Ignore people of certain guild rank..

Hi

Quick question, is it possible to not see guild chat from people from a certain rank and below ? (nativly or through addon)... ofc people from all ranks upwards does need to come through.

I know the GM can at least disable what ranks may or may not speak in guild chat. Other than that, perhaps just put them on ignore, unless anyone has another solution.

Deleted
    I very much doubt so... Why in the world would you want that to begin with though? :S

You can make a guild rank that mutes persons of that rank completely, yes. You can modify existing ranks aswell.

Deleted
    What's the point in having guildmembers if they aren't allowed to speak in the guild chat? I lol'd @ this thread.

you could make a separate chat panel, and in the settings just have it so you read the officers messages, but that only works if you're an officer
    somebody call for d doctor?

Quote Originally Posted by Dumbnut View Post
    What's the point in having guildmembers if they aren't allowed to speak in the guild chat? I lol'd @ this thread.
    They are allowed to speak.. among theirselves ... when they rank up it means their worthy and as such go into a more mature chat.

I wouldn't want to join a guild that did this

I figured it would have just been for new/trial/probationary members or that most of the people in said ranks are generally annoying. *shrug*

Quote Originally Posted by Mediansoft View Post
    They are allowed to speak.. among theirselves ... when they rank up it means their worthy and as such go into a more mature chat.
    Mute their ranks and tell them to join a custom channel named after your guild or something so they can talk amongst themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    I wouldn't want to join a guild that did this
    Yea seriously, me neither. Segregating officers and members from new members? Great way to promote guild unity and welcome new people....

Thankfully I don't believe such a system is in place. All you could do is mute them outright.

I find /gquit works a charm.

Coming from being in my server's oldest top progression guilds that still exist today, I think that that's a pretty moronic thing to want.

---------- Post added 2011-04-23 at 02:15 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Mediansoft View Post
    And how would they rank up if they can't associate with the rest of the guild? And "more mature chat?" Hardly.