Quote Originally Posted by Exroyal View Post
    Dat dance.

Am i the only one hoping for a Utopia expansion in GW2 ?
    I think it’d be a pretty cool idea.

However, I think they’ll more than likely base the first couple of expansions around either the rest of the elder dragons (Assuming some are still left after the defeat of Zhaitan), or visiting the continents of GW1 that Tyria has lost all contact with. I watched a video on youtube that talked about Asura lore and their civilization in the depth of Tyria. I'd like to go down there too... Apparently the Asura had close to six Rata Sum-size cities down there.

Either way, I’ve always wished chronomancers had made it into the game. Maybe they’ll be introduced in one of the expansions in GW2. Fingers suuuper crossed!

Last edited by Laste; 2012-05-20 at 09:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Laste View Post
    I think it’d be a pretty cool idea.

However, I think they’ll more than likely base the first couple of expansions around either the rest of the elder dragons (Assuming some are still left after the defeat of Zhaitan), or visiting the continents of GW1 that Tyria has lost all contact with. I watched a video on youtube that talked about Asura lore and their civilization in the depth of Tyria. I'd like to go down there too... Apparently the Asura had close to six Rata Sum-size cities down there.

Either way, I’ve always wished chronomancers had made it into the game. Maybe they’ll be introduced in one of the expansions in GW2. Fingers suuuper crossed!
    I love the utopia concept art. Much was used in EoTN but so much more was lost U can bet that Anet have it in storage though. One day we'll see the Amazonian themed area!

Also.........GIEF! the youtube vid on asura cities xD
    Please.

Quote Originally Posted by Squirrelbanes View Post
    I love the utopia concept art. Much was used in EoTN but so much more was lost U can bet that Anet have it in storage though. One day we'll see the Amazonian themed area!

Also.........GIEF! the youtube vid on asura cities xD
    Please.
    I think he only mentions the old cities briefly, but the entire video is really interesting. It's about a half an hour long, but it's definitely worth watching (Or listening to, rather) if you're into lore.

Quote Originally Posted by Laste View Post
    I think he only mentions the old cities briefly, but the entire video is really interesting. It's about a half an hour long, but it's definitely worth watching (Or listening to, rather) if you're into lore.
    Ahhhhh Mr Wooden Potatoes xD yh, I love his vids. Awesome for lore. And despite having spent ages looking into lore he always seems to somehow know things I hadn't even realised.
    Not seen this one yet. I'll buff it now.
    Thanks!
    Last edited by Squirrelbanes; 2012-05-20 at 12:04 PM.

Deleted
    Don't know if anyone talked about this yet http://projecttyria.blogspot.pt .

"Basically, Project Tyria is a project spanning all of the Guild Wars games dedicated to taking screenshots to show the physical changes in the world of Tyria. This includes pre and post searing before and after pictures as well as Guild Wars 1/Guild Wars 2 comparison pictures."

Deleted
    Asura are the "alligators" that live in our sewers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daffkeeks View Post
    Asura are the "alligators" that live in our sewers.
    Nah that's the Skritt

You can find that sewer the two asura's are talking about in that clip. It runs under the market place of LA and has a little open area once you go down. Have to swim to far east of the canals to find the drainage.

Also, the Charr voices are awesome.

Deleted
    sometimes it sounds like the conversations go to fast

Deleted
    Out of curiosity, how is the game shaping up in terms of presenting chat tools and emotes for role-players to make use of? It's something I've struggled to find some solid information on so far, especially since I do not know many people in the beta nor do I have access to it myself. A lot of the other aspects of the game are looking absolutely amazing for those of us who view role-play as something other than lingering in major settlements and flirting all day. I'm keen on just setting out in a random direction and reacting to events as and when they occur, which is something sorely lacking in WoW. With that in mind, I'd hate for GW2 to end up with an unfriendly chat and emote system for role-players when every other aspect of the game is perfect for us.
    Last edited by mmoc454417f773; 2012-05-21 at 09:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Taenathal View Post
    Out of curiosity, how is the game shaping up in terms of presenting chat tools and emotes for role-players to make use of? It's something I've struggled to find some solid information on so far, especially since I do not know many people in the beta nor do I have access to it myself. A lot of the other aspects of the game are looking absolutely amazing for those of us who view role-play as something other than lingering in major settlements and flirting all day. I'm keen on just setting out in a random direction and reacting to events as and when they occur, which is something sorely lacking in WoW. With that in mind, I'd hate for GW2 to end up with an unfriendly chat and emote system for role-players when every other aspect of the game is perfect for us.
    Loads of emotes. Chat system not so hot so far. Will hopefully change.

EDIT: Today's revealed changes show that chats have been enabled. Look gere: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ed-patch-notes. Under chat. Open up the image on the first post.
    Last edited by Squirrelbanes; 2012-05-21 at 09:46 AM.

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/1...MMO_design.php

I thought this part was pretty interesting...

"At one point we were delivering a full game's worth of content in six months. That's an insane pace," said Lye. "We know that launch is only the beginning and the players' appetite for content is virtually insatiable, so we devoted a lot of programming resources on content development tools that allow designers to do in hours what used to take weeks."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daffkeeks View Post
    sometimes it sounds like the conversations go to fast
    Yeah, I suspect it's a bug.

It's so uncool having GW2 installed and not being able to play it. I opened up the log in screen for the first time since the stress test (was checking something with the graphics options) and as soon as I heard the music I got excited...but I couldn't do anything with that excitement.

I just finished downloading the clientxD
    I have the login open for the first time.

Jesus.
    Are you serious that this login screen carries on into an actual game?
    Just..........
    No words.

lol what. did it really take a week+ to d/l the client, SB? that is awful.

Deleted
    Hey guys, long ago in the early stages of information about guild wars 2 I thought I had read something about racial skills, such as an Asura calling a golem to his side or the Norn transforming into their animal forms.
    Did I only read some fantasy of a user or did I imagined it completely?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Corros View Post
    Hey guys, long ago in the early stages of information about guild wars 2 I thought I had read something about racial skills, such as an Asura calling a golem to his side or the Norn transforming into their animal forms.
    Did I only read some fantasy of a user or did I imagined it completely?
    There are indeed racial skills. Charr get to wield the Charzooka (note: skill description is off)!
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Here is a youtube link for several of the racial skills. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdEvtzdVl8U