Will enrage "buff" change your spec

Hello,

With them taking the debuff off enrage I was wondering how many of you will be switching your spec to add points to King of the jungle, and if so, how many points?

Me personally i am thinking about maxing it for the 15% extra dmg on a 1 min cd. That would be super great for starting up aoe pulls, but my problem comes in where do i take the points from. One point is easy, move it from stampede over to there but the other two points are much harder. As far as i can see there is only two places you can take it from, Feral aggression or endless carnage. The current build i am thinking about is this:

http://www.wowhead.com/talent#0ZfMGcoubzrckMcu

With two points out of feral aggression and just add in FFF into my boss rotation if there isn't someone else that can put of the debuff. But i was contimplating another option which looks like this:

http://www.wowhead.com/talent#0ZfMGsoubzRckMcu

Now the question is with the second build, can we afford to lose the 4 seconds off pulverize and just click the button more?

What do you guys think, or other options, or just stick with the same old same old.

I'll be dropping points from FA personally.

The candidates are:
    FA
    IW
    BI

You don't want to be dropping EC.

yea, looks like you were going to be doing what i am too, but the only reason I excluded BI from things that could be dropped is because I can't see giving up the interrupt 10 sec timer because i can't trust people in heroics, lol. Like the other day in BRC on the second boss, all the dps didn't want to take a beam, so the healer, I and force a dps to take it. It was funny, I was tanking, top on dps, was the only person interrupting, and had to do the middle beam because the dps was a little lazy.

Just a personal thing, I can't live without my BI.

I wouldn't drop Brutal Impact, especially since tanks are going to be the new interrupt slaves once 4.1 drops and interrupts can't miss.

That leaves FA and IW, and the one you drop depends entirely on your raid comp. We have another kitty so I'm dropping FA.

Recruiting all casters
    9 hours/week

Drop Feral Aggression. The extra stacks of faerie fire are simply a quality of life issue, just cast it an extra 2 times. I find I'm often sitting there not really knowing what to hit cause i have 3 stacks of lacerate, mangle, and thrash both on cd, and another global or two before i gotta refresh pulverize. Might as well fearie fire, the threat on it is great anyways, and I beleive I saw math that after the patch it will be in our rotation anyways.

Make your warriors or rogues apply the armor debuff for 4.1/4.2. They've been spoiled all through Cata anyways.

Deleted
    I will be dropping Feral Aggression in favour of King of the Jungle.

The current spec is set in stone for Bear Tanks. You have 0/31/9 + 1 extra point. You have a choice to put it in Stampede, King of the Jungle, or Naturing Instinct.

the change in enrage will not make a big difference on specs

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nynn View Post
    The current spec is set in stone for Bear Tanks. You have 0/31/9 + 1 extra point. You have a choice to put it in Stampede, King of the Jungle, or Naturing Instinct.

ofc you got for 0/31/9 but how you pu those 31 ponits in the feral tree is different, like i for example i dropped 1 point in Fury Swipes and got 2/2 In skullbash talent to help interupts, as threat is not realy an issue atm why bother whit that FS at all tbh.

but i wont chance myspec ill keep it as it is
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

Quote Originally Posted by Inside Out View Post
    I will be dropping Feral Aggression in favour of King of the Jungle.
    Yeah me to, i tend to solo some stuff aswell and a 15% dmg buff is never too bad

What? No. It's already been said that a bear's mandatory talents changes based on your raid comp. If you've got another armor or move speed debuff, drop those.

Recruiting all casters
    9 hours/week

No. stupid10chars

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheezee View Post
    Make your warriors or rogues apply the armor debuff for 4.1/4.2. They've been spoiled all through Cata anyways.
    It doesn't make sense to make a rogue do it because it costs them Energy AND combo Points. Even if they're Assassination, no rogue ever puts those two points to get the combo point back, it doesn't "cost" a warrior/druid anything to do it :-P

Quote Originally Posted by Vaelyn View Post
    It doesn't make sense to make a rogue do it because it costs them Energy AND combo Points. Even if they're Assassination, no rogue ever puts those two points to get the combo point back, it doesn't "cost" a warrior/druid anything to do it :-P
    I fail to see why I should care what a rogue things about applying a debuff. They always bitch that they have no utility well now they do. Debuff my target or get replaced!

I'll definitely be dropping FA to get that damage boost. its not a bother to cast FF more than once, natural part of any kiting rotation or when rage starved.
    worth of damage boost->larger crits->mastery absorbs/self heals ?

Quote Originally Posted by irishdevilx View Post
    I'll definitely be dropping FA to get that damage boost. its not a bother to cast FF more than once, natural part of any kiting rotation or when rage starved.
    worth of damage boost->larger crits->mastery absorbs/self heals ?
    We're not DKs, we're druids... how much damage our abilities do is independent how much we get healed and the size of our SD shields.

More on topic, KotJ is really just icing on the cake and not mandatory at all... of course you could say that about several of our tanking talents. If threat becomes a huge issue, KotJ might be more mandatory. And in defense of FA, if you have no one else that can supply the debuff, it sucks missing over and over trying to get just one application since Blizz in their infinite wisdom still keeps FFF dependent upon spell hit.
    Last edited by exochaft; 2011-04-26 at 04:22 PM.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville