10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aterons View Post
    So before i was Aion saying that there grinding is better then wow grinding
    Now its gw saying there phasing ( player actions having and effect on the world, as they like to call it ) is better then wow phasing...
    Very contructive, especially without a question or a precise point...

I'm going to assume you are asking a question, because that is better than assuming you are just coming in here to flame a bit.

Yes, WoW phasing is sub par.

My SWTOR guild: www.radguild.com
    USA West Coast PvP server: The Bastion
    Get your Game of Thrones on at Winteriscoming.net

Quote Originally Posted by Eikichi View Post
    I really think both GW2 and SWTOR can coexist. If swtor is a flop(which I highly doubt) then I would definately give GW2 a try. All I remember from the franchise though was a big disappointment from GW1.
    I'm still waiting to hear about some meaningful PvP in SWTOR. All they've announced so far is instanced BG's...Zzz. I like SWTOR's style and setting, but I crave some RvR like DAOC had, and GW2 is going to have that.

Quote Originally Posted by Aterons View Post
    So before i was Aion saying that there grinding is better then wow grinding
    Now its gw saying there phasing ( player actions having and effect on the world, as they like to call it ) is better then wow phasing...
    As I understand it, GW2 does not use phasing.

In WoW: you do quests which shift you into a separate phase. While in that phase, only people in the same phase can play with you.

In GW2: we lose the battle to save the city, and that city is lost - for everyone If you turn up 10 minutes later, having not taken part in the event, you still find a city over-run with pirates. You can then help reclaim it if you want to.

So unlike in WoW, there will be nothing in GW2 to prevent new people joining at any point.

Edit to add: I hate WoW phasing, almost as much as I hate wotlk vehicles. It's infuriating, makes teamwork harder, causes bugs with gathering . . . blergh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevoman View Post
    I love these changes. Maybe it's because I've always valued utility and teamwork over my personal meter whoring, but the ability to pop Heart and step in for a dead healer/tank for 45s to save the day is Druidism at its finest IMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by DoubleDragon
    Technically dragon eating human is not cannibalism. It is misfortunate inconvinience.

10+ Year Old Account
    No phasing in GW2 indeed, maybe except for some personal story stuff but that's mostly instanced afaik (personal dungeons ftw )
    Monk, I need a monk!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jvbastel View Post
    No phasing in GW2 indeed, maybe except for some personal story stuff but that's mostly instanced afaik (personal dungeons ftw )
    Yes, phasing is for personal story/dungeons only.

There will no phasing outside of those two.

I Cannot wait for this game, the worlds just look brilliant art wise, and the dynamic gameplay seems like just the mmo change i need.

Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    Except that isn't really phasing, it's instanced.
    Indeed.
    For example when player A invites player B into group - his personal story instance and play together, even if they're at the same stage of personal story B can help A but only A's personal story will progress.. B have to go back and do it himself.
    You can invite others and play together, but you have to do personal story by yourself. You have an alternative as dynamic events and pvp to play with friends but.. yeah.
    They were talking about it some time ago, cant bother looking for source.

Oh good, that's very good to hear. I never understood why WoW needed to have phasing. In a multiplayer game, phasing is just annoying, and I remember when back in WotLK I needed help with a quest, and when two of my friends came to assist me, they were on a different phase of the quest. So I received no help. Thank god that GW2 will be different.

Does anyone know if rangers will be "forced" to bring a pet or will they keep the choice like having to bring comfort animal or w/e?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Meledelion View Post
    Does anyone know if rangers will be "forced" to bring a pet or will they keep the choice like having to bring comfort animal or w/e?
    Rangers will always have a pet
    Monk, I need a monk!!!

They want pets to be a part of the class, so they don't want it to be optional whether or not you bring one. Pets in their current state seem kind of weak... so hopefully they change that so that they actually seem like they're doing something.

Quote Originally Posted by wynnyelle View Post
    They want pets to be a part of the class, so they don't want it to be optional whether or not you bring one. Pets in their current state seem kind of weak... so hopefully they change that so that they actually seem like they're doing something.
    They are revamping the whole pet system for Rangers.

Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    Because it's good for storytelling, remember before WotLK most quests were pretty pointless, with WotLK they made questing much better.
    Used in moderation it is fine, the wrathgate was a perfect example of where it should be used. However in many places they have overdone it while playing with their new toy. Icecrown was an example of phasing overdone and getting in the way. In particular putting the ICC meeting stone in a phased area was just stupid. There was at least 3 different phases there, default, crusader quest active, and IC quests complected. was a pain having to send 5 people out to find 2 that could see each other to summon.

The major drawback with how wow did phasing is they did not include a way to forcibly join a party member's phase. Nothing is more immersion breaking than following your buddie to help them with a quest than for them to vanish into another phase suddenly or to have them engage in combat with an enemy only they can see.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Merendel View Post
    was a pain having to send 5 people out to find 2 that could see each other to summon.
    Umm.. Assuming you mean out of the instance when you say "out", warlocks could summon people inside raids. Could since the start of Wrath.

Quote Originally Posted by Verazh View Post
    Umm.. Assuming you mean out of the instance when you say "out", warlocks could summon people inside raids. Could since the start of Wrath.
    "Bring the player not the class" See what I did thar? ;D
    Not all raids have locks :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Verazh View Post
    Most ten man guilds didn't have all 10 classes.
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blznsmri View Post
    Most ten man guilds didn't have all 10 classes.
    But warlocks was generally not one of the ones left out. Leave out a warrior and DK in favor of 3 paladins? Sure. Take two priests instead of two mages? Workable. No warlock? In my experience, very rare.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    But warlocks was generally not one of the ones left out. Leave out a warrior and DK in favor of 3 paladins? Sure. Take two priests instead of two mages? Workable. No warlock? In my experience, very rare.
    Usually depends on the guild, 1 guild could have a warlock every time while other guilds its rare to have a warlock

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    My guild only had one lock and often couldn't raid cause of work.

Dude turned out to be a major d-bag, but still.
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

Firelands will be changing how phasing works... at least, for those quests. Blizzard doesn't bother updating or fixing the old stuff. Now before you mention Cataclysm, they actually removed all the old stuff, replaced it with new stuff and still left the stuff that needs to be fixed alone.

I have to admit, it is/was very rare to not see at least one warlock in every raid. Of course, I haven't done much in terms of raiding but if I'm not mistaken, all of mine had a warlock to at least summon us all in.