Are there any other games with the same sense of freedom and exploration as WoW?

Hello community,

I'm wondering if any of you know any games that are similar to WoW in the sense of how limitless and expansive the world feels? I know there are the popular and obvious "Oblivion, Fallout, Fable, etc." but I'm wondering if anyone knows any others?
    I run a satire / humor blog site very The Onion-esque. It's like taking trolling to another level.

www.spinatlantic.com

Guild Wars 2?
    The most important thing to realize is, no matter what you experience you are never alone; no matter what you are struggling through, there is always someone who is more unfortunate.

It's Ok to Be Takei (Rank 35/ Fractal Level 22)

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deyadissa View Post
    Guild Wars 2?
    Not out yet and GW1 really isn't opened world since every zone is instanced.

Are you looking for a MMO or any type of game?

I think there's none

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Hello community,

I'm wondering if any of you know any games that are similar to WoW in the sense of how limitless and expansive the world feels? I know there are the popular and obvious "Oblivion, Fallout, Fable, etc." but I'm wondering if anyone knows any others?
    Since I haven't seen this yet: Eve, obviously.
    The plural of anecdote is not "data". It's "Bayesian inference".

Deleted
    Rift obviously.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Rift actually has a lot of invisible walls that they need to do away with. They don't need to put mobs on the coasts, but they need to let you run around the coasts. I mean without doing what I do and just swimming to them.
    The plural of anecdote is not "data". It's "Bayesian inference".

If you want exploration, give Lord of the Rings Online a try. The environment is absolutely beautiful, and a lack of flying mounts/flightpaths makes it feel pretty huge. Combat is clunky, PvP is limited and crafting is incredibly tedious, but since it's FTP you might want to take a look.

Check out the time-lapse in this vid:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lrhMErNg30c