http://store.razerzone.com/store/raz...ctID.169418900

This is all I see when I search for Razer Naga.

This might be a stretch, but is that naga a Cataclysm special edition or something?

10+ Year Old Account
    See mah edit, I'm an editing fiend!
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    See mah edit, I'm an editing fiend!
    So yeah, it's just a special edition. Curse you Drake.

Is it possible to make the 1-12 on the Razer Naga separate from the keyboard numbers? So 1 on my keyboard is a separate bind from 1 on the mouse?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    So yeah, it's just a special edition. Curse you Drake.

Is it possible to make the 1-12 on the Razer Naga separate from the keyboard numbers? So 1 on my keyboard is a separate bind from 1 on the mouse?
    Yeah, I could match them to any kind of input... I haven't really experimented with it because it was most comfortable for me to just match it to the 1 through =.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

http://store.razerzone.com/store/raz...ctID.219936100

Well actually I can still buy it, so I withdraw my curse.

---------- Post added 2012-05-09 at 02:40 PM ----------

Too bad I can't get a mouse that's just black, I don't need all those fancy designs.

Deleted
    I have no interest in the Hex. It's enough buttons for a game like Diablo 3 or LoL, but not enough for MMORPGs.
    Well, I was a pretty successful healer for a number of years with my old death adder and a liberal sprinkling of modifiers...the hex will have *more* than enough buttons for GW2...which is the point of the whole thing.

@People who have trouble 10-12 - set those to large cooldowns that you don't want to ever use at the wrong time, like Bloodlust or Vanish. In the case of GW2, I haven't really figured out what to do with 11 or 12 yet, but 10 already is set to my Elite.
    Well, if you're fumbling around and using low use skills...then that kinda defeats the purpose...I could just map those skills to my left hand.

One of the problems I had with the original naga in addition to finding the correct key - activating it required a bit of force...because I steer the mouse very lightly with my fingertips, the force required to activate the key was enough to knock the cursor...when you're a healer this can be very, very bad :-)

10+ Year Old Account
    Eh, it's still nice and perty for when you want to show it off to guests in the house, but they're not entirely necessary either.

That's the drop-down for button 1.

Wow, those mice are 5600 dpi. I wonder if anyone legitimately needs that. o_O

I use 3600 which is the cap for my current mouse, but I don't think I could go any higher than that. XD

10+ Year Old Account
    I have the original Naga Model, the first model they put out. Looks like this:

You can clearly see the 2 mouse buttons in the corner next to the left mouse click. And It's definitely not a special edition, just an earlier model.

Personally, it fits my hands perfectly, and I can reach all 12 buttons on it's side.
    "Questions are for those seeking answers. Those who have answers are those who have asked questions." -Mike R. (Malthurius)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haggerty View Post
    One of the problems I had with the original naga in addition to finding the correct key - activating it required a bit of force...because I steer the mouse very lightly with my fingertips, the force required to activate the key was enough to knock the cursor...when you're a healer this can be very, very bad :-)
    I didn't have the same problem, but maybe I just don't know my own "strength"
    Or maybe I've gotten used to using it without knocking the cursor. I guess when I kind use it my hand kinda "squeezes" the mouse so that the right part of my hand applies pressure to the opposite side. Don't really notice it since it's become a natural motion for me.
    I used this mouse on my Disc priest with mouseover-macros (that technically were @vuhdo instead of @mouseover) without any major issues.

---------- Post added 2012-05-09 at 01:45 PM ----------

Wow, those mice are 5600 dpi. I wonder if anyone legitimately needs that. o_O

I use 3600 which is the cap for my current mouse, but I don't think I could go any higher than that. XD
    I actually have mine set to 1800 DPI and haven't felt the need to raise or lower it.

Quote Originally Posted by Malthurius View Post

You can clearly see the 2 mouse buttons in the corner next to the left mouse click. And It's definitely not a special edition, just an earlier model.

Personally, it fits my hands perfectly, and I can reach all 12 buttons on it's side.
    Do they still sell that model?

Deleted
    Yeah, thats the one I have...man, those buttons on the left button...it was never gonna happen for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    No clue, couldn't find it on their website. I think the molten edition replaced the original model in production. Perhaps you could get it used, but the original is a little bit fragile. I have to open up mine and tweak it every now and then to fix some double clicking and responsive issues.
    "Questions are for those seeking answers. Those who have answers are those who have asked questions." -Mike R. (Malthurius)

10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't seen them selling it. The "Molten Special Edition" still has those buttons, but... yeah...

The Molten, Hex, and "2012" edition are all the same price at least.

---------- Post added 2012-05-09 at 01:49 PM ----------

No clue, couldn't find it on their website. I think the molten edition replaced the original model in production. Perhaps you could get it used, but the original is a little bit fragile. I have to open up mine and tweak it every now and then to fix some double clicking and responsive issues.
    Weird, mine has done fine since I first got it. Have never had to open it up or call tech support or anything.

Knock on wood.
    Last edited by DrakeWurrum; 2012-05-09 at 06:51 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Weird, mine has done fine since I first got it. Have never had to open it up or call tech support or anything.
    Perhaps I just don't keep my computer area as clean as I should. It's usually just the contacts that need cleaning inside the mouse.

Deleted
    I didn't have the same problem, but maybe I just don't know my own "strength"
    Or maybe I've gotten used to using it without knocking the cursor. I guess when I kind use it my hand kinda "squeezes" the mouse so that the right part of my hand applies pressure to the opposite side. Don't really notice it since it's become a natural motion for me.
    Well, I suspect we just hold the mouse differently to each other.

My wrist is always planted on the table...and the mouse kinda gets batted around between my thumb and little finger...then my other fingers sit very lightly on top. Activating a side button with the original naga meant I had to drop my whole hand in to a cup, for support...on top of everything else, it just never worked.

10+ Year Old Account
    Perhaps I just don't keep my computer area as clean as I should. It's usually just the contacts that need cleaning inside the mouse.
    I've got one of them Razer Goliath mousepads, so maybe that helps.

---------- Post added 2012-05-09 at 01:52 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Haggerty View Post
    Well, I suspect we just hold the mouse differently to each other.

My wrist is always planted on the table...and the mouse kinda gets batted around between my thumb and little finger...then my other fingers sit very lightly on top. Activating a side button with the original naga meant I had to drop my whole hand in to a cup, for support...on top of everything else, it just never worked.
    Well my wrist stays on the table too, but so does the bottom of my palm. I guess my hand is big enough that I just kinda naturally "cup" it anyways. It's just the way I've always held a mouse.

Deleted
    I bought one off Amazon.uk last... February.
    So I'm assuming they still sell it.
    To me it was an upgrade from the Lachesis, and I got to say, as someone who suffers from a lot of wrist pains they are such a blessing as they are SUPER comfortable, and I personally find that I can reach all buttons super easy.

10+ Year Old Account
    I should mention: I had a hard time getting my Naga to do macros. I tried to set up an "Alt+1" macro with it once and couldn't figure out how to make it work with WoW, though I'm sure there's a way.

Never really mattered, since my left hand is on the keyboard anyways.

10+ Year Old Account
    I should mention: I had a hard time getting my Naga to do macros. I tried to set up an "Alt+1" macro with it once and couldn't figure out how to make it work with WoW, though I'm sure there's a way.

Never really mattered, since my left hand is on the keyboard anyways.
    Your future tense and past tense, it confuses me. Did you ever find a way? I believe it's impossible using the num pad, but I seem to remember doing it fine with the top number keys. Don't really need modifiers on the mouse anyway, never really took advantage of it.