I don't understand why people think that humans allying with the charr is completely unreasonable. I would just say that it proves how much trouble the land is going through. It serves as a catalyst for tons of interesting lore and events in the game that will be incredibly awesome.

Here's me, absolutely stoked that the charr are joining us! ^.^

After killing so many Charr in GW it is hard for me to think of them as allies. That said, they will be my first character.

If you read Ghosts of Ascalon it basically states that its not so much peace or allying as it is a tentative truce until the Elder Dragons have been taken care of. And you cant really call the Charr good or bad its more a matter of perspective. The Humans kicked the Charr out of their home and they want it back.

Quote Originally Posted by zombiemike168 View Post
    If you read Ghosts of Ascalon it basically states that its not so much peace or allying as it is a tentative truce until the Elder Dragons have been taken care of. And you cant really call the Charr good or bad its more a matter of perspective. The Humans kicked the Charr out of their home and they want it back.
    I'm gonna quote myself: "I would just say that it proves how much trouble the land is going through."

And I would say that allying means "working together", so I understand that it is temporary. The main problem I think people see is that humans and charr have been in war for a looong time and it's not a matter of good or bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Blznsmri View Post
    There aren't any orcs in the Guild Wars universe. And demons are servants of Dhuum and Abaddon, so that's a no-go.

Just read this on the Wikia and thought it was funny.
    thanks! not too familiur w/ the GW universe so i didn't know. I guess it makes sense. ill be playing the charr so i guess it doesn't matter. GW still look cool and all!
    Just thought they could add a wider range of faces. Gameplay is important anyway (plus im still stickin to Wow since GW2 is proly free sub.)and wow is more appealing to me.

---------- Post added 2011-06-08 at 01:25 AM ----------

had no idea sylv could be green. thanks.
    Last edited by TheEaterofSouls; 2011-06-08 at 05:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    No personal story is "personal" which means it's solo content, you can have other people join you but then they'll just be helping you with your story. So basically there isn't much point in not doing it solo.
    He was talking about "Story Mode" dungeons, not "personal story". When I said "both" I was referring to both types of dungeons. Try to read next time, okay?

You have to remember the GW universe already exist,they aren't making it up from scratch.

If some new playable race suddenly appeared it would be really weird.

(and obviously some new race did appear, the sylvari so they made a special story for them).
    Whether a universe exists already or not is irrelevant. They can very easily add in playable orcs or demons if they wanted to. Should they? No. But if they can come up with a story for the Sylvari, then they can come up with a story for either of those two or whatever race(s) they wish to add.
    Last edited by ErrantBlood; 2011-06-08 at 07:23 AM.

I don't think they really need to add anymore races. If I recall they have a fair amount made now, and come on, haven't we been waiting long enough?

On another subject, who are the main antagonists in this game? I haven't followed the lore much, I know Charr were mainly them in the original Guild Wars, but what now? I know the elder dragons, but I'm sure they aren't the only ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Underskilled View Post
    I don't think they really need to add anymore races. If I recall they have a fair amount made now, and come on, haven't we been waiting long enough?

On another subject, who are the main antagonists in this game? I haven't followed the lore much, I know Charr were mainly them in the original Guild Wars, but what now? I know the elder dragons, but I'm sure they aren't the only ones.
    The Elder Dragons and their lieutenants are the main antagonist as far as the plot goes. Specifically Zhaitan for now. Theres other bad things in the game such as pirates and centaurs but you really couldnt call them the antagonists.

Nah charrs weren't really the main enemy in GW

Check http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Storyline there is a short summary of each chapter.
    Interesting, I'll definitely have to take a look at the full stories of each chapter later.

Quote Originally Posted by zombiemike168 View Post
    The Elder Dragons and their lieutenants are the main antagonist as far as the plot goes. Specifically Zhaitan for now. Theres other bad things in the game such as pirates and centaurs but you really couldnt call them the antagonists.
    Hmm, hopefully they will have other enemies rising up to be large important baddies, don't want them to overdo it with the dragons like many other MMO's have

Quote Originally Posted by Underskilled View Post

Honestly while the char were fairly important antagonists in the lore in game they played a relatively small part. they were only involved in the first third of prophesies and half of that time was "were fleeing them but were actualy fighting dwarves right now" After you enter the shiverpeaks you don't actually see a char agian till EOTN. From a gameplay point they were basically the driving force in thrusting the hero's onto their path but were uninvolved after that point.

Who is John Galt?

10+ Year Old Account
    give me some mursaat in gw2, my favorite bad guys ever in games

10+ Year Old Account
    Btw one of my favorite game trailers is the factions one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87kahzFP_E4
    Vizu's a bamf...
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

Nah charrs weren't really the main enemy in GW

Check http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Storyline there is a short summary of each chapter.

Btw one of my favorite game trailers is the factions one:

TBH this trailer looked more like it would be of some new game from Team Ninja (Ninja Gaiden & Dead or Alive) than Guild Wars :>

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Contego View Post
    TBH this trailer looked more like it would be of some new game from Team Ninja (Ninja Gaiden & Dead or Alive) than Guild Wars :>
    Psh... You can clearly see the ritualists, luxons and kurzicks... and vizu... the bamfiest bamf of them all.

Hey guys, just arrived. Is GW2 at the e3? new videos?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ikelepte View Post
    Hey guys, just arrived. Is GW2 at the e3? new videos?
    Arena Net doesn't go to E3. They go to PAX.

Quote Originally Posted by Blznsmri View Post
    Arena Net doesn't go to E3. They go to PAX.
    And when is PAX going to be?

10+ Year Old Account
    from the gw2 website:

San Diego Comic- Con (July 21-24) How could we miss the granddaddy of all pop-cultural conventions? We’ll send an elite team of artists and devs down to the San Diego Convention Center to meet fans and do signings. Drop by the NCsoft booth to play Guild Wars 2 and try your hand at the engineer!

Gamescom (August 17-21) in Cologne, Germany will be our first European show this year, and as usual we will bring a playable demo along and will show you a bunch of new surprises that we can’t talk about yet - you’ll have to stop by our booth to see for yourself! We will also have our traditional costume competition for our European fans, so start gathering your crafting materials!

Rest is for the weak! The weekend after gamesom, our entire studio will descend upon PAX Prime (August 26-28) here in Seattle. This is our home turf, so expect big surprises, cool swag, interesting panels, and a ton of Guild Wars 2 demo stations.

Sure, summer is officially over by the time we reach October, but we’re not done yet! We’ll return to Europe once more for the massive Paris Games Week (October 21-25), where we’ll bring our hands-on demo for our French fans – enez nous dire bonjour si vous passez dans le coin!

Im no longer sure what profession i want to play they all look so great awww!! I will have 1 of everything but i dont know what will be my main.

Deleted
    once again that explanation about why they would not go to E3 really puts my faith in the company. Not wanting to waste money on fancy booths and advertising that wouldnt be hands on enough for the fans / really be able to showcase it in a way that the fans would like.

missing out on marketing and plugging their product at such a big event to save money and to do it properly at PAX instead shows a real care for their target audience and once again shows they value their customers investment of time above maxing out HUGE profit margins like most other games.

unless theres some sort of hidden reason like cant do both or they arnt welcome at E3 after some sort of incident (i hope getting drunk taking a dump on some other crappy games stand xD)