Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    The more I played ESO the less I wanted to play ESO, if that makes sense. It got to the point where I didn't even bother with the past 2 betas. I recently cancelled my preorder as I just don't feel like playing it anymore. WoW is dead to me, has been for a long time now although the garrisons look neat but not enough for me to buy the past two expansions plus WoD and a sub fee. I'm sticking with GW2 for my mmo needs and wants until The Division comes out.
    It makes no sense! ESO is the first game I've played since WoW where I felt like there was an "RPG" in MMORPG. It had me caring about characters and events as early as level 5, something that even after a year of playing games like Rift and GW2 failed to do. The fact that I can make choices in what happens during a quest chain is just amazing to me as well. I also love the amount of freedom of builds with each class, you can do just about anything with anything.

The WoW expansions are cheap now. I know this because every other month my bf asks if I'm sure I don't want MoP because it's like $10 or something. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    Moreso though, the game just felt horribly dated. SO many decisions they're making just push me even further away. I'm sort of the opposite of the addict, I really really expected to return to WoW after some time, but other games have just killed it for me at this point.
    Sometimes I feel like maybe I should go back. I mean, I did play the game for 6 years and so far the average amount of time I've spent on an MMO since is just under a year. Other MMOs just aren't doing it for me for one reason or another. GW2's done the best of all of them, but I just can't stand the living story and there isn't anything else to do at this point.
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

I just couldn't get over the terrible combat and animations in ESO. I enjoyed some of the questing but on the other hand, the lack of freedom that normally is associated with an ES game also killed it for me. About the wow costs, well even if all of that is cheap, it still isn't worth it for just one interesting looking feature.

I've seen worse. Warhammer was completely unplayable to me due to the combat & animations. ESO really isn't any different than Skyrim (in both respects) to me. I also didn't notice the supposed 'lack of freedom' as much because I didn't go in expecting a single player game. As an MMO it actually offers a lot of freedom or at least far more than I'm used to having. I do think they probably shouldn't have had levels, especially since leveling skill lines could have been the character progression, but it is what it is.

Side note: I love that none of their dances are the Carlton. Two MMOs of that... ugh.
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

I actually never tried any of the dances. I just couldn't get over the mmo feel of the game I guess. In general I'm not a big mmo fan so it's not really surprising that I wouldn't like the mmo-fication of the single player series.

Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    Side note: I love that none of their dances are the Carlton. Two MMOs of that... ugh.
    Goodness, yes. F--- yes. Preach it, sister!

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    I just couldn't get over the terrible combat and animations in ESO. I enjoyed some of the questing but on the other hand, the lack of freedom that normally is associated with an ES game also killed it for me. About the wow costs, well even if all of that is cheap, it still isn't worth it for just one interesting looking feature.
    The animations were cleaned up quite a bit during the last couple betas, as was monster AI for idle activity. They also really boosted loot quality and experience gain from chests, making just wandering around in unlikely places pretty beneficial.

I'm not saying "buy it you are way wrong" but it certainly improved some of it's early beta problems.

I really hope an MMO removes levels. Still wish GW2 had stuck with that route.

Huh, just read that CD's biggest WvW guild transferred to HoD a few days ago. Going to be interesting to see what happens now. If it weren't for the free transfers I'd say to expect CD to start rapidly dropping in ranks (maybe we'll see EB again :P).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zed zebes View Post
    I really hope an MMO removes levels. Still wish GW2 had stuck with that route.
    Personally, I like unlocking things (stats, skills, game mechanics) while leveling, but to be honest most of those unlocks could also be tied to time played / achievements / zones visited etc.
    Sing like no one is listening - Love like you've never been hurt
    Dance like no one is watching - Masturbate like no one else is on the bus

10+ Year Old Account
    Huh, just read that CD's biggest WvW guild transferred to HoD a few days ago. Going to be interesting to see what happens now. If it weren't for the free transfers I'd say to expect CD to start rapidly dropping in ranks (maybe we'll see EB again :P).
    KoME? They've been on HoD since the day the transfers started, or maybe the next. I have seen them in there, so I would say current WvW numbers are indicative of the way things might remain.

On another note...is there a bug or something that lets people in WvW manage to be able to group request someone on the other server and then WHISPER them? I was fighting a shadow arts thief yesterday and he just kept coming out and bursting me almost to nothing, disappearing and healing, and then coming back and doing the same thing. Some other people on my team came up until there were about four of us and couldn't kill him because he just kept doing the same thing. We finally got tired of it and just left. Next thing I know I have someone group requesting me and then get a whisper "Why are you running away? It's 4v1?"

I was kind of like...WTF?

Deleted
    I used to be partied with enemy loads of times, either you or them click the other, r`click & select the invite.
    Although someone a while back in this thread said that had been "fixed/removed".

/shrug

Hasn't KoME moved a lot? I feel like I've seen them on three different servers.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rhywolver View Post
    Personally, I like unlocking things (stats, skills, game mechanics) while leveling, but to be honest most of those unlocks could also be tied to time played / achievements / zones visited etc.
    I love gaining abilities and advancements, but you can do that without levels. I think I prefer "practice something, advance said something" or doing feats or accomplishments for ability advancement.

I think EQN is doing something with their gear where a piece of gear will have some feature or ability that will make it always useful instead of being replaced by higher level gear. Stuff like boots that make you jump higher or shoulders with wings, etc. I prefer that to just replacing boots every so levels because numbers increase.

Yeah, KoME. They'd been on CD since beta (so they claim). I know that other servers have made KoME mock guilds so that may be what you were seeing, zed.

Yeah, KoME. They'd been on CD since beta (so they claim). I know that other servers have made KoME mock guilds so that may be what you were seeing, zed.
    And of course, they could just have members scattered on different servers too.

It's possible. I can't remember which server it was, one we face (or used to face) a lot (maybe IoJ?) definitely had a mock KoME guild though.

I just saw this thread on the official forums and it's amazing. :P Definitely read the OP's "infographic".

10+ Year Old Account
    I just saw this thread on the official forums and it's amazing. :P Definitely read the OP's "infographic".
    It's really a good read, you should also take a look at this one here, it's even more detailed and how the poster would have written things in a different way.
    Sing like no one is listening - Love like you've never been hurt
    Dance like no one is watching - Masturbate like no one else is on the bus

Very good find. If Anet has even a shred of common sense about them (lol) then they would take that post to heart and try to make season 2 better. The storytelling of season 1 was absolutely atrocious. The white knights who defended LS all through the year last year really were delusional....some of them even switched sides after the finale!! :P

15+ Year Old Account
    Or maybe they actually did like the living story, even if it wasn't all that amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr Storm View Post
    Very good find. If Anet has even a shred of common sense about them (lol) then they would take that post to heart and try to make season 2 better. The storytelling of season 1 was absolutely atrocious. The white knights who defended LS all through the year last year really were delusional....some of them even switched sides after the finale!! :P
    Delusional is not the best way to describe a different opinion.

The Living Story was fine, for what it was, it had it's good and bad for season 1, but it drove the gameplay updates with a nice cohesive narrative. There were changes in style and pace as they went, and I'm sure they learned a lot on what they should have done.

Continually throughout season 1, folks have complained about not knowing even some of the most basic information presented in game, let alone the complaints that some of it was revealed in short stories directly linked from the launcher. Sure they can improve how they deliver information, but they also can't force folks to learn stuff.