bonding monk on defending side in fa is hella funny
    btw don't farm doa for ur torm weapon, by the time you get all skills unlocked etc for it you could've farmed vaetir Or UW/FoW or Dest weapons or medals, and have gotten your weapon...
    Also the pvp title isn't worth it at all. 3points for 1mil(more actually) is really inefficient. You're better off just grinding codex/ra then and selling your keys to get 10 armours (a "normal" prestige armor costs about 100k,gwen ones are cheaper, proph ones are more expensive).
    (you do need a pvp guild for those though)
    If money is the issue => save 40k buy mats for destroyer weapons => sell destroyer weapons and make 10k profit, after doing this 4times you've already doubled your money.(Do not farm the mats, this is time inefficient)

Hi guys, we're running a Guild Wars 2 podcast. Latest episode is focusing on communities in and around MMOs.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7PZnwl14Ss

Quote Originally Posted by Meledelion View Post
    bonding monk on defending side in fa is hella funny
    btw don't farm doa for ur torm weapon, by the time you get all skills unlocked etc for it you could've farmed vaetir Or UW/FoW or Dest weapons or medals, and have gotten your weapon...
    Also the pvp title isn't worth it at all. 3points for 1mil(more actually) is really inefficient. You're better off just grinding codex/ra then and selling your keys to get 10 armours (a "normal" prestige armor costs about 100k,gwen ones are cheaper, proph ones are more expensive).
    (you do need a pvp guild for those though)
    If money is the issue => save 40k buy mats for destroyer weapons => sell destroyer weapons and make 10k profit, after doing this 4times you've already doubled your money.(Do not farm the mats, this is time inefficient)
    Thanks for the tips
    For the tormentor though...doesn't getting 1 of each basically give u an extra point for the 5 weapons? That's basically why I'm doing it. Do you think it's just time inefficient and easier to get that point elsewhere?
    I've already got 1 destroyer and 2 oppressor....so now it's like 2 points in 1. Just need 2 more diamonds for 1 more destroyer as well.
    I only need 1 more companion for another point too...so yh, it's very nearly done for the 30 points.
    I also have 450p so it's not rly money...I guess I just got it in my head to get 1 of each weap.
    Zhen Ormancer is the name. If you have the time to look...what do you think I should get if I don't get the pvp title? Very close to all guardians titles btw. Thanks

I dont think im going to go for any pvp titles, but like i said, i would like a tormented weapon. Just cant get my lazy ass to do something decent for once.

15+ Year Old Account
    I honestly just go for the points mention here.

Seems to be the most efficient way for me.

Quote Originally Posted by thebum06 View Post
    I honestly just go for the points mention here.

Seems to be the most efficient way for me.
    Looks ok. But you will never get a primeval armor for 4-8k. Normally around 15k at least. Not that that's a big deal tbh.
    I'll farm mats to an extent...or at least make sure I clear things. I generally find that gold is very easy to come by later on though...and getting things for HoM is just a byproduct of doing everything else.

Quote Originally Posted by Squirrelbanes View Post
    Thanks for the tips
    For the tormentor though...doesn't getting 1 of each basically give u an extra point for the 5 weapons? That's basically why I'm doing it. Do you think it's just time inefficient and easier to get that point elsewhere?
    I've already got 1 destroyer and 2 oppressor....so now it's like 2 points in 1. Just need 2 more diamonds for 1 more destroyer as well.
    I only need 1 more companion for another point too...so yh, it's very nearly done for the 30 points.
    I also have 450p so it's not rly money...I guess I just got it in my head to get 1 of each weap.
    Zhen Ormancer is the name. If you have the time to look...what do you think I should get if I don't get the pvp title? Very close to all guardians titles btw. Thanks
    1torm weapon costs about 22e which in turn is about 7k/e so that's 154k(ish) for that money you can easily buy 10+minipets (probably more like 20ish) which is 2points (cheapest weapons are destroyers though so selling OP weapons and getting Dest= more money saved )

Companions are way 2easy to not get, most efficient is 20/30 but 30/30 isn't really much of a hastle, armors are easily farmed and pets can be lvld easily aswell.

For you I'd go for 14more minis, one companion, 2armors and 2guardian titles

Regarding that guide, it's pretty wrong regarding proph armors, most proph armors require iron/granite which are quite costly in comparison to sets in other areas which cost bone, leather, cloth, ...

I was working on a guide a year ago with all the costs calculated in detail but it was taking 2much work and it wasn't really all that gamebreaking in comparison to others, just very detailed/optimised (most guides will get the same 70% but order varies).

For reference: http://exthom.spyl.net/Nevynn+Melede...tml?lang=en_US that's me on the extended one

Quote Originally Posted by Meledelion View Post
    1torm weapon costs about 22e which in turn is about 7k/e so that's 154k(ish) for that money you can easily buy 10+minipets (probably more like 20ish) which is 2points (cheapest weapons are destroyers though so selling OP weapons and getting Dest= more money saved )

Companions are way 2easy to not get, most efficient is 20/30 but 30/30 isn't really much of a hastle, armors are easily farmed and pets can be lvld easily aswell.

For you I'd go for 14more minis, one companion, 2armors and 2guardian titles

Regarding that guide, it's pretty wrong regarding proph armors, most proph armors require iron/granite which are quite costly in comparison to sets in other areas which cost bone, leather, cloth, ...

I was working on a guide a year ago with all the costs calculated in detail but it was taking 2much work and it wasn't really all that gamebreaking in comparison to others, just very detailed/optimised (most guides will get the same 70% but order varies).

For reference: http://exthom.spyl.net/Nevynn+Melede...tml?lang=en_US that's me on the extended one
    Thanks for the tips
    The 2 oppressor weapons I have came from medals and war supplies...coulda sold one and gone for destroyer but just thought meh /hassle.
    I think I'll take your advice on the points. I don't really fancy farming the other zkeys in JQ. But then again if I later decide to go for 50 I'll kick myself for having sold them.......decisions decisions lol.

Congrats on those extended achievements. That's rly quite impressive. I wonder how many people have 100/100.

So I am currently downloading the Eve Online client as I cannot force myself to run through harder difficulties on D3 (blasphemous I know), am I biting off more than I can chew? For reference, I have never been a hardcore MMO player but I very much enjoy harder games.

Quote Originally Posted by Yzak View Post
    Eve Online isn't so much in that it's harder... just be prepared to waste chunks of your life researching so that you can do something.

Don't get me wrong, it's a good game, and well carried out. I just can't reason wasting so much time on just research. = /
    I'm kind of nervous that if your ship blows up it's gone for good. Researching usually doesn't put me off stuff, excessive grinds I cannot handle.

Unless I'm mistaken, I don't think you do. It's been awhile since I've played it. And the research can take days if not a week or more at a time to complete, unless that has changed since I last played.
    Oh! By research you mean in-game research. I thought you meant actual research on how to play the game.

Yar, in game research, granted it's a mechanic that run even while not in game, just something I personally couldn't get used to. = /
    That might just work for me. Download's complete, gonna jump in and probably completely botch my race choices.

10+ Year Old Account
    i have not seen these linked anywhere yet:

NEW UNDERWATER PVP MAP

NEW GVG STYLE PVP MAP

off-topic: if anyone is in the Firefall Closed Beta holla at me (Rank 6 Assault mainly atm)
    "Cherish the quiet...before my STORM!"

For a $5/5000 in-game credit bonus for backing
    Star Citizen (MMO) or Squadron 42 (Single Player/Co-op) use my Referral code: STAR-3QDY-SZBG
    Star Citizen Video Playlist

That GVG map looks nice, I really like the double diagonal lay-out, always have
    (one diagonal=capt points the other is between the spawnpoints)
    Those were my 2main issues with pvp so far, circular map design ends up in rock/paper/scissors. People who played Domination Gamebattles 3v3/4v4 know what I'm getting at
    (khylo slightly favors Blue spwn point and niflehelm is circular )

Deleted
    Omg underwater pvp, not sure if I'll love or hate, has the potential to make some skills trivial

Quote Originally Posted by Zombina View Post
    Omg underwater pvp, not sure if I'll love or hate, has the potential to make some skills trivial
    Having that is actually quite a bold move by Arena Net.

As it might actually be the most hated thing ever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombina View Post
    many skills have an underwater version e.g. the Ele skill Tornado becomes a Whirlpool/Vortex underwater.
    "Cherish the quiet...before my STORM!"

For a $5/5000 in-game credit bonus for backing
    Star Citizen (MMO) or Squadron 42 (Single Player/Co-op) use my Referral code: STAR-3QDY-SZBG
    Star Citizen Video Playlist

Quote Originally Posted by Eternal Champion View Post
    Having that is actually quite a bold move by Arena Net.

As it might actually be the most hated thing ever.
    Gotta give props to ANet for taking such a risk.

Quote Originally Posted by Guilegamesh View Post
    Gotta give props to ANet for taking such a risk.
    without risks.. nothing new will happen

I really wonder: is Anet abandoning the GW2guru-forums? There hasn't been a new new post from them since Apr. 25th 2012. Is it because of the new forum? The own beta-forums? Or simply because there wasn't a lot to response to... (I don't think so). Hmm.

Asked them on Twitter, but I don't think I'll get an answer there - anyone an idea?