u are kiting, renew your shield, POM yourself and renew yourself, then go back to shadow. Use Fade to avoid his hamstring and disperse when he goes to unleash on u.
    If u need to heal...fake cast the 1st one, then hit yourself with a flash.
    With your feral partner he can slow the warrior, load him up with bleeds, you load him up with dots, then chain CC their healer. Things have changed from wotlk where only SM wielders could give us trouble...but warriors are still managable.

Time spent playing this game does not directly correlate to knowledge of class mechanics. If that was the case, then every pre-BC player should be Gladiator level by now, but they are not. I have seen this countless times before.

My opinions are those of a currently (still playing games) 2500+ Spriest, armory Facemelter on Lightninghoof if you want proof.

Don't forget to keep Fear Ward up for the Intimidating Shout.
    Also, juke juke juke. (still gets me sometimes)

If you see him pop Zerker Rage when not in a fear, he's either
    1) Anticipating a fear. Just wait for it to drop and bomb him.
    2) Getting an enrage for Enraged Regen. Again, wait for it to drop and bomb 'im.

Oh, and CHARGE JUMP. It annoys the hell out of me as a warrior, but it's damned effective.
    If he's trying to Slam spam you, just keep running through him and hope he keyboard turns.