Thread: Tranquility

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by reverendball View Post
    if you put on this set, and it drops ur cd to nothing, can you then switch ur gear back and still have tranq off CD?

as in, would switching to this set and then switching back reset ur tranq set?

if so, ima do this in between every trash pull >.>
    You need to have the bonus on you when the CD is triggered (i.e. when the spell is cast).
    Samin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashrana View Post
    So, what would be your reaction, if you found out, that come cata release first patch, blizzard were planning to kill everyone by sending a bear through the mail?

Deleted
    I'd be amazed if the 3min tranq cd goes live.

For 25m raiding especially where there may well be multiple restos this is going be be silly good.
    I'm one of three resto's that raid in my 25m guild, and that pretty much means we can have a resto tranq every 60 seconds, plus the boomkin ones still on the 8m cd.

With a good tranq able to put out 500+ k healing, this is simply too good to be true.
    Either tranq healing will get a nerf, or the reduction on cd will change to be maybe 4mins that way it would still be possible to use 2 on most fights. Or maybe tranq will get put on a combat cd much like combat res so that you can only use x tranqs / encounter.

I hope not, but I just don't see the current tranq healing power going live on a 3m cd. Kinda ok for 10m raiding, as you will rarely take 2 restos, let alone 3, but for 25's where 3 is easy to take...

Druids can be at about 16k hps in an average heroic fight without tranquility. The tranquility cooldown is burst healing but it won't save a 25-man raid by itself. I'm glad that every single healer has a medium-cooldown button now... except Shamans hahahahhahaaharofl.

Yeah, tooltip error as usual. It's supposed to be a 3 minute cooldown like others have said. I'm glad they are making it's not effected by knockback either (meaning I don't have to use my barkskin specifically for that).

I hope not, but I just don't see the current tranq healing power going live on a 3m cd. Kinda ok for 10m raiding, as you will rarely take 2 restos, let alone 3, but for 25's where 3 is easy to take...
    Most people don't take 3 resto druids in a 25 man, especially for hardmodes. We lack specific cooldowns needed for the tanks to survive, and at this time it's not really viable or wise to take multiple resto druids due to this fact. If they take multiple resto druids, it will be two, and for farm content. At most, I've seen two resto druids and I've raided only 25 mans for the most part. Usually, I am the only resto druid in the raid. This was one of Blizzard's solutions to the "lack of cooldowns" resto druids currently have. Same with the redesign to Efflorescence. Personally, I'd rather have an "oh shit!" damage avoidance cooldown I can pop on a tank like every other healing class. However, that doesn't seem to be in the cards yet by Blizzard.
    Last edited by Melodi; 2011-04-21 at 12:27 PM.
    Those who do not learn from the past are doomed to repeat it.
    Melodi, Resto Druid

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Melodi View Post
    Most people don't take 3 resto druids in a 25 man, especially for hardmodes. We lack specific cooldowns needed for the tanks to survive, and at this time it's not really viable or wise to take multiple resto druids due to this fact. If they take multiple resto druids, it will be two, and for farm content.
    I know that is the accepted norm, but we're on 11/13 and doing fine, tho granted for sinestra and the 5-6 healer limit we aren't taking 3 for this fight. Had 2 or 3 in all our progress kills, bar Cho'gall, again due to 6 healers.

People (not you personally) tend to jump on the we-can't-take-druids bandwagon, and it's not really true, it might have been for world first level, but for the current state I disagree .

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Morsetlis View Post
    Druids can be at about 16k hps in an average heroic fight without tranquility. The tranquility cooldown is burst healing but it won't save a 25-man raid by itself. I'm glad that every single healer has a medium-cooldown button now... except Shamans hahahahhahaaharofl.
    The 21k hps i was talking about there is if you channel it, then wait another ~8 seconds for the HoT to drop off, then start channeling again. IF however there was no cooldown you could channel it and then start channeling it the moment it finishes, which would increase the hps considerably (as it adds ~35000 healing per target on top of the HoT), theoretically pushing me to 32800 hps. Again this is with NO trinket procs, enchant procs etc. with MoW as my only buff on my 356 geared druid, so this value would increase considerably during a raid.

But none of this matters anyway as there is a CD.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gertrude View Post
    I know that is the accepted norm, but we're on 11/13 and doing fine, tho granted for sinestra and the 5-6 healer limit we aren't taking 3 for this fight. Had 2 or 3 in all our progress kills, bar Cho'gall, again due to 6 healers.

People (not you personally) tend to jump on the we-can't-take-druids bandwagon, and it's not really true, it might have been for world first level, but for the current state I disagree .
    If you are taking multiple druids you are just hindering yourself, which is the point I think Melodi was trying to make. You *can* take 5 ret pallys and still probably kill lower end HM bosses, doesn't mean you should or it's practical. Most HM bosses you can 5 heal, and if 3 of those healers are resto druids you are just making bosses harder then they need to be.

Deleted
    Oh ofc, I understood his point, but Druids don't "break" raids, with a prot pally, a disc priest and a holy pally or 2 you are sorted for most fights and cd rotations. With current gear levels and whatnot non of the fights are that hard, nothing take more than a couple of nights progression really (tho Sinestra & Asc Council may prove me wrong).

With 7 healers, which is what we seem to take to most fights as our default setup you still have plenty of room for the "vital cd" healers. I'm sure we could take less healers, but our core team just seems to have lots of good reliable healers and stuff dies fast enough as it is. 2 restos, 2 pallies a priest, a shammy and then an x, where x is pretty much anything, and is often a 3rd resto Druid.

"Harder than they need to be" maybe, but if it works it works. Yeah maybe for ultra min/max it could be better, but 11/13 on a 3 day raiding week which started mid Jan says what we do works better than most, not that we are aiming to compete with the Paragons / Methods of the world . As such, 2-3 druids is really not as "bad" as people tend to make out. Or maybe 1 shammy and x pallies & priests is vastly superior, but luckily for me we go with what we have, so I can't really say.

Rather large tangent here, my bad .

I like the fact that we'll finally be able to us it without worrying too much about not having it on CD for later in the fight. But the knockback change seems a bit lazy to me. Barkskin has a relatively low CD, and this is obviously an appropriate use for it. Otherwise what's the point of the no-knockback part of barkskin to begin with? Not like it's necessary for HT or nourish...

Deleted

Barkskin

Could they not give us a cooldown to use on others by modifying Barkskin, allowing us to put it on others? Would give us more utility as druids then especially for high damage moments on tanks.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cornish View Post
    Could they not give us a cooldown to use on others by modifying Barkskin, allowing us to put it on others? Would give us more utility as druids then especially for high damage moments on tanks.
    yeh i thoguh abotu that before, targetable barksin be hot !
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

I've been dreaming of targeting barkskin for 2 years now. Get rid of Nature's Swiftness and I'd gladly spend a talent point in the resto tree for this ability.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reash View Post
    :O I might have to go farm the rest of that set and try it in 4.1, not that it would really be useful at 85, just for lols.
    My guess would be:
    8mins - 5mins = 3mins - 50% = 1.5min.
    Making your GIF Avatar to 20kb is hard. Especially when the original is 504kb

Quote Originally Posted by Lukas 45 View Post
    My guess would be:
    8mins - 5mins = 3mins - 50% = 1.5min.
    yep.. im sure they take talents b4 set bonuses... but still.. 1.5m is insane lol

Its an amazing raid saving spell.... Fueds, red phases/nature blast thing on maloriak, nef pillars durin cinderbursts to help healers (playin from boomer perspective here)

I no on fights such as chimereon or maloriak, tranq can heal for 350-400k for me.
    Can someone tell me why there lowing the cd? making it usuable 2-3 times in most fights seems a bit overpowered?

Deleted
    I assume lowering the CD has 3 main reasons:
    1) Bring druids cd more inline with the cd of other healers, for example PS, Barrier etc etc are also going to be 3 mins.
    2) To hopefully encourage guilds to take more restos instead of stacking pallies & priests
    3) To differentiate and buff resto tranq from a boomkins tranq.

We don't have a tank CD, and our raid healing burst isn't amazing. So whats wrong with 3 minute tranq?

Deleted
    Since my alt is an resto druid, I see nothing wrong with this, lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you check out the first Sinestra's kill you will find out that there aren't that many Druids in, and most likely very few guilds used 2 Resto druids... I know I had to sit out on our kill for a Priest, since it's PS and Barrier were much better than any of my CD's, and the other Resto druid stayed with the mission of Hibernate the add for interrupts... If I were raid leading and given a chance in 90% of H fights I would take a priest or a Pally over any Druid/Shaman, and this is mainly the healing done is always about the same but the CD's of priest/paladins are much better and well a Shaman can bring the totems so you only really need one, and here is a dare, find me End boss kills without Priests/Pallys, I sure can show you hundreds of end boss kills with no Druids
    "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."~Evelyn Beatrice Hall
    "Never argue with an idiot, they will drag you to their level and beat you with experience." ~Anonymous

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cornish View Post
    An excellent idea - except for the fact that PvP balancing, as so often, prevents good PvE solutions ot PvE issues.

Most things that could make the PvE game better and more fun are prevented by the almighty need for PvP balancing.