Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by coldbear View Post
    Just wondering.

It's a social game, you are allowed to call for reinforcements.

It's a PVP server, why do you insist on only doing PVE or "fair" (i.e., instanced or 1:1 ratio) PVP?

You have a flying mount, you're functionally immune to PVP while on it and more than 40 yards from the ground.

No-one's holding a gun to your head forcing you to be on a PVP server, or forcing you to go outside the cities where you can queue and re-queue and teleport back and forth to your precious little heart's content.

So, why complain mang?
    Hate to burst your bubble but your flying mounts are new compared to how long world PVP has been around. World PVP before that was in generally set loacations like the area around southshore and tarrenmill. Also, a flying mount does not make you immune to pvp as mages and shadowpriests both can drop a fair amount of damage on you during a slowfall. Actually your signiture makes it apparent what you would do if able to while one is mounted. You really expect everyone who doesn't want to interact with your mob of roflpvp buddies to pay 25$ to transfer off? Not sure what server you from but on mine we have the super huge douche guild on the opposing faction they run around with 100+ people doing "world pvp" I generally just ignore they but they are still annoying none the less because they have caused server crashes multiple times and then brag about it like they are awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by ag666 View Post
    the only difference between PVP and PVE server is that on PVP server you get automatically flagged for PVP in contested areas.
    that's all. I wouldn't call it a vital part - it's the only part and it's not that big, cause anyone who want's to world PVP on PVE server can flag himself for that and go look for similar-minded of opposing faction. So basically it's the same amount of world PVP compared to PVP server.
    Sorry, but you're wrong. You will not find the same amount of PvP on a PvE server as you would on a PvP server. Compare PvP and PvE servers side by side, and you'll see that the only real distinguishing factor is that PvP servers automatically flag you (as you stated). That in itself is what makes PvP servers, a PvP server. It brings a different attitude to the game and how you can interact with other users.

There is an obvious different and oftentimes hostile attitude on PvP servers that are apart of what being on a PvP is. Being hostile isn't necessary. Everyone appreciates those moments when you get caught with your looms down with 20% HP and 4 mobs on you, and the Rogue that just passed by chooses not to kill you. The truth is that it's an attitude that exists because of the somewhat free choice in deciding when you want to attack someone. Blizzard explains that PvP servers are different in that the user will experience PvP differently. With this disclaimed that EACH person reads upon creating a character on a PvP server for the first time, no one is entitled to complaining about PvP - fair and/or unfair.

PvP isn't about being honorable and noble all the time. It may be for you, but that's the beauty of this game. You can play and interact however you want (within the TOS). Just because someone isn't playing the game the same way as you doesn't mean it's wrong. You don't get to determine how the game "should" be played.

lol fair pvp, its what you make of it, if your crying about being fair the bone up on your skills...

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by parakeith View Post
    Sorry, but you're wrong. You will not find the same amount of PvP on a PvE server as you would on a PvP server. Compare PvP and PvE servers side by side, and you'll see that the only real distinguishing factor is that PvP servers automatically flag you (as you stated). That in itself is what makes PvP servers, a PvP server. It brings a different attitude to the game and how you can interact with other users.

There is an obvious different and oftentimes hostile attitude on PvP servers that are apart of what being on a PvP is. Being hostile isn't necessary. Everyone appreciates those moments when you get caught with your looms down with 20% HP and 4 mobs on you, and the Rogue that just passed by chooses not to kill you. The truth is that it's an attitude that exists because of the somewhat free choice in deciding when you want to attack someone. Blizzard explains that PvP servers are different in that the user will experience PvP differently. With this disclaimed that EACH person reads upon creating a character on a PvP server for the first time, no one is entitled to complaining about PvP - fair and/or unfair.

PvP isn't about being honorable and noble all the time. It may be for you, but that's the beauty of this game. You can play and interact however you want (within the TOS). Just because someone isn't playing the game the same way as you doesn't mean it's wrong. You don't get to determine how the game "should" be played.
    Sorry, but if I'm wrong then World PVP on PVP server is not just these:
    1. Single frost mage / ele shaman / etc - killing 83-84 people from the roof of a building in Twilight Highlands or Uldum, preferably melee.
    2. High level Gank parties in low level areas.
    3. Some PVP action at the raid instance entrance.

Did I miss something? Those are not possible on PVE server, but there are different ways to world PVP. Like both sides do it intentionally. So you can't really say it's less there.

As for the rest. Yeah there are douchebags on every server, and only PVP server allows them to shine. Agreed on that. And I do not determine anything, I'm fine with PVP server though I'm not world PVPing.

when you pick a pvp server you pretty much sign a contract saying "i accept that anyone and anything will attack me in as many numbers or as high level as they please" if you dont accept this contract then **** off to a pve server
    Last edited by Bluey111; 2011-04-21 at 12:59 PM. Reason: typos

Deleted
    People choose PvP servers because they think they're going to be the most dangerous predator in the jungle. Then they find out that the reality is they're just the littlest guy in the prison shower.
    This guy.
    And you couldn't have said it better. It deserves to be a signature somewhere tbh. And it's only more fun for real PVPers to just watch the small timers that think they gonna be the hero of their server.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluey111 View Post
    when you pick a pvp server you pretty much sign a contract saying "i accept that anyone and anything will attack me in as many numbers or as high level as they please" if you dont accept this contract then **** off to a pve server
    Don't exaggerate.

---------- Post added 2011-04-21 at 05:08 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Jalina View Post
    This guy.
    And you couldn't have said it better. It deserves to be a signature somewhere tbh. And it's only more fun for real PVPers to just watch the small timers that think they gonna be the hero of their server.
    No. People choose PVP server because they generally don't like to be limited in-game one way or another, they want to experience all aspects of the game, especially when they pay a subscription. They just don't know that the only difference is World PVP and that it sucks.

Deleted
    It's a social game

I'm on a PvP server because my friends are.

Why

Do you write like this?

From a typographical point of view

it looks rather retarded and it won't give

you more attention because you write in such a

particular way. And after watching your profile for

started threads it seems that you do it on most threads you

create yourself, why do you do that?
    Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ealar/advanced

Raid Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/pappahealar

Guild Website: http://www.excesse-guild.net/ (Dismissed and seized raiding early 2011, March.)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappahealar View Post
    Why

Do you write like this?

From a typographical point of view

it looks rather retarded and it won't give

you more attention because you write in such a

particular way. And after watching your profile for

started threads it seems that you do it on most threads you

create yourself, why do you do that?
    He isn't cutting all his sentences in half and skipping a line. Ofc if you do that it will look retarded....

It's a PVP server
    So, why complain mang?
    I complained once when a warlock was camping in the nether ray daily quest hub, standing on the tents attacking anyone who passed by. Attacking him flagged me for the guards which killed me instantly. He was bypassing the "pvp restricted" zone through terrain exploitation and the PvP that was supposed to be prohibited was instead protecting him from losing a 1v1 fight.

That being said, my problem wasn't with anything other than the fact that guards were attacking me for engaging in pvp. Had they been removed, I would have been blissfully happy and would have destroyed the warlock, terrain exploiting and all.

Sorry, but if I'm wrong then World PVP on PVP server is not just these:
    1. Single frost mage / ele shaman / etc - killing 83-84 people from the roof of a building in Twilight Highlands or Uldum, preferably melee.
    2. High level Gank parties in low level areas.
    3. Some PVP action at the raid instance entrance.

Did I miss something? Those are not possible on PVE server, but there are different ways to world PVP. Like both sides do it intentionally. So you can't really say it's less there.

As for the rest. Yeah there are douchebags on every server, and only PVP server allows them to shine. Agreed on that. And I do not determine anything, I'm fine with PVP server though I'm not world PVPing.
    I can't comprehend what you're trying to say. So you're saying you like PvP, but not World PvP? Well you're entitled to your own opinions.

Generalizing and saying that people that grief/gank are bad is just incorrect. I know plenty of multi-season Gladiators that enjoy griefing/ganking. It's all in the way you choose to play the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsjb View Post
    I'm on a PvP server because my friends are.
    That's a valid reason for playing on a PvP server. The issue is that you need to be able to accept the fact that World PvP will happen, and when the time comes you have options. Get even, escape, call for help, and/or quit/reroll.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't comprehend what you're trying to say. So you're saying you like PvP, but not World PvP? Well you're entitled to your own opinions.
    I don't like PVP at all - well in it's current form, but hey it won't change so yeah I don't like PVP. And the only difference between PVP and PVE server is world PVP anyway. I play on PVP server because of two reasons: friends and no limitations. I can change my mind about PVP with time.
    I'm fine with world PVP existence. That's all I'm saying.
    Generalizing and saying that people that grief/gank are bad is just incorrect. I know plenty of multi-season Gladiators that enjoy griefing/ganking. It's all in the way you choose to play the game.
    grief/gank is BAD activity no matter how you look at it. so everyone who does BAD - is BAD - that's not generalizing - it's valid logic. To take pleasure in these activities is disturbing - though pretty human in nature. And being a Gladiator cannot be an excuse. So yeah, they are gladiators and at the same time BAD people. And yeah they'd chosen to be BAD people.

Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account
    Lol... just the other day 5 Hordies were in Elwynn killing ppl so I grabbed my 2s partner and a Holy pally friend and we fucked em up 3 vs 5. They tried to run. One of them did but then I found him near GS.

Deleted
    This discussion made me think of this. Hope you enjoy (re)watching it. :]

Deleted
    I play on a PvP server and always have played!

"Oh noooo, I've been ganked" Q.Q happens to anyone!

I still remember one day, in Isle of Quel'Danas...
    I was doing dailies. In that moment I was with 3-4 of those dudes in the buildings hitting me (played Feral back then). Before I notice I just saw a Pyroblast and some Scorchs or Fireballs, don't remember exactly and I obviously die! I turn my camera and see an Undead Mage there. I release and think to myself "Can't wait to put my hands on you little bitch!"
    So, I resurrect and obviously use my stealth to gank the dude the way he ganked me. Obviously I started to gank him 1,2,3...6 times or more, until he logged out!

Now, the most important part... I was in the vent with my friends and one just says to me "Dude, click in this forum post (blizzard old forums)" I click and what was there? The my little mage friend was QQ on the official forums saying I have ganked him blah blah blah wasn't fair blah blah blah he haven't done nothing to me QQQQQ and whatever he said there. We joked so hard there... was simply epic!

TL;DR: When someone ganks you by your own fault, don't post it in the official forums or people will joke you so much, you won't log your char for weeks LOOOL

"Your tears are my laughs"

Deleted
    honestly its been like what ? 6 years ? and u still don't accept the system. dear sir YOU should go play some other game.

I don't like PVP at all - well in it's current form, but hey it won't change so yeah I don't like PVP. And the only difference between PVP and PVE server is world PVP anyway. I play on PVP server because of two reasons: friends and no limitations. I can change my mind about PVP with time.
    I'm fine with world PVP existence. That's all I'm saying.

grief/gank is BAD activity no matter how you look at it. so everyone who does BAD - is BAD - that's not generalizing - it's valid logic. To take pleasure in these activities is disturbing - though pretty human in nature. And being a Gladiator cannot be an excuse. So yeah, they are gladiators and at the same time BAD people. And yeah they'd chosen to be BAD people.
    - That's what I was describing as the difference between PvP and PvE servers, World PvP.

- I was using the term, "bad" in reference to skill level. When someone says that people that grief/gank are bad (not skilled) it bothers me.

Ganking/griefing isn't inherently bad. Sure someone could have sick, twisted, and weird reasons behind it, but that's like saying that Alcohol is bad. I don't view that taking pleasure in ganking/griefing is disturbing. You're playing the game the way it's meant to be played.

Ganking is having fun at the expense of others. It is the lowest form of entertainment. Scientific studies show that people enjoying the misery of others (Schadenfreude) have on average lower self esteem. Brainscans show that the feeling is closely related to envy.

Quote Originally Posted by Nodata View Post
    You don't see people complaining that Rooks cannot jump Pawns at Chess. Well, let me tell you it would be badass for Rooks to do that. Oh, and don't give me the "game is still in development argument". You are mad because you get ganked and you can't take it? You are a WUSS.
    While nobody goes to the extremes of criticizing the rules themselves, I can assure you that there is plenty of QQ in competitive chess. Usually it centers are the cheesiness of certain gimmick or artificial opening systems, or the time controls and/or overall format of tournament events.