Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Smile Votekick revenge

So a healer mate of mine and myself wanted to do a hc last night. We then got a message from the Server, in French. Although my other language skills are non-existent I came to the conclusion a realm restart was afoot. A few minutes later we got another message…in German. Ten minutes later nothing happened so we signed up in LFD.

As I had a healer with me we got in very quickly and said hi to the rest of the pug. Quite often I try to do some light hearted banter to put a positive spin when we join a pug. I find it helps set the mood and make everyone more relaxed. As the healer friend is a Gnome I’ll say things like, “I love Gnomes, I love the whooshing sound they make when I throw them off a mountain!” and then he’ll say something about me, that type of thing.

So we start off like that, suddenly the tank said, “Ok, any kids in the group?” My friend joked, “Me, I’m 8 – is that going to be a problem?” and then a votekick came up. I said no but the others must have voted yes because he was kicked. I was livid and said, “You ejits, not only was the guy joking about his age but if you'd inspected him you would have seen he's an item lvl 352 healer and is an excellent player!” I then left before any could respond.

The server then sent another message in English for a change saying the reset was happening in 8 minutes. It did and from what I read on the wow forum this reset happened on all realms so I lol’d as the vote-kicking pug would have to queue up from scratch again after the reset. Sure the tank wouldn’t have to wait but the dps would and although I doubt it would change any of their attitudes it was nice to see a bit of justice served.

The reset happened, the healer and I got into another pug quickly and it was a great one, we did it no problem and everyone had a good laugh.

Ahh happy ending!

Deleted
    First of all i don't see how its a revenge, and talking rubbish is is stupid. Im not saying that you can't joke, but its hard to tell if you are joking, or you are really 8.Of course the tank is faulty too, reaching for the kick button asap but he thought he is kicking a 8 yrs old kid. Be honest, would you play WoW ith a 8 yrs old ?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lared0n View Post
    First of all i don't see how its a revenge, and talking rubbish is is stupid. Im not saying that you can't joke, but its hard to tell if you are joking, or you are really 8.Of course the tank is faulty too, reaching for the kick button asap but he thought he is kicking a 8 yrs old kid. Be honest, would you play WoW ith a 8 yrs old ?
    Statistically I probably have. My lad is 8 and he plays wow very well lol.

The point is the tank and other dps'ers didn't inspect the guy nor did they even try the first set of trash mobs to see how viable the group was. I've been in pugs were players have been kicked but because of their performance, not because of a rash and uneducated decision based on a single sentence.

You may not think it was revenge, but it was sweet to see idiocy meet some justice which rarely happens.

Deleted
    Not entirely sure "revenge" is the right word, maybe Karma .

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gertrude View Post
    Not entirely sure "revenge" is the right word, maybe Karma .
    Good point! Wish I could edit thread titles now!

Deleted
    We have a 9 year old in the guild that plays a moonkin. We used to take him allong on our ICC25 run (We're a 10man guild). It was funny as hell to hear that kid on vent or in chat. A little offtopic: I'd love to have the OP and his friend in my random, it makes a random alot more fun.

The wrong tools in the hands of the wrong people can be a pain. I personally do the same stuff as you in pugs, not to lighten up the mood of the group, but to help myself get through heroics, if it helps the group it's only better, and I have been kicked several times for it, but hey, their loss

---------- Post added 2011-04-19 at 11:17 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Muzual View Post
    Moral of the story? Don't make up pointless lies?
    Point of the story is that WoW is a game and some people have yet to realize that.

Deleted
    moral of the story , don't kick just coz the kick exists, don't click yes on a vote kick just because you're a robot.... see why people wanna kick someone , that's why the feature needs a majority to kick someone ...

ps would an 8 year old really be in nearly full cata epics ? :/
    Last edited by mmocc9c440b8a0; 2011-04-19 at 11:19 AM. Reason: edits

That's not really revenge, that's just 'karma', so to say.

A real revenge would be me in the Stonecore group - 3 guildies(Tank+2dps; Shaman/Hunter) from another server, another random Shaman and me(Healer).

The tank and Shaman started being pricks about how great they were and how bad of a dps the shaman was and how bad healing I was(he decided to go pull all the adds after Ozruk even though I said "Brb, sec") - Even though I'd just healed him and the Shaman through every Slam and Shatter on Ozruk previously.

So, I vote kicked the tank saying "vaist is an idiot!" (Vaist was my char), they fell for it, tank got kicked, Shaman raged and left, we got a new tank/dps and finished the last boss. People click yes just because it's there and they don't even want/need a reason.
    Last edited by Soisoisoi; 2011-04-19 at 02:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Treelife View Post
    That's not really revenge, that's just 'karma', so to say.

A real revenge would be me in the Stonecore group - 3 guildies(Tank+2dps; Shaman/Hunter) from another server, another random Shaman and me(Healer).

The tank and Shaman started being pricks about how great they were and how bad of a dps the shaman was and how bad healing I was(he decided to go pull all the adds after Ozruk even though I said "Brb, sec") - Even though I'd just healed him and the Shaman through every Slam and Shatter on Ozruk previously.

So, I vote kicked the tank saying "vaist is an idiot!" (Vaist was my char), they fell for it, tank got kicked, Shaman raged and left, we got a new tank/dps and finished the last boss. People click yes just because it's there and they don't even want/need a reason.
    This is so much win.

Quote Originally Posted by Zuziza View Post
    This is so much win.
    If you thought that was win, you should of seen my face after laughing so hard; my cheeks hurt so much. ;(

Deleted
    Hehe that's awesome Treelife

If someone in the group is a dick I just wait till right before the last boss and then vote to kick them.

I've realised that people don't really have patience while pugging heroics. A bit of banter is fine but even the slightest of "taunts" will be treated by a vote kick. Getting replacements while already in an instance is pretty quick so everyone is treated by their face value. As depressing as it sounds, shut up and do your job is the best way to ensure you don't get kicked.

If someone really came into a heroic asking if there are any kids, I would most definitely respond "Im 12 and what is this?" and dare him to do something about it.
    Actually, Mr. Lennon, I CAN imagine a world with no hatred, religion, war, or violence.
    I can also imagine attacking such a world, because they would never see it coming.

http://mhkeehn.tripod.com/trashcan.jpg
    http://politicalhumor.about.com/libr...s/carville.jpe

For once, Carville was a man ahead of his time.

Quote Originally Posted by WhoAmiSc View Post
    ps would an 8 year old really be in nearly full cata epics ? :/
    Yea, dont they have an age requirement on those too?

People are outright stupid when it comes to a vote kick. They hit yes the second it comes up. I used to randomly choose a DPS and vote em just to see if it would pass. My favorite reason - The opposite of Yes is:

Damn bro, 352 ilvl. What a beast.

Deleted
    Haha, I were in that run! :P

Deamines, no? With a Female Dorf Pally Tank?
    Salutations from Milhouse.

P.S. I never actually saw a votekick come up, but I might have been rolling my eyes from the "Any kids here?" question.

Quote Originally Posted by Britomartus View Post
    So a healer mate of mine and myself wanted to do a hc last night. We then got a message from the Server, in French. Although my other language skills are non-existent I came to the conclusion a realm restart was afoot. A few minutes later we got another message…in German. Ten minutes later nothing happened so we signed up in LFD.

As I had a healer with me we got in very quickly and said hi to the rest of the pug. Quite often I try to do some light hearted banter to put a positive spin when we join a pug. I find it helps set the mood and make everyone more relaxed. As the healer friend is a Gnome I’ll say things like, “I love Gnomes, I love the whooshing sound they make when I throw them off a mountain!” and then he’ll say something about me, that type of thing.

So we start off like that, suddenly the tank said, “Ok, any kids in the group?” My friend joked, “Me, I’m 8 – is that going to be a problem?” and then a votekick came up. I said no but the others must have voted yes because he was kicked. I was livid and said, “You ejits, not only was the guy joking about his age but if you'd inspected him you would have seen he's an item lvl 352 healer and is an excellent player!” I then left before any could respond.

The server then sent another message in English for a change saying the reset was happening in 8 minutes. It did and from what I read on the wow forum this reset happened on all realms so I lol’d as the vote-kicking pug would have to queue up from scratch again after the reset. Sure the tank wouldn’t have to wait but the dps would and although I doubt it would change any of their attitudes it was nice to see a bit of justice served.

The reset happened, the healer and I got into another pug quickly and it was a great one, we did it no problem and everyone had a good laugh.

Ahh happy ending!
    the lesson here? dont say you're 8 when you're really not.. got it.

I was actually in a group during a reset Monday. When the server reset happens your group is disbanded and you're all forced to wait until the 15minute mark of entering that dungeon before you can queue up again; even the tank.
    Also, how was your friend vote kicked at the beginning of the run unless he teleported out and waited the 2-3 minutes for the option to become available?
    Last edited by Neressa; 2011-04-20 at 02:32 AM.

Lame, nobody is willin to have any fun anymore they just care about doing heroics and getting their shit done as fast as humanly possible. That's terrible that people don't even have the patience to do one pull to see if he's conpetent or really even 8. I played Warcraft 1 pretty damn well when I was 8 too, I don't see why WoW would be much different, an 8 yr old might be better than your average stoned-as-fuck 19 yr old college student who's getting Reese's Cups thrown at him by his roommates.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhurn View Post
    Lame, nobody is willin to have any fun anymore they just care about doing heroics and getting their shit done as fast as humanly possible. That's terrible that people don't even have the patience to do one pull to see if he's conpetent or really even 8. I played Warcraft 1 pretty damn well when I was 8 too, I don't see why WoW would be much different, an 8 yr old might be better than your average stoned-as-fuck 19 yr old college student who's getting Reese's Cups thrown at him by his roommates.
    I guess you don't remember 6 hour Shadowlabs runs.
    Nobody wants to spend their entire day in an instance with people that have no clue or are just bad.