I don't know what to do on Friday. I was actually hoping they would delete all of our characters from the previous tests, so I'd be forced into trying new professions.

Plus I was planning on doing nothing but WvW, and then I read about the new 25-35 zone, so now I want to do that too on my lvl 25 necro. Then I read about the guardian changes, so now I'm gonna have to do some more testing on my guardian to play with the changes. I JUST DON"T KNOW!

I don't think I'll be trying any new professions at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dunno what I'll do either. Wanna start my Thief over for the sake of leveling with my girl from level 1, and also see what's improved with the personal story since BWE1... I could do that with downscaling obviously, but I know that me being higher level would still rankle her.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

So, umm, apparently I crit error everytime I try to run the updater. D:

---------- Post added 2012-06-07 at 12:02 AM ----------

Nevermind, an "-image" fixed it.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    So, umm, apparently I crit error everytime I try to run the updater. D:

---------- Post added 2012-06-07 at 12:02 AM ----------

Nevermind, an "-image" fixed it.
    Well shit, that was a lot easier than the stuff I was going to do to fix it.

Actually there's people posting now that the client has fixed itself, so maybe between the time you tried to launch it and the time you added -image Anet fixed it lol

Crit error, crit error, crit error, crit error, sending e-mail to A-Net, crit error, -image, oh hey it worked.

It's possible, but I'm holding my doubts on it having fixed itself.

Crit error, crit error, crit error, crit error, sending e-mail to A-Net, crit error, -image, oh hey it worked.

It's possible, but I'm holding my doubts on it having fixed itself.
    Right when you made your post there was a post on reddit saying it was working again, with people confirming it.

Quote Originally Posted by grandpab View Post
    Right when you made your post there was a post on reddit saying it was working again, with people confirming it.
    Stop making me feel useless D:

Stop making me feel useless D:
    lol, your fix fixed it for everyone else

It fixed it for me at least...or I thought so for a minute lol

I like this Mystic Forge thingy in LA Seems convenient because i always have tons of weapons with me i dont need.

No more then 1 day and about 10 hours left now!

Is there anywhere you can report any issues to Anet atm?
    Just had a blue screen while running the launcher and thought it could be useful for them to see the dump files.
    Can't see anything on the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Squirrelbanes View Post
    Is there anywhere you can report any issues to Anet atm?
    Just had a blue screen while running the launcher and thought it could be useful for them to see the dump files.
    Can't see anything on the forum.
    Sounds like a problem with the Drivers. When was the last time you updated?

you could just hang onto reporting the bug till their forums come up tomorrow.

Who is John Galt?

Deleted
    The mystic forge reminds me a little of a ploy I concocted when I was DM'ing an AD&D campaign years ago.

The party had way too much magic...so, through an intricate storyline, I stuck them deep under the sea in a cool vehicle...that was powered by sticking magical items in to a furnace. They gleefully melted down everything they owned just to try out all of the knobs and buttons and cool powers.

Ah - happy days.

Back on topic - the forge sounds a bit like crafting in diablo 3...in that you melt all your stuff down and get something of questionable use back. Perhaps my opinion is just skewed because I always seem to do terribly at those kinda things.

Of course, the aspect of the forge with specific "recipes" sounds like a fun idea.

Mystic forge/gasha/mystery boxes are an old Eastern MMO mechanic. Asian MMOs love item gambling almost as much as mob grinding & castle sieges.

Tera has such a system, in fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Mystic forge/gasha/mystery boxes are an old Eastern MMO mechanic. Asian MMOs love item gambling almost as much as mob grinding & castle sieges.

Tera has such a system, in fact.
    Asian MMOs are sadistic machinations, designed to torture and expell your very soul.

And I adore them.

And I adore them.
    And port out if you might lose "something"

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

And I adore them.
    I played RO, not an official server. Cool community so thats what i stuck around for, but thinking back on it it was just massmurdering the same monsters over and over. Litterally thousands of them, because you needed that one item they dropped at 0.05% (5x drop rates included). And that was just 1 item out of the 20 or so you needed with such a droprate.

Ow, and then you had to upgrade that item. Which had a chance to fail, and if it failed the item was destroyed. And you could start all over again.
    And then the leveling, hours and hours of grinding. Where it took as long to get from 97 to 99 as it did to get to 97.

Deleted
    GW 2 looks really neat, have only been looking into it lately but does absolutely look amazing both graphics wise aswell as gameplay.

Deleted
    Anyone know when the beta event this weekend starts? It only says the 8th in the email but it doesnt say which time exactly.