UI Resetting problem

My modem went down tonight and a few secs after it did power suddenly went off. When it came back up and I opened wow, it opened in full screen(i had it set to window) the opening cinema played, I had to reput my email, and refind my realm. Upon loading my first character ui scale was back to default, so was sound and anything i changed, like i just made the char, all of my macros were deleted as well.. None of my other chars are had this happen to them. Anyone know what went wrong?
    Last edited by Pandragon; 2011-04-19 at 07:51 AM.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

Deleted
    Yup. Your WoW client disconnected, so it tried to write your settings to the WTF folder. To do this, it first opens all the files in w mode (overwrite), which completely empties the files. Then, it writes the new configuration settings into those files.

What happened is that, likely, it got to the "open" part which wiped the files, but power died before it could actually write the new settings.

That's a millisecond timing we're talking about here, pretty bad luck that the power went out at exactly that time.