Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    That's completely WRONG.

As I said there was no player thread, there was a monster AI that evaluated the players and attacked the WEAKEST, not the strongest as you say.

That wasn't what I was suggesting - I meant protting/healing instead of doing damage.
    Ah I think I understand what you mean, and I'm not argumenting against it. Just statin what I've heard and seen, people asked I replied

If I remember there is a video explaining how the attacking works, check guru2 website the video section , it was one of the early ones
    "Bill Nye: So Todd I got an offer for you. You and me. Any time. Any place. Debating science mano- a-mano. I'll bring the facts, and you bring the Vaseline. Because your ass is gonna fucking need it when I'm done whipping."

Mr Eames: "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    But you could still sorta tank but you had to use body-blocking (yes you cannot run through monsters in GW and the same the other way around) I'm guessing it will be the same in GW2.
    No body blocking in GW2, you have to use your abilities not your giant ass warrior to make sure the mobs don't get you.

"Fools... Kill the one in the dress!"

Quote Originally Posted by Lathrall View Post
    Now I haven't had the chance to fully play GW1 yet, but something I found on YouTube was some older vids of Dhuume laying down the ban-hammer (ban-scythe) to spammers and trolls. Looked like a pretty epic way of getting rid of these type of folks and very entertaining indeed.
    Curious what they are going to bring in this time around to enact the same type of punishment.
    Yes, which is very good, because unlike blizzard who wants to keep as much people as they can cause they dont wanna lose that 15$ a month, since GW2 is B2P, they will get rid of Trolls or Harassing players quick. Arena net GM's are very involved in their games.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Psilo View Post
    In some of the demo footage I've seen, it looks like the Asura golems are running around quite a bit. What purpose do they serve in game?
    Asura racial skill. Also everyone can buy a different version for Karma.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Psilo View Post
    I know it is early to ask... I assume it has some offensive or defensive component, but is it an ability on CD or something more persistent? I'd rather not be running around in one all the time while in combat... so, I'm curious about it.
    It has a cooldown on the racial ability, but theres little info on them at the moment, and we know nothing on the suit bought for Karma, except it's bought for Karma.

You won't be using one all the time since racial skills are meant to be weaker in comparison to profession skills.

Quote Originally Posted by Pyre Fierceshot View Post
    It has a cooldown on the racial ability, but theres little info on them at the moment, and we know nothing on the suit bought for Karma, except it's bought for Karma.

You won't be using one all the time since racial skills are meant to be weaker in comparison to profession skills.
    Exactly, and I don't think Anet want people to choose a race because their racials are "better". Rather because you love the lore etc behind it. But ofc some people are going to take what is best because they want to be the best

Quote Originally Posted by Kakuzo View Post
    Exactly, and I don't think Anet want people to choose a race because their racials are "better". Rather because you love the lore etc behind it. But ofc some people are going to take what is best because they want to be the best
    This, if racials are useable during combat and not just cosmetic, they will give an advantage. And if all racials are different there will be one racial thats better than the other for certain classes.
    The difference wont be that big though, but in wow atleast WotF has saved my ass countless times, yet theres very little complaining about racials in WoW.

On another note, any info about professions in GW2 (as in jobs, like mining/herbalism/tailoring and so on)?

Quote Originally Posted by jtgizmo View Post
    If I remember there is a video explaining how the attacking works, check guru2 website the video section , it was one of the early ones
    find it and link it

Actually if you watch the gamescon presentation they come up on a Golem, is actually called a battlesuit and the asura is inside of it, which they said in the video.

And there's a few of them in the Shatterer fight, but it looks like you can only do a few close range attacks while inside of em.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blizzcon2011 View Post
    Actually if you watch the gamescon presentation they come up on a Golem, is actually called a battlesuit and the asura is inside of it, which they said in the video.

And there's a few of them in the Shatterer fight, but it looks like you can only do a few close range attacks while inside of em.
    Wait who are you trying to correct?

Quote Originally Posted by Pyre Fierceshot View Post
    Wait who are you trying to correct?
    Someone was trying to say it's just like a minion you summon.

Quote Originally Posted by Insaint View Post
    This, if racials are useable during combat and not just cosmetic, they will give an advantage. And if all racials are different there will be one racial thats better than the other for certain classes.
    The difference wont be that big though, but in wow atleast WotF has saved my ass countless times, yet theres very little complaining about racials in WoW.

On another note, any info about professions in GW2 (as in jobs, like mining/herbalism/tailoring and so on)?
    Yupp on their wiki. There's not too much info on them. As all the other things in the game. But that's what makes it interessting.

http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/03/10/gu...stem-detailed/

Best detailed info I could find

Edit: The wiki was down for me and this is a general description on all of them so

Deleted
    Someone was trying to say it's just like a minion you summon.
    Quote them next time so we all know who to jump on.

Yes the racial's will be usable in combat, and yes they do combat things, but they are lesser abilities according to the devs and more there for flavor, as in you wont want to use them as much over your baseline profession abilities.

Sweet! Thank you!

According to you link it looks like the basics of it is going to be your standard crafting system, like in WoW. But on the other hand theres a lot of info they havent released yet so crafting could be amazing. I really like how they dont have any gathering professions hopefully gathering profs will be like secondary profs in gw2

Deleted
    Sweet! Thank you!

According to you link it looks like the basics of it is going to be your standard crafting system, like in WoW. But on the other hand theres a lot of info they havent released yet so crafting could be amazing. I really like how they dont have any gathering professions hopefully gathering profs will be like secondary profs in gw2
    Theres mining.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Md_gKCVJrKk

Yes the racial's will be usable in combat, and yes they do combat things, but they are lesser abilities according to the devs and more there for flavor, as in you wont want to use them as much over your baseline profession abilities.
    For some reason 2 flaming dogs doesnt seem insignificant

Sweet! Thank you!

Don't think they are inplanting any secondary proffesions. You basicly just have to find shit by killing mobs for example. Big problem there is that grinding mobs for mats = not what they want. And gathering proffesions such as minning will probably not be implanted cause they don't wan't people to fight over nods or other things like herbs!

Also all I'm hoping for is fishing, I love it and hopefully they can implent it in a good way. But they havn't said anything about it

Edit: Seems my "gathering point" was utterly defeated sorry about that then!