Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Guild Master power is a dictatorship, not a demoncracy.

Quote Originally Posted by zingar View Post
    no, the reward is personal enjoyment. theres no other possible rewards in a game whatsoever. if you enjoy ganking then thats your own reward. im sick of people saying, theres no point of doing "x thing". theres always a point if you like doing it.
    and of course blizzard wont promote ganking, but theres nothing stopping you from doing so.
    youre also saying i shouldnt help any lowbies or anything since theres no reward, or even having friends unless they can help me in heroics, really?
    And now you're off your original point. Remember? It was originally "Ganking is...supposed to happen" on a PvP server. Now yer all caught up in this enjoyment thing. Bottom line is that its not encouraged, its not SUPPOSED to happen, but people CAN do it anyways. Which brings us back to my first post...

Quote Originally Posted by Bombkirby View Post
    Just cuz you CAN do certain evil things doesn't mean you SHOULD.
    Its in no way encouraged or supposed to happen, but its entirely possible to do so if you wanna go through all the trouble of being a jerk. He did do an awful thing, but he said he warned the guildies which means the usual Blizzard intervention cannot happen. He found a loophole and followed the rules. In a normal case they prolly would have done something about this, especially with the letter that went out. Heck the letter probably breaks a ToS. The guildies could easily give that guy the ban of his life if they examined the letter hard enough and found a "loophole" of their won. Tis a battle of wits!

Deleted
    Sounds like a good idea for bank alts, tho I would keep em around as I only log on and off once every week, another problem with guild lvl +
    rep are the recruit section, it's hard to get good people as they are unwilling to leave another 25guild for our 25guild, as they need to gain all rep again (even tho they are benchwarmers in current), and some stay until they reach 25 got all perks, and then change guild so it becomes pointless overrall to have a guild lvling system.

They could have all perks as achievements instead, so people would do an effort for it. (by redoing achis for the perks, while in a full guild group).

A problem I also see is that new social ones expect getting carried and get gear in mainraids or alt raids, but luckely we have merged some guilds into our
    so there are raid for everyone who chooses to want to raid, people who we see want to get carried (slacking during raids, dont bring things for the raid) gets kicked either way.

It should be what it stands for, making a team effort.
    Last edited by mmoc80dbf3c0c8; 2011-04-23 at 12:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grym View Post
    14k in a few months, vs having your /g feels like /2?

I can make 14k in a couple of weeks by myself, and sure many people out there can do much better, gold probably isn't even a concern for them. In comparison, a nice, quiet, troll-less guild chat was much more worth it.
    He never said there were trolls. Just new players that asked questions. Sounds awful. Terrible. Pure BLASPHEMY!!! Asking questions...newbies....just outrageous! Damn those people who just hit level 25 for their first time.

I don't understand why you people can't just avert your eyes from Trade/busy Guild Chats. Its really sad really. I wouldn't be bothered at all. I'd actually like a busy guild chat. Havent seen one in years....ever since Vanilla.

Quote Originally Posted by Sark View Post
    I did this with my guild too. Hats off to them.

To the whiners: The reality is that within a guild you do not run, you have no rights. Get over it. By accepting a ginvite you accept the fact that those in power CAN kick you. Sorry.
    Then you are also an incredible ass. They didn't tell people they would be doing this, they wasted everyone's time, etc. If they had problems with specific people, then kick those specific people. But you don't kick everyone after exploiting them for no reason.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever the Regent-Lord needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by mcpain View Post
    It seems wrong to me.

Mostly because the kicked guildies never saw it coming. And the overall tone is very arrogant
    I agree. And I also agree that exp should be lose base on what the kicked member has wrend.

10+ Year Old Account
    So basically a 10man raiding guild invited a whole bunch of people to farm them to 25 so they wouldnt have to run heroics to get exp. capped, then got pissed with having so many people and not making enough gold off them and booted them after they hit lvl 25.

This whole guild system is crap and rife with abuse and exploitation like this guild did. Guild leveling was a bad idea and Blizzard needs to accept this and remove the system and then place the rewards for Valor or Conquest or JP or Honor.

Lucky Strikes strike out...

This really makes me chuckle.

See, I'm from Garona, horde side. Purgatory, to be exact.

When we hit lvl 23, Lucky Strikes was already 60% into the level. We kicked their a$$es and beat them to 25 (Realm first) early that morning. On a server that is dominated by Alliance, it felt nice to stick it to them for once.

To those that were kicked, I'm sorry that you were removed from your guild. But apparently it was pretty fail anyways....

PS. We didn't kick any of our 'worker bees' after we hit 25, all the casuals, pvpers and non-raiders were kept.

15+ Year Old Account
    -Do you think this is fair or acceptable?
    If I were to belive everything the gentleman in the first post said, I would agree with him. The worst part of people who does nothing, is when they show they dont do nothing. You ask them to sign up for a event, you give them rights for this and that but they turn you down. But I bet there is some people who he/she could have spared. I bet my hat on that some individuals were worth keeping, becouse there always is. Hell, even the dumbest player ive met grew into one of the finest. Kicked my ass on several occasions in many ways :P

-Do you think this could happen to your guild?
    I dont think this would happen to the guild I once were part of (seeming as I havent been on for the last 3 months) becouse they have survived through it all since the game first came out. The only major change was just before Cata came out, and the previous server just totally died on the Ally side and there were none left. We had to move. What Im saying is that its a band of brothers, a family of some sort. They just dont give in. Ever.

-Do you think the guildmembers should have any rights or bargaining power (unionslol)?
    If booted for no particular reason they should have the right to get some of the experience and stuff like that to get back. It takes time to get that, and you have to start all over once lost. But if you leave on your own therms, you shouldnt get a thing. You are, on your own, taking the conclusion that you will leave. None is forcing you to do that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cold, calculated and ruthless.

Efficiency at it's worst.

10+ Year Old Account
    He never said there were trolls. Just new players that asked questions. Sounds awful. Terrible. Pure BLASPHEMY!!! Asking questions...newbies....just outrageous! Damn those people who just hit level 25 for their first time.
    from the letter:
    and gchat just eventually became a giant sea from which all the idiots could troll.

That implies it.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    It does suck for those kicked that they now have to start over at zero guild rep for another guild where they too might be kicked again once they reach 25. Kinda blows. but everyone, i assume, saw this coming when the guild lvling system favored massive guild.

Quote Originally Posted by AcidTiger View Post

When we hit lvl 23, Lucky Strikes was already 60% into the level. We kicked their a$$es and beat them to 25 (Realm first) early that morning. On a server that is dominated by Alliance, it felt nice to stick it to them for once.

To those that were kicked, I'm sorry that you were removed from your guild. But apparently it was pretty fail anyways....

PS. We didn't kick any of our 'worker bees' after we hit 25, all the casuals, pvpers and non-raiders were kept.
    To be fair, Garona Horde has been doing VERY well this expansion in terms of PvE, and we won't mention Tol Barad

His post was insulting, and arrogant. The influx of invites brings out the dreg's yes, but amongs those invites i can guarantee you there would have been atleast a handfull of good people. An example is the mom and her son replying through a post as to why they where kicked.

Wow to them is family entertainment, somthing she shares with her son, people like that are usualy very loyal to a guild that invites them, and where the "feel" they fit in.

I find it absolutely disgusting, Im an officer in my own guild. We are very casual and do 10 man content aswell ( 1 boss to go and we have normals cleared ) The perks we get through our guild xp ( lvl 24 atm ) are nice. But we gained those with all our guildies.
    At no point would i ever abuse people for some pixelated numbers in a video game, because in the end they are people, and what goes around comes around.

Using people like that is immoral, not to mention that post he made is basicly griefing them.

Poetic justice would be that said "GM" would actually get banned for his conduct.

And now you're off your original point. Remember? It was originally "Ganking is...supposed to happen" on a PvP server. Now yer all caught up in this enjoyment thing. Bottom line is that its not encouraged, its not SUPPOSED to happen, but people CAN do it anyways. Which brings us back to my first post...
    i said that it was the games fault, not the players.
    yes the same goes with ganking but that has no consequences whatsoever thats my main point.
    and i cant understand how anyone feels that the current state of guild reputation is fine

10+ Year Old Account
    He didn't break any ToS, it is working as intended.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever the Regent-Lord needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by AcidTiger View Post

Grats and lol, I love how you beat this guild.

Naming and shaming is against MMO forums terms and services.

Not only have you linked the guild but the name of the player responsible.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have 4 85's atm, main is in a raiding guild, the other 3 are in large Social/casual guilds....both have large names on my home server and have several raiding rosters in each guild, my locks guild actually has 8 10M, and 4 25M teams all are unique rosters and no alts are in the other rosters....so you can still raid and be in a massive guild
    Not flying my Sig because somebody got butthurt because I posted a question that they didn't like in they're little pet post and sicked ScrapBot on me :P

And the truth about huge guilds comes out. They usually do have 10-20 hell, maybe even 50 "real" memebers, and then they start thinking... "Wouldn't it be nice to level faster and have a lot of perks while we raid? Lets get as much people as we can and boot them at glvl 25!"

It doesn't surprise me, and people who joined it should have expected it. I also wont be surprised if this is happening in many realms.