Thread: [TV] FarScape

10+ Year Old Account

[TV] FarScape

I started watching this online, and i'm 3 episodes into the 1st season. I'm not sure weather to keep going or not, it is enjoyable but the graphics are kind of well... crappy... i know the show is old but do they get better? and does the show ever go in depth about another civilization? or does it stick to kind of what happened when they landed on the planet in the mud?

10+ Year Old Account
    Definitely stick it out. Don't worry about the special effects. They do get better, but they'll always have a certain... charm to them.

But the story gets really good. And you'll fall in love with several of the characters. Like most shows, it took a little while to get going. Once it found its footing, the show became one of the best sci-fi shows ever, IMHO.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Disenchanted View Post
    Definitely stick it out. Don't worry about the special effects. They do get better, but they'll always have a certain... charm to them.

But the story gets really good. And you'll fall in love with several of the characters. Like most shows, it took a little while to get going. Once it found its footing, the show became one of the best sci-fi shows ever, IMHO.
    i just came from fringe, and well i was kind of comparing the special effects but i guess that wasnt a good idea :P

10+ Year Old Account
    stick it out dude :P Farscape is to this day my favourite TV series EVER (although BSG comes in a very close second, and Game of Thrones has almost unlimited potential) I must have watched it though.... 6/7 times at LEAST, it's been listed numerous times as one of the most influential and loved SciFi series of all time (in fact I saw one VEIWER VOTED poll, that had it second only to the original Star Trek in a poll of best Sci Fi)

the graphics are a little shakey, but tbh the acting is TOP draw, and the script/storylines are so good, it more than makes up for it

keep on trucking dude! you wont regret it!
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

i loved firefly, stargate, bsg( took a try or 2 but finally got into it) and some others but i have a lot of trouble getting into farscape as well

Deleted
    Farscape is brilliant, would definitely suggest sticking with it. Agree with all that the others have said for sure, and would like to make a special mention for the comedy episodes. Ben Browder's character is often amusing to watch as it is, even when it's supposed to be serious, but certain episodes like the Looney Tunes one will always stick in my mind

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Even though it is approaching 10 years old, I would definetly continue watching, this is one of my favourite Sci-Fi shows. I just finished rewatching all of it on DvD a couple of weeks ago.

10/10 for me.

Oddly enough I just started watching this myself. Got through Season 1 last night, got in a couple episodes of Season 2 tonight.

Their "special effects" might not compare to today's standards, the show is about 12 years old, but the Henson work is great.

Quite a good series, from what I've seen so far. They keep it interesting.
    They can dynamite Devil Reef, but that will bring no relief, Y'ha-nthlei is deeper than they know.