Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Shadow Priests vs Melee right now are fine if you play properly.

If you're being snared or rooted or whatever, then it's time to play defensively. Throw up heals, use your shield, etc.

Also keep in mind that Interrupts and Silences are two totally different things. If one school is locked out, then it's time to start using the other school. Usually healing yourself when locked out of a shadow school is the best thing you can do.

And then you have your 4P mooncloth, your fade, and your disperse.

And if you happen to be worgen, you can disperse and dark flight to a safe distance.

It's all about how you play. I know that Shadow Priests, while on the move, can't do much in the way of nukes, but that's just how it goes. I'd much rather have Mind Spike be castable while moving to be perfectly honest... that would give us a reason to use the paralysis talent and it would give us a nice nuke that we could use while on the move.

---------- Post added 2011-04-23 at 05:50 PM ----------

An idea would be making it so when you proc Arch Angel, you could also cast your spells while on the move.

80 Kingslayer Shadow Priest - Spirestone
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...e&n=Direshadow

A more urgent problem with Shadow Priests is the mana cost of each spell. In relation to other casters - Locks, Boomers and Mages, the mana cost for the dots is about 65-70% higher. And, if you're dots dispelled, you're essentially out of mana. This is often the case because there is very little dot protection outside of VT. To adjust, you use MindSpike and therefore lose mobility. If anything should castable on the run - it should be MindSpike. MindFlay on the run would be far too OP. Think about it, you can run away doing dmg to ppl who are running half speed. That's just off the charts OP.

Casters shoulden't be able to move while casting, this goes for mages, shamans, hunters.

It's dumb as fuk.

HAHA... that would be so fucking OP.. GL&HF to any melee trying to get close to a shadowpriest if OP becomes Priest Dev for blizzard.. /facepalm

Deleted
    This is one of the worst idea i've heard in a long time. It's good as it is at its current state. Nothing needs to be changed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lol He said "devouring plague is the only spell we have [against melee]"

I find that funny...as spriests have atleast a dozen spells and abilities to gtf away from melee.

10+ Year Old Account
    For arena Dot up all people
    Run away casting mind flay in circles
    ?????
    Profit.

The only way I'd see this being able to be in game is if the damage was nerfed a lot and coasted more mana or, the slow effect is taken out.

No, it would be a horrible balance idea.

This topic is just a complete joke, I really thought the OP was just trolling.

He did say kitin in bgs lol hard stuff tht.. Try and survive the tier2 geared warrior...

Basically try playing affliction. oyu have 2 more oh SHIT buttons than us, it annoys me shadow is in a better place and lock is THE dot class, you have strong dots plus mega nukes.

Try playing hard casting classes/specs like Elemental Shaman or Destruction Warlock..

I don't think that changing the way mind flay works would solve the problem in a balanced way, like others said, it would be too powerful if you could cast it while moving (100% movement speed vs 50% on enemy). IMO they could perhaps modify some other spell like Fade, so when it's properly talented it grants you a short speed burst (say, 70% speed for 3 seconds). It could also be worked out similar to fire mages, making a shadow talent that gives you the same speed burst when your PW:Shield absorb is consumed by damaging attacks (this to reduce the power of Fade as a speed burst and snare remover).

Other option would be (putting the speed bonus aside) having a talent that gives you X% (say 5/10% chance on a 2 points talent) chance when struck by melee attacks to make your next Mind Spike instant cast and disorient the target for 3 seconds, which in turn would give you a way to peel melee off you, but force you to remove all dots on the target, so this can't be used as a burst counterattack.