Quote Originally Posted by Nebthet View Post
    Been playing some thief, and all I can say is, how ridiculously good is it?

Isn't its mobility and evasive power waaaay too efficient?

I mean really, it felt just ridiculous, at least coming from an accustomed engineer.
    Its mobility/avoidance are quite high, but don't forget that almost all of that comes from Initiative. And it's easy to burn yourself dry on Initiative and have nothing.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Quote Originally Posted by Nebthet View Post
    Been playing some thief, and all I can say is, how ridiculously good is it?

Isn't its mobility and evasive power waaaay too efficient?

I mean really, it felt just ridiculous, at least coming from an accustomed engineer.
    Yea, Thieves are crazy evasive through abilities but if you manage to lock them down (immobilize, stun, knockdown) they squish really hard. Guess thats how they intended to balance them.

Played a Pistol+Dagger/ Dagger/Dagger build not as crazy mobile as the shortbow or sword but still pretty evasive.
    "Haters give me balance, every Kyle's got a Cartman." -George Watsky

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sidneycrosby View Post
    can we modify our characters appearance/gender/background after creation, ala WoWs paid character customization? i'm assuming no on the personal choices, since they govern the personal storyline, but what about appearance, gender, etc?
    They'll probably add it eventually, took them forever to add something like that in GW1 I believe. Maybe not personal story changes, but for looks? Might show up eventually.

After Rift and WarCraft's hairstylist, Tyria feels a little empty without one.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

They will probably wait till demand is high to add a feature like that to the cast shop. A year or 2 after release I'd honestly say when people are really begging for it.

Quote Originally Posted by PonyCannon View Post
    They will probably wait till demand is high to add a feature like that to the cast shop. A year or 2 after release I'd honestly say when people are really begging for it.
    2 yrs o.0 How many gamers do you know now who are prepared to wait 2 years...?
    More than likely they're just working out exactly if it will be a paid feature and how much they can charge for it.

Of course nobody would want to wait 2 years for it but I feel if they released it after 2 years everybody would jump all over it. I personally would love the ability to at least change my hair right away and preferably for gold not gems.

---------- Post added 2012-08-03 at 12:25 AM ----------

Trait changes from the stress test posted on Guru.

http://www.guildwars2guru.com/news/6...s-stress-test/

Quote Originally Posted by PonyCannon View Post
    Of course nobody would want to wait 2 years for it but I feel if they released it after 2 years everybody would jump all over it. I personally would love the ability to at least change my hair right away and preferably for gold not gems.

---------- Post added 2012-08-03 at 12:25 AM ----------

Trait changes from the stress test posted on Guru.

http://www.guildwars2guru.com/news/6...s-stress-test/
    Oh yh totally.....there would be even greater demand then, it having built up loads over the years.
    They'd prob get more ppl using it over those 2 years though if it was just released at launch.
    It really is a must-have feature.

10+ Year Old Account
    Without bumping the relevant thread for obvious reasons, anyone complaining about camera turn speed just has a poor computer. I experimented with camera speed for the first time today, and on max the camera was uncontrollable and made the game completely unplayable.

Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    Without bumping the relevant thread for obvious reasons, anyone complaining about camera turn speed just has a poor computer. I experimented with camera speed for the first time today, and on max the camera was uncontrollable and made the game completely unplayable.
    Yh...the turn speed wasn't the issue.......at max it's ridiculous.......
    it's just most ppl who were trying to explain what their issue was had the vocabulary of a flatulent wort hog.
    There's a slight smoothing effect to the camera - i guess designed to make it feel in a way cinematic...it's actually more prominent if u move the camera slowly...and made some ppl uncomfortable. It really is barely noticeable.
    I've got no issue with it and don't see how if affects game play in the slightest...but meh.

It's at low to mid slider that the camera is sluggish. Esp. with the free camera option not ticked. More so than sluggish camera turn speed the irksome feature for me was the limited input the game accepts while mouse driving.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    It's at low to mid slider that the camera is sluggish. Esp. with the free camera option not ticked. More so than sluggish camera turn speed the irksome feature for me was the limited input the game accepts while mouse driving.
    Huuumm...you mean character wise you don't feel the control is deft or sensitive enough?
    That's something I've heard a few times. I haven't had much of an issue with it because, well...gw2 doesn't seem overall to be about finesse most of the time.

Not deft enough. It doesn't bother me too much, so I should get that out of the way. Just have to keep adjusting in all likelihood. Simply saying, the camera is [relatively] less snappy than in other MMOs.

Limited input though... ugh. Separate issue from camera and really kinda awful.

Not deft enough. It doesn't bother me too much, so I should get that out of the way. Just have to keep adjusting in all likelihood. Simply saying, the camera is [relatively] less snappy than in other MMOs.

Limited input though... ugh. Separate issue from camera and really kinda awful.
    I wonder how much we will be able to change it by control options.
    I understand what you mean by not snappy. Like with running and acceleration they're going for a more natural feel over the snappy totally free-for-all character control in other games.
    I'm sure it's just a matter of getting used to it though. One thing we can be certain about is that the style will be across the board - mobs, mechanics, whatever - so it's not a negative thing in terms of gameplay. just style.
    I like it. It makes the asura animations that more awesome
    Last edited by Squirrelbanes; 2012-08-03 at 01:46 AM. Reason: Because Im certain it is a design choice :p

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    After Rift and WarCraft's hairstylist, Tyria feels a little empty without one.
    It's almost assured that they will have this feature in the cash shop like they did in GW1.

Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    Really because I wouldn't mind it being even faster. Lol, well I do play CoD on 10 sensitivity and have always like insanely fast turn speed so...

Quote Originally Posted by Squirrelbanes View Post
    I wonder how much we will be able to change it by control options.
    I understand what you mean by not snappy. Like with running and acceleration they're going for a more natural feel over the snappy totally free-for-all character control in other games.
    I'm sure it's just a matter of getting used to it though. One thing we can be certain about is that the style will be across the board - mobs, mechanics, whatever - so it's not a negative thing in terms of gameplay. just style.
    I like it. It makes the asura animations that more awesome
    This isn't a bad point. One I wish more were keen on- this is the style of GW2. Not a good or bad qualifier. Just intended style. Deal.

People are just stupid.

Anyone notice the change in difficulty? I definitely did on my Thief. Died a heck of a lot more today.

One thing does irritate me a bit though, the respawns in some of the areas are way too quick. I'd clear to get to a skill challenge where I have to fight a vet mob. While I'm fighting that mob, respawns occur right in the previous area that I cleared and joined the fight. Seemed like at about a 30 second timer on all of that.

Nope. Seemed about the same. I died falling off a mountain. No other deaths this ST.

Not sure what the big change was either way.

Nope. Seemed about the same. I died falling off a mountain. No other deaths this ST.

Not sure what the big change was either way.
    Might of been that I wasn't playing my ranger, which is easy mode in this game