Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Creating a "WoW is dying" thread nowadays is a 99% sure way of getting a thread with hundreds of responds!

I think these threads are worse than the "wow is dying" threads honestly. Those threads smack of anger, these ones smack of fear.

As long as people make video games, im cool. Well, assuming i don't lose my arms and eyesight in a fiery car wreck. Then im definitely not cool.

15+ Year Old Account
    WoW is dying

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by spiny View Post
    I think these threads are worse than the "wow is dying" threads honestly. Those threads smack of anger, these ones smack of fear.

As long as people make video games, im cool. Well, assuming i don't lose my arms and eyesight in a fiery car wreck. Then im definitely not cool.
    What's fearful about this thread? I'm just expressing the annoyance of many many people in the most cogent way I could manage.

Quote Originally Posted by zebramints View Post
    I just find it funny that there are so many people claiming they quit, but why the hell are they still posting on forums about wow? Get a life
    I'd point out that the reason they are posting here, like me, is because they can't post on the official forums due to their frozen accounts. Yes, you can't post on battle.net without $15/mo.

Quote Originally Posted by Shamslam View Post
    Screw you all. I'm here, I'm a quitter, and I'm gonna spread my WoW hate errrwhere!

Jaykay. First two are true, I don't really diss on WoW though. I do not like the gtfo-the-forums replies. Some of us like to creep still.
    There's a big difference between quitting and still posting on the forums, and quitting and trying to convince everyone else that wow is dying/is a horrible game/anything else that's similar that you "need" to make your own thread about. I might as well be reading about the texture of your latest bowel movement. I really don't give a shit. (see what i did there..?)

No one else needs to hear about it. yet everyone wants to think that they're the big center of attention or have some big secret about how terrible wow is that they need to share with people.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If [the dps] are on the wrong target, then they are playing badly and should be corrected and / or mocked, depending on how you roll.

Quote Originally Posted by spiny View Post
    these ones smack of fear.
    For me they represent some kind of frustration over that the community can't find more fun or thought out topics to discuss. Every "WoW is dying" thread are copy-pastes of older threads with some minor twists to them to justify their creations.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiskra View Post
    For me they represent some kind of frustration over that the community can't find more fun or thought out topics to discuss. Every "WoW is dying" thread are copy-pastes of older threads with some minor twists to them to justify their creations.
    My frustration is that the real ones are getting to be inescapable eye sores, not that I actually am moved by any of them.

Filtering them out is becoming a chore. That's the problem.

Me and my friends have quit several times. We come back after we take some time off and play other games. WOW IS NOT DYING. 90% of you "quitters" who still post here will come back to check out 4.1 - I guarantee it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Callace View Post
    So are you.

Anything else to prove that's significant?
    The makers of rift have taken a pro-active approach to undermining wow, it appears. The prevalance of "have you stopped beating your wife yet" posts attests to that.

I especially like the "wow's numbers are down" stuff - or as I think of it - in the middle of the worst recession since the great depression, people are cutting back on video games shocker!

Wow is already dead.

/cthun

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zebramints View Post
    I just find it funny that there are so many people claiming they quit, but why the hell are they still posting on forums about wow? Get a life
    Because WoW is an addiction like unto smoking, it's hard to straight up quit cold turkey.

Also, I stay on for the non WoW-related forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

Why? Are you immortal?
    Hey was saying that you're smarter then the average bear YIPPERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Blznsmri View Post
    Because WoW is an addiction like unto smoking, it's hard to straight up quit cold turkey.

Also, I stay on for the non WoW-related forums.
    WoW has no physically addictive qualities like smoking does.
    It's as addictive as you let it be.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Injin View Post
    The makers of rift have taken a pro-active approach to undermining wow, it appears. The prevalance of "have you stopped beating your wife yet" posts attests to that.

I especially like the "wow's numbers are down" stuff - or as I think of it - in the middle of the worst recession since the great depression, people are cutting back on video games shocker!
    Because 50 cents a day is expensive right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Because 50 cents a day is expensive right?
    To people that aren't in the middle class or better and have no disposable income, it can be actually. Wanna pay for my sub if it's so cheap?

10+ Year Old Account
    To people that aren't in the middle class or better and have no disposable income, it can be actually. Wanna pay for my sub if it's so cheap?
    I had a 26 year old guildie with no job and a kid that could scrounge up 50 cents a day to pay for this waste of time people call a game.

10+ Year Old Account
    I had a 26 year old guildie with no job and a kid that could scrounge up 50 cents a day to pay for this waste of time people call a game.
    I don't get an allowance like he did. Again, if money is so easy to come by, will you send me a few bucks?

If you don't send me the money, then it isn't without consequence.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't get an allowance like he did. Again, if money is so easy to come by, will you send me a few bucks?
    He didn't either. And no.

10+ Year Old Account
    He didn't either. And no.
    That money has consequence then. Don't act so classist next time.