Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    As bad as that probably is for some people to read / hear, it's going to sound even worse when I say that I agree with you. I mean, legitimately I got butthurt that no one else was helping so I left, technically abandoning the event. I shouldn't have been awarded ANYTHING for that, let alone full XP and karma.
    When is the system going to say that you did a lot of work on the event, but abandoned it? Could also lead to unfair situations.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstorm View Post
    When is the system going to say that you did a lot of work on the event, but abandoned it? Could also lead to unfair situations.
    As much as I understand this probably seems a little harsh, maybe not give any rewards for failing an event? Or perhaps make it proximity based. If you go too far from the event, no XP for you.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    As much as I understand this probably seems a little harsh, maybe not give any rewards for failing an event? Or perhaps make it proximity based. If you go too far from the event, no XP for you.
    But dude, sometimes you WANT an event to fail, just to see what happens. If there was no reward, everybody would HATE when events failed, and would do everything to prevent, where now, people can let it go, because "it's not so bad, there's always the followup event".

Also sounds like a good way to get some anger into the community. "WTF I WORKED MY ASS OFF AND GOT NOTHING FOR IT, **** EVERYONE WHO NEVER HELPED ME RAAAWR!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah that's true. Apparently they've put more thought into this than I have. Go figure, lol.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rhandric View Post
    Open world != faceroll. When you take into account scaling, and realize that (even ignoring such debuffs WoW had to prevent zerging of world bosses) zerging isn't always possible.... Each death (or even downed state) means you'll be weaker next downed state, eventually (after as few as ~3 deaths, maybe even downings) instantly dying rather than even having a downed state...Then realize that Elite DEs aren't intended to be a guaranteed win, and while the "average" win rate of DEs is meant to be 40-60%, I suspect some EDEs will be closer to 10%...

When victory isn't the means to the end, but participation is the goal and provides rewards regardless of success or failure to varying degrees, it opens up the degree of difficulty available to developers.
    Meaning we, as guilds/grp of friend/whatever trying to do an EDE, would be at the mercy of anyone that either comes into the zone to troll, isn't interested in the event, or just basically doesn't know right from left ?
    I HIGHLY doubt that considering the pains gw2 devs have been going to in order to prevent grieffing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ayashi View Post
    Meaning we, as guilds/grp of friend/whatever trying to do an EDE, would be at the mercy of anyone that either comes into the zone to troll, isn't interested in the event, or just basically doesn't know right from left ?
    I HIGHLY doubt that considering the pains gw2 devs have been going to in order to prevent grieffing.
    They can't troll, and they can't grief. The moment they start participating, the content scales up. If they stop participating, it will just scale back down. ANet is extremely skilled at preventing griefing, as well, considering they constantly test for potential ways to grief everything, literally everything, that they put in.

People trying to troll/grief are more likely to get themselves killed than ruin an EDE.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    They can't troll, and they can't grief. The moment they start participating, the content scales up. If they stop participating, it will just scale back down. ANet is extremely skilled at preventing griefing, as well, considering they constantly test for potential ways to grief everything, literally everything, that they put in.

People trying to troll/grief are more likely to get themselves killed than ruin an EDE.
    Hopefully the scaling gets sorted before launch........shadow behemoth going down in about 30 seconds was a real bummer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Squirrelbanes View Post
    Hopefully the scaling gets sorted before launch........shadow behemoth going down in about 30 seconds was a real bummer.
    Have to admit, they have to improve that scaling. I think they're underestimating what players are capable of.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    Have to admit, they have to improve that scaling. I think they're underestimating what players are capable of.
    I think it didn't take into account all the new players rushing in to do it. If it had scaled to the number of players, regardless of how capable each one was it seems impossible that he should go down so quickly. Can't see how it could be the players tbh, more an actual problem with the scaling itself.

Down scaling needs to scale down more too.

Deleted
    http://www.guildwarsinsider.com/weapon-models-asura Possible Weapon Models Of The Asura

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DiamondDust View Post
    http://www.guildwarsinsider.com/weapon-models-asura Possible Weapon Models Of The Asura
    ZOMG so much awesome. Do want that rifle
    (That's the same bow we were talking about yesterday)

Also, GWinsider seems to have missed the significance of a race specific flamethrower model.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    ZOMG so much awesome. Do want that rifle
    (That's the same bow we were talking about yesterday)

Also, GWinsider seems to have missed the significance of a race specific flamethrower model.
    Thought you would like it and i like the sword and i dont think they forgot, maybe they just didnt have a good picture of it to go along with the others

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by grandpab View Post
    Down scaling needs to scale down more too.
    This is quite true.

OMG I want that longbow. Now.
    Purply circly bits...wow
    And if it somehow shoots purple arrows /faint.

Asura weapons look like they are from the future!

10+ Year Old Account
    A Mif exclusive
    I believe it's a speargun.

InB4C&D

At people saying it will be "harder" for guilds to be 'elitist' for PvP guilds, they'll probably focus on sPvP and have requirements like, show t1-tx item before invite (tier items are defined by amount of glory aquired)like in GW champ +3, glad +7, Hero +9(, or just simply tokens from dungeon x y or z (probably later dungeons) like UW.
    People are very good at finding reasons to discriminate others.

I don't really see the bad thing in this either, it just makes you strive to get more of X internally sure you'll suffer at first but in the end it doesn't even matter. Since you tried so hard and got so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    A Mif exclusive
    I believe it's a speargun.

InB4C&D
    It's clearly a raygun

That's a bubble gun, it just blows bubbles. That's why it has bubbles on it.