Quote Originally Posted by Shamanic View Post
    Officially Midnight PDT - You can get a timer from here to work out what that is http://gw2status.com/ but it's 6 days and 23 hours from now (oh my god).

BUT they've also said that they may bring up the servers, up to 3 hours in advance, so potentially from 9pm PDT on the 24th but no guarantee until midnight.
    Ugh ._. Moving that weekend, and trying to make sure I get my names locked in, in time. Evil 3 hour window!
    Thanks though

Quote Originally Posted by Derah View Post
    2: In GW2 are there any major characters? I mean, one of the things that put me off big time on Lineage II was the overwhelming lack of any noticeable NPCs, like recurring protagonists, or main characters that we encounter on a regular basis. On wow, there's several major lore figures that either are important in the background, or we encounter on a regular basis in each expansion, and are names we easily recognize. Such a Hemet Nesigwary, Mankirk, Nazgrim, Thrall, Sylvannas, Jaina, Muradin, Varian, Anduin, ect.

I was wondering if GW2 had such a group of recurring NPCs that we meet on a regular basis. OR if it is like Lineage II, where just about everyone is an unimportant irrelevant NPC that we never ever meet again.
    from one of the latest Anet Blogposts:
    The third type of story supports both the world and the personal stories: the story of the iconic characters of Guild Wars 2—Zojja, Logan, Rytlock, Caithe, and Eir. These are great heroes among their people who serve as mentors to characters of the same race. Your mentor plays an important role in your character’s life early in the game. You meet them in your first personal story adventure, and your actions impress them. Your relationship with them evolves over time as you eventually become an equal, a friend, and an ally.

As you’ll learn, these iconic heroes each have their own problems and painful history together. All of the iconics were former members of the famed adventuring band Destiny’s Edge, which was torn apart by tragedy. The whys and wherefores are explained in the game (as well as in the novel Edge of Destiny, by J. Robert King), and part of uniting the races involves reuniting the members of Destiny’s Edge.

In the challenging multiplayer dungeons of Guild Wars 2, you help Destiny’s Edge come to terms with their past and reunite to face Zhaitan. This iconic story, told through the dungeons, contributes to your personal story—but is not a requirement. That is, if you don’t care for multiplayer instances, your story will still be dynamic and rewarding. But experiencing the story of those dungeons adds a richness and depth to the overall story of Guild Wars 2. The iconic story, along with your personal story and that of the overall world, all lead to the City of the Gods and an ultimate confrontation with Zhaitan.
    http://www.arena.net/blog/telling-stories-from-global-to-personal-and-back-again

Then you've the other novel ("Ghosts of Ascalon") which had a few very interesting characters too. Some of those (probably the one's still alive) will be in the game as well. I met the main character (Dougal Keane) in Lions Arch and he told me a few quite interesting things.

so you see, there is plenty of this in GW2, it's not mandatory to read the novels, because it will be explained in the game too.
    Last edited by Maarius; 2012-08-18 at 08:40 AM.

I noticed they said they'd be bringing Guild Halls to GW2, but they won't be out initially.

I plan to lead a guild, and I'm curious - just how expensive are these going to be? Is there any word? What bought 'skills' will be required first?(high levels of architecture?)

10+ Year Old Account
    Awesome Sylvari cosplay from Gamescom

Deleted
    Is it true that when a server reaches certain amount of players you won't be able to chose it as your homeworld? If it is, doesn't that mean that on launch day, there is the potential that some servers will be filled up by people who pre purchased/pre ordered and you won't be able to chose them as your homeworld?
    Last edited by mmoc0894f71233; 2012-08-18 at 09:30 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ggnore View Post
    Is it true that when a server reaches certain amount of players you won't be able to chose it as your homeworld? If it is, doesn't that mean that on launch day, there is the potential that some servers will be filled up by people who pre purchased/pre ordered and you won't be able to chose them as your homeworld?
    i think that is a distinct possibility. We ran into this during the beta weekends, I couldn't get on my target server as it was Full.
    Valar morghulis

Quote Originally Posted by KryptoX View Post
    I know that the mouse wheel is set to zoom in/out as default, and that it was indeed listed in the hotkey settings page, so binding the wheel to something else shouldn't be a problem as far as I can see. Not sure about the shift-modifier though, but I can't imagine it being a problem.

Remember though, that you don't need nearly as many keys bound as in other MMO's. See http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Weap...st_five_skills for an explanation if you need it
    Nice thanks. The link is also very helpful. At first it seems that you will need very little keybinds in compare to other MMOs but then you have to think that you must use all this without ever stop moving, so without ever take your hand from wasd. So this really make it more restrict :P Thats why I need to have those specific keybinds, because they are the most comfortable to use while moving
    The trick of selling a FFA-PvP MMO is creating the illusion among gankers that they are respectable fighters while protecting them from respectable fights, as their less skilled half would be massacred and quit instead of “HTFU” as they claim.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    Awesome Sylvari cosplay from Gamescom
    Where did you find that Gem, i had a look at G4TV but she wasn't in that bunch of pics.(video game category anyway)

Deleted
    Mif is working for ArenaNet of course. And he can read in my mind. I've been exploring gw again some time ago + post with comparison mop trailer to one of Kryta's area and what? New quests in Guild Wars 1. A lot of exploring Nostalgia time!

10+ Year Old Account
    But I've been using XP for the past 10 years, thus I know it inside out. With Seven everything is new, and I know JACK SQUAT! T_T

Whenever there's a problem, I may as well be trying to read a chinese news paper. Having to re-learn all the ins and outs of an OS isn't something I enjoy, I'm a historian, and an aspiring future chef, not a technician =(
    The fun thing, though, is that looking for help with Windows problems online, they're typically going to assume you're using Windows 7. Adapt! Don't be like a stubborn old man who refuses to get a new car because his old one works just fine!
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    The fun thing, though, is that looking for help with Windows problems online, they're typically going to assume you're using Windows 7. Adapt! Don't be like a stubborn old man who refuses to get a new car because his old one works just fine!
    Fun Fact about me: know when I replaced my old Windows 98 with Windows XP? on 2003 :P

When it comes to OS I just don't like changes, if its working, why try to fix it?

Por que odiar si amar es mas dulce? (*^_^*)

10+ Year Old Account
    Fun Fact about me: know when I replaced my old Windows 98 with Windows XP? on 2003 :P

When it comes to OS I just don't like changes, if its working, why try to fix it?
    Because Windows 7 works dramatically better. :P

If it ain't broke, you're not innovating.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

10+ Year Old Account

Yeah, that's my view too. I still have Vista and I love it. I might try 8 at some point but I doubt it.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Aliyra/simple
    PM me if you ever want to add me for Hearthstone!

10+ Year Old Account
    Ew, Vista. If you have Vista, you definitely want to upgrade. It's been forever, so I forget the specifics, but Vista is absolutely terrible for PC gaming of any sort.

http://www.maximumpc.com/article/rev...ndows_7_review
    Last edited by DrakeWurrum; 2012-08-18 at 02:30 PM.

When does Windows 8 release?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Exroyal View Post
    When does Windows 8 release?
    October 26, 2012 (2 seconds of googling)

10+ Year Old Account
    Interesting read on Windows 8 btw: http://www.zdnet.com/windows-8-vs-wi...ed-7000002671/

And I was already impressed with 7. Ever since I first tried 7, I've always said that it was the first Windows OS they got right. Of course, no reason to upgrade to Windows 8 just yet, insofar as gaming is concerned.
    Last edited by DrakeWurrum; 2012-08-18 at 02:33 PM.

Vista is horrible and you should totally upgrade. Seriously.
    8 is supposed to be good.......but the whole anti-steam thing has me worried.
    XP is still a rly nice system.
    7 fixes most things that were wrong with Vista.

It's like my fairly recent change from IE to Chrome. I never knew it was terrible until I changed. I am a measurably happier person after doing it though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Squirrelbanes View Post

It's like my fairly recent change from IE to Chrome. I never knew it was terrible until I changed. I am a measurably happier person after doing it though.
    The what now??

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Squirrelbanes View Post

Most people seem to draw the conclusion that Windows 7 is basically Windows XP performance-wise, but fitted with many great/useful features that XP doesn't have.