Quote Originally Posted by Duncano View Post
    Can you guys recommend a PVE/WWW build for mesmers? I have soldiers gear.
    Are you looking for one build that works in both? Or separate builds?

With Soldiers Gear, Phantasm/Glamour build should work from the backlines.
    http://intothemists.com/calc/?build=...5;9;7FW0-iV10Y

^A common phantasm/glam build. In WvW, bring veil. In PVE, bring Feedback. You have cd reduction on summons and 30% more damage from phantasms. Also, reflect whenever you need it.

Prismatic Understanding is common in WvW. You can run it in Soldiers gear with Phantasm damage. I wouldn't recommend it for PVE though.

PU w/ Power:
    http://intothemists.com/calc/?build=...9;9;0F81-i-K0L

Quote Originally Posted by zed zebes View Post
    Are you looking for one build that works in both? Or separate builds?

With Soldiers Gear, Phantasm/Glamour build should work from the backlines.
    http://intothemists.com/calc/?build=...5;9;7FW0-iV10Y

^A common phantasm/glam build. In WvW, bring veil. In PVE, bring Feedback. You have cd reduction on summons and 30% more damage from phantasms. Also, reflect whenever you need it.

Prismatic Understanding is common in WvW. You can run it in Soldiers gear with Phantasm damage. I wouldn't recommend it for PVE though.

PU w/ Power:
    http://intothemists.com/calc/?build=...9;9;0F81-i-K0L
    Ahh, thanks! So nothing that uses new traits?

Quote Originally Posted by Achaman View Post
    except the witch's hat doesnt give you any hair so you look bald.. which sucks..
    True, but I'd use it on an asura, so wouldn't matter much.

Unidentified Dyes no longer drop as common loot from creatures in the world. They are still available as rewards and as a Mystic Forge result.

common loot my ass i havnt had one drop in months
    I got a bunch this past week actually, 10ish through my weekend killstreak (wanted to hit 10k achieve for the chest, so grabbed some more Slayer achieves).

Also, if no one noticed, the laurel cost went from 10 dyes for 5 laurels, to 1 dye for 5 laurels.

Quote Originally Posted by Meledelion View Post
    WvW player complaining about sPvP benefiting from a patch. Note that there aren't actual improvements or new content or anything for sPvP...
    Oh the hilarity.
    I even stated that SPvP needed an update and this was a nice one to improve the participation. The fact of the matter is WvW is the least cared about of PvE, SPvP, and WvW. There are currently 5 devs dedicated to WvW. On top of that the WvW devs have to go through the SPvP devs because they don't want to "break" anything for their "amazing" structured PvP. So please tell me how my comment is hilarious. There are 10x as many people who play WvW then Spvp but it is constantly the last thing to be looked at. If you haven't noticed it took 6 months for Account Bound world xp to hit after it was officially announced which while I don't know the way they Code GW2 I do know that adding fucking rank xp up and calculating your overall rank is not that difficult of a task.

So yes I do get to complain with the direction the games going k thanks bai.

WvW ppl have gotten
    A brand new area to fight, an entire new OF map, a rework of the borderlands, introduction of wXP and "traits" and quite a bit more.

Now list what sPvP has gotten, 3maps that everybody hates JEEEEEJ.
    In most cases, I understand the other side's viewpoint and how they came to it, but cannot tolerate their stubbornness to not see mine (the right one).

I can say that these reward tracks have gotten me more interested in sPVP, and the game itself. Been playing exclusively in sPVP since the patch and loving every minute of it.

Yea so far I hate the server changes, rata sum is crowded as hell now so the one reason I had to go there has been blown out of the window.
    In most cases, I understand the other side's viewpoint and how they came to it, but cannot tolerate their stubbornness to not see mine (the right one).

rata sum is the new hawtness

for some reason since this update, my computer is running so hot, the fans can't keep up. I'm afraid of burning up my card if I play for more than 5 minutes

You sure it's the gfx card and not the power supply? I had the same thing a while back and after replacing the power supply everything is back to normal.

hmm, could be. I'll check out the PS as well.

- - - Updated - - -

well it's definitely the gfx card. using a GeForce 560ti, latest drivers. Anyone heard of anything bad happening with those? Overheating?

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    hmm, could be. I'll check out the PS as well.

- - - Updated - - -

well it's definitely the gfx card. using a GeForce 560ti, latest drivers. Anyone heard of anything bad happening with those? Overheating?
    I actually just replaced my MSI GTX 560ti because my computer was always crashing when I was playing GW2. I found out that both fans stopped working and the card was overheating. Apparently the MSI has a problem with their video card fans being cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by Meledelion View Post
    WvW ppl have gotten
    A brand new area to fight, an entire new OF map, a rework of the borderlands, introduction of wXP and "traits" and quite a bit more.

Now list what sPvP has gotten, 3maps that everybody hates JEEEEEJ.
    Because real WvW players enjoy the ruins or the piece of shit that Edge of the mists is. WxP grant it was a nice buff as well as traits but no we really haven't gotten nearly as much as Spvp has they get bug fixes almost instantly.

Bug fixes almost instantly, that's why it took them over a year to fix "broken gates/trebs" from start of game?
    A fix to skyhammer farming took about as long, they even rewarded them extra since all those fuckers are max rank now.

I can keep going but it's a waste of my time so I won't bother.

male light incarnate armor looks horrible. Shitty detailed, looks thrown together last minute copy of another armor set. While the female counter part is detailed and unique again.

They have it out for male light armor.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

15+ Year Old Account
    I like the update, I really do, hell, most of it is common sense that should of been there since launch, but after getting hacked about 6 months ago, and only getting 1 of my characters back, I just can't get back into it for some reason, I love the game, but the 1 character they gave back to me is in full orange gear and does the damage i need it to do and I don't have the time to level up another Elementalist like I want to. Hell, if I find the time, I might just level a dude to make it easier on me to find my styles (bullshit that it "cost" something to switch your styles, but w/e...)

incarnate just looks weird, but the shirt is an open v-neck so it could mix with some other stuff fabulously

I wouldn't want the whole set though

10+ Year Old Account
    Gotta say, the new world boss timers are great. I can actually log on at a set time to do something instead of checking that fucking website 24/7.

I also killed the 3 wurms today for the first time.. man beast gate is just awesome. I am going to buy a transfer there, fuck it. They own in WvW too.

Sad that the loot was absolutely horrible, kinda pointless to do a fight that takes that much coordination for a bunch of greens, rofl. What a bunch of fucking insulting ass holes ANet are. That should reward at least a couple guarantee'd exotics. I am so tired of piss poor rewards in this game, it's extremely annoying.

Meh, casual pvp until next living grind.. in the mean time I have a ton of loyalty points in Rift to deck out my rogue and play around some. I miss actual raiding and permanent content!
    Last edited by Lazuli; 2014-04-17 at 09:15 AM.

Deleted
    Now when they switched some of town clothes to armor.. is http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Iron...ilpipe_Bandana affected by this as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Roudene View Post
    Now when they switched some of town clothes to armor.. is http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Iron...ilpipe_Bandana affected by this as well?
    Well pasting the item code into game shows it as tradeable for a head armor skin. So it seems it can be worn in battle now.