Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Trade chat should really be world wide

I feel this would improve the overall feel of a community, if you don't like trade chat just turn it off. But at least while your in Blasted Land or Winterspring, you know you can rejoin the community and allow your voice to be heard.

Yea cuz i wanna get trolled all day everywhere i go.. heh i really hope this is a troll post

No it shouldn't, it would be a trolled worse than it already is.

10+ Year Old Account
    My server is horrible, everyone (even myself) troll whenever we're bored.
    Like we need the entire community to be consumed more of trolls.

Deleted
    It would be a pain in the ass to read Trade chat everywhere...

No, just No.
    The idea of trade chat is that it should be used for advertising of services which require travel to a person.
    That is easy enough between the major cities (despite the impression players give otherwise) but not between random zones.
    The fact that there is little reason to leave trade already does for the community what you desire, and that is already not a good thing in many respects.
    Enough spam as it is with people telling us in trade about something which most certainly should be announced in general or local defence.
    Imagine every mention of pvp flagged opposing faction players or every single quest gripe/gathering gripe being aired in a single channel ?
    Some realms have trade chat which is damn near impossible to read already due to the quantity.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2011-04-22 at 01:15 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I dont think anyone is going to agree with this one.

I believe that "LookingForGroup" Channel was worldwide in the past, and worked very similar to Trade Channel.
    Basically, trolling and idle chat.

Deleted
    Just make your whole server write /join TrollChannel and you'll be able to communicate with those other trolls, WHEREVER YOU GO.

=)

Deleted
    The solution, if you want a server-wide channel, is simple.
    Create one.
    Our server had one, but it didn't really work. I've got no idea whether it would be easy to get people to join it, but to get everyone in a whole realm to would be a nightmare. Anyway, if you can make it work, good for you. Do so.

I think if this get implemented people will leave cities more, which is a good thing, and spend their time in great outdoors doing interesting things or just farm/quest more as oppose to being idle in their faction cities.

All in all I support this idea, I think it will make game better.

The old LFG chat was world wide idd. Honeslt can't remember if they changed that at the tbc expansion or later on, but I can say as much as I loved it, and miss it. Might be because there weren't as many trolls back then (or maybe i just can't remember..), but OT I don't think the trade chat should be global due the fact that it's a TRADEchannel, which is bound to capital cities.. Imagine seeing a guy standing in silithus, seeing another guy selling an item in EPL.. Would be quite difficult to get that item anytime soon.
    As for the global channel i talked about before, they could make it so you couldn't link items in it, to prevent it from being used as another trade channel (as they did with the old LFG channel)

10+ Year Old Account
    there's a trade chat now???

I left /2 ages ago

Brings back memories of LFG channel when it was world wide... "Shudders..."

I know my server has one of these Server wide "troll channels".

Was used for Heroic groups back in BC... now it's pretty much just as bad if not worse than Trade Chat, until of course people get Mod-happy and ban everyone or slap a password on the channel.

Deleted
    Guys did you read what the OT wrote? You could turn it off, like you can leave it now. I think its a good idea.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jvbastel View Post
    there's a trade chat now???

I left /2 ages ago

This might surprise you, but Trade chat managed to survive without you.

Custom channels are global. To be honest I dunno why people haven't made a custom channel called Trolling or something to hang out in while they're out of the city. Or maybe they have, but they don't advertise it in trade.

Deleted
    Will end up in even more spam, making actual trading impossible. Bad idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    usually leaving trade when i dont need it - wouldnt bother me personally if i could join the chat everywhere.